Sign in to follow this  
6088m canary

positive for next season or more hard luck stories?

it seems every week we are "controlling games" or "the only side likely to score" yet we dont.

Is Farke hitting the PR offensive or are there signs that we are getting the right balance in the side and just lack a little cutting edge / luck?

reading between the lines it sounds more as if we are toothless.

We are not making the best use of the opportunities our superior posession gives us.  So much waste in the final third of the pitch in terms of poor crossing and bad decison making. Solve that and we will be a real force. 

I agree with ldc, however the reality is that our best players will have to be sold in the summer, thereby meaning we’ll have to go again with players of lower quality.

I think a time will come when Webber and Farke have to be judged on results they have bought a lot more time than most managers when they come into most jobs

never heard a manager say it will take 4 transfer windows (2 years) as webber said most say i know i have to hit the ground running and get results

Delia has put her faith into Webber but he must get results with a head coach winning games is a must

With the modest budget given to the managerial team noone will be sacked for finishing mid table. It is impossible to make good or bad predictions for next season as we don''t know for sure who will be here. Take out Gunn one of the cbs tetty maddison leitner and Reed and there will have to be some stonking buys to fill the void but anything is possible

Next season will follow suit. There’s nothing to suggest otherwise. This season has been the one of the poorest seasons I can remember.

Bar a 1 nil win at Ipswich, plus two last minute equalisers at home to Ipswich and away to Chelsea, there’s literally been noting to stir any postive emotion.

We’re back. Back to mid table mediocracy of the late 90s.

The thing that worries me most we have some good players at the club this season

Man for Man a lot would get into most if not all the teams in the championship

but we have not got the best out of the players with this style of play

That is down to Farke and Webber mostly

like others have said next season we will be where we can judge where we really are because it is no more learning curve no more transition period the wages down to what we can afford and most deadwood shifted

so it will be Farke / Webber team and mostly their signings

Lincoln canary - Next season will follow suit. There’s nothing to suggest otherwise. This season has been the one of the poorest seasons I can remember.

Bar a 1 nil win at Ipswich, plus two last minute equalisers at home to Ipswich and away to Chelsea, there’s literally been noting to stir any postive emotion.

We’re back. Back to mid table mediocracy of the late 90s.

———————————————

Yep. They truly squandered the good work done by Lambert and co. And the prem years money. Mad we were in the top division only two seasons ago, and now look at the shower of sh!te we have to watch.

It is no good praising us for our passing game when it is clearly too slow to build up.

Fulham showed us how to play that game at the right tempo.

The positives are:

- The manager and new players have all had a season to get used to the league. Farke especially knows that his teams must be mentally and physically ready to avoid being bullied (Millwall and QPR).

- Linked to the point above, Farke can spend pre-season building on the style of play that he wants - and attract players to suit that system. SW mentioned that they want a quick striker to stretch defences a bit more and Farke has said the aim is to move the ball quickly.

- The team has also shown the ability to mix it with the better teams in the league - drawing with Wolves and Fulham, beating Villa, Sheff Utd, Borough etc. If we can turn a few of our 14 draws into wins then we will be a lot closer (obviously).

The downsides are simply that we will lose a few key players in the summer. Tettey, Gunn, Maddison, Reed, Leitner and a few more could all leave and we don''t have the funds to replace them with the same quality.

The hard luck stories will run dry very soon into next season.

More concerning is when we sell the remaining top end players this summer that will be it.

The current new signings will not be fetching big money moves, so where will the cash be coming from?

LDC wrote

We are not making the best use of the opportunities our superior posession gives us plus one more s

LDC teams coming here are not one bit bothered whether we have the ball for 90% of the time.

They know that nothing will come of it as the 0-0 draws this season proves.

Until someone comes in with a load of dosh which will not happen as Delia and MWJ are determined to pass the club onto Master Tom we will languish in the depths of TC

I''m sure I''m not alone in wanting to tell Farke to F off when he goes on about us being the best side with lots of possession blah, blah, blah!

End of the day our lack of quality, confidence, ideas, speed and overall penetration in the final third was the reason we lost yesterday to Cardiff at home! = We weren''t the best side or unlucky!

Farke needs next season, but then they''ll be no hiding or excuses. If we don''t improve our end result next season by November/December then a decision will need to be made!

I''ve been thinking that for quite some time now Mr. K.

I originally muted by the time of the next window after the Summer but now feel that if nothing has changed after just ten games then the axe should fall.

The fact is that we have seen all these new players come into the country, the league and the side and we have all seen them adapt and improve before our eyes Trybull, Vrancic etc. and even even Sbreny.

The manager seems stuck in mud and it will be very detrimental to the future of NCFC if he doesn''t improve.

This is not based upon a false sense of entitlement. We are nicely positioned amongst a clutter of teams in the Championship who should reasonably assume that they can make a stab for a top six place. There are also a number of clubs currently in the PL who I feel have fewer credentials than us based upon recent history, fan-base, attendances, infrastructure, Category A status and so on.

The fact that we are slipping in the financial ratings cannot be helped, but must be rebelled against if it indicates years of loss-making mediocrity in the Chumps.

TINA.

i would love Farke to be in charge of our youth set up wow that would be something but as first team head coach i think he is far to stuck in his ways of keep the ball slow build up

that is fantastic if you are winning but far to slow when you are searching for a goal unless you turn that into moving the ball far quicker like Man city ( i know different world of players )

now Farke has said next season he will work on moving the ball quicker has it really took him this long to work that out when we or most fans were saying it from the start !

i like him as a person his interviews are a bit of off the wall but he is a good man and is trying to play the right way but more suited to the PL than the Championship