Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Morris, Abrahams, Fonkeu, Idah

4 really upcoming strikers who do you think will get a first team chance next season ?

I would have said Morris, surely if he is going to make the step up it has to be next year? Saying that, his goal scoring record in League One doesn’t suggest he is ready yet

Hopefully we''ll have bought some decent strikers who will be first choice and get us the goals.

Unless we play them, it''s hard to know how they''ll step up. Morris has hardly set the world alight one division down, unfortunately!

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/emoticons/emotion-8.gif

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-transfer-rumours-idah-target-for-jose-mourinho-in-zlatan-ibrahimovic-hunt-1-5449555

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]None of the above I suspect.[/quote]Why though? I accept that it is possible that Farke et al don''t think they''re ready and that would be a reason for them not to play these young guys.But a couple of them aren''t really that young! I think we''ll see Abrahams or Morris (if still here) getting some game time.

[quote user="BobLoz3"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]None of the above I suspect.[/quote]Why though? I accept that it is possible that Farke et al don''t think they''re ready and that would be a reason for them not to play these young guys.But a couple of them aren''t really that young! I think we''ll see Abrahams or Morris (if still here) getting some game time.[/quote]I just think Farke''s incredibly risk adverse and will bring in his own players. He''s not inclined to even give Raggett a try who was excellent at Lincoln let alone some untried youngster. Possibly Cantwell might get a look in.

Sadly none of them. I''d love to see Carlton of all of them at least given a go as well. I think he''s the ideal fit for this level.

Idah is only just 17 and in his first season of English football.i doubt that more than half a dozen of us on here have seen him play. But don''t let that you writing him off.

If we sell Maddison and Oliveira i hope we may a serious bid for Jack Marriott. Fits the young and hungry criteria. Plus went down the division to kickstart his career. Not to mention how much it would pee off The Binners.

I would also suggest none of these will feature much for the first team next season.

I''d love Morris to succeed, but I''m not sure he''s displayed anything to suggest he''s ready for the Championship. He has 9 goals and 6 assists in 45 games in league one and has generally played quite well. His style of play could suit our game, but is he a better option than Srbeny? At 22 it''s probably his make or break season with us. We might need him to fulfil the homegrown quota though...

I''ve not been able to see the Development squad this year, but Abrahams has played 19 games returning 4 goals and 3 assists. He''s also only 19, so unlikely to be called up to the first team.

Fonkeu is 20 and is predominantly a right winger, he has played 15 games returning 3 goals and no assists. Given we''ve signed Onel it is unlikely he will be in the first team squad either, but might be called upon as back-up. Don''t forget we have Cantwell who can play as a winger or CAM coming through the system too.

Idah already covered, probably considered too young and inexperienced to be near the first team yet.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Idah is only just 17 and in his first season of English football.i doubt that more than half a dozen of us on here have seen him play. But don''t let that you writing him off.[/quote]
Some may write him off on here but on the pitch he''s continuing to make his mark....

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]I just think Farke''s incredibly risk adverse and will bring in his own players. He''s not inclined to even give Raggett a try who was excellent at Lincoln let alone some untried youngster. Possibly Cantwell might get a look in.[/quote]I wouldn''t say soMore case of making sure they are ''ready''When they, as with Lewis then they play

if you are good enough you are old enough

if he is banging them in for under 18''s a go on the bench is worth a go instead of NO who might not even be here next season if we are going to try somethings out for next season it has to be with players that are going to be here

NO has had chance after chance this season

and missed chance after chance why not let Idah see if he can finish some of them

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Year of the tiger"]Idah is only just 17 and in his first season of English football.i doubt that more than half a dozen of us on here have seen him play. But don''t let that you writing him off.[/quote]
Some may write him off on here but on the pitch he''s continuing to make his mark....
[/quote]

Was an excellent hat-trick, showed power & pace.

It’s interesting these days how players are still regarded as youngsters up to the age of 21/22. It may be my mind playing tricks on me but I’m sure in the past that the most promising young players weee often put into the first team whilst still teenagers. Could do worse than give Idah a bit of early exposure to the first team set up in one of our remaining meaningless games and in Orr a seasin next season if he continues to impress/improve.

I think that all football supporters have a tendency to over-rate the prospects of the up-and-coming youngsters on their club''s books.

The only way to really find out is to give them as many opportunities to play with the first team as is possible.

Less meaningful games present these opportunities, and I am not just referring to the occasional League Cup game.

A truism is that PL membership blocks the use of youngsters for the most part. I suppose the same could be said of a situation whereby a club is aiming for a top six spot in the Championship.

However, top young talent forces a manager to promote them, are any of the above four in that category?

There are so many also-rans in the game and even the most highly rated often discover that the pinnacle of their success is a regular place in a L.2 outfit.

I see "A trialist" also scored one of our goals for the U18s yesterday. The Spurs twitter has one of our goalscorers as someone called Longelo.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I see "A trialist" also scored one of our goals for the U18s yesterday. The Spurs twitter has one of our goalscorers as someone called Longelo.[/quote]You mean Eva who was in Desperate Housewives ? [:D]Image result for eva longoria

We can but hope Til, may help keep attendances up, although I suspect its more likely to be this chap.

https://www.whufc.com/teams/academy/squad/rosaire-longelo

"if you are good enough you are old enough."

Robert Rosario, decent but never a superstar, made his league debut at Watford in 1984. He was 18, still at school and had been studying for his A levels the day before.

Louie Donowa was in the same team.

There are dozens of examples of youngsters in the past, eg. Fashanu, Marshall, Greene, Fox, Sutton being given early debuts in the first team.

It is such a lengthy drawn out, meticulous process these days that it seems sometimes these promising youngsters are denied the opportunity when their enthusiasm is at it''s peak to the extent that they eventually drift into oblivion.

Surely one of the three currently at the club could have had a place on the bench yesterday.

Or wasn''t having four defenders on the bench enough?

i am a great believer that if the 1st team are not on form you go down the teams until you find one that is this young lad is banging them in for the under 23''s / 18''s

might be a step to far ? might be finding a gem who knows but you have to try everything

Anyone whos knows their football and has watched the U23''s will tell you that messrs Abrahams, Fonkeu and Idah aren''t no where near good for the 1st team hence, why they haven''t got near it!

Morris is probably the closest of the lot but I''d doubt whether he''d cut it at Champs level!

i think i know a little about football but what i am saying is why play NO if most think he will not be here next season he is missing chance after chance why not give the boy who is on fire a place on the bench

NO has been poor most of the season we all have seen that his attitude has not been the best would it really hurt to put a young striker who is scoring and confidence is high on the bench instead of a player so out of form ?

Agree that Oliviera quite likely won''t be here next season and under performed of late!

But Morris can''t be recalled at present and Abrahams and Fonkou simply aren''t good enough believe me!

I found it shocking how little energy and hunger Abrahams and Fonkou show in U23 games. They would struggle in League 2 from what I''ve seen!

i do not think NO will score again this season so i would put Adam Idah on the bench ( thats who i was talking about on fire in form ) might be to much to soon but i would not play NO if he was not in my plans