Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Is Reed Better Than Pinto?

I have to say that I''ve been impressed with Reed whenever I''ve seen him play at RB and in all honesty, I cannot say the same about Pinto. This may be completely wrong but I feel that we concede less with Reed at RB as well?

Could we keep Reed and mould him into first choice RB? I''m assuming his wages would be much lower than Pinto''s, who still has to be one of our highest earners?

Just wondered what others thoughts are....

It would be a plus to retain Harrison Reed but the outcome would depend upon Southampton as he has a long term deal that ties him and a decent wage to the Saints until the summer of 2021.

With Southampton looking more likely to be relegated by the week it is difficult to predict their plans for the player.

For sure, if they wished to cash in then he wouldn''t come on the cheap, but then again it would not be a blind signing as the player is now well known to the Norwich management team, meaning less risk would be involved.

On a side note, it looks like Nathan Redmond will be playing Championship football next season. He is on a longish contract with the Saints and I feel that they are likely to want to keep the player for the time being.

James Madisson take note. We know you are destined for Premier League football but select your club with foresight otherwise you might well be a yo-yo player just like NR.

I think he is a far better player than Pinto... Has got better the more he played

Thought he was brilliant yesterday, no-one would guess he was here on loan, hope we can somehow keep him

I think we really miss Pinto going forward, when he is not playing.

Josh is more inclined to attack from the left and Lewis offers a good overlap option when attacking on that side.

Maddison is often listed as playing on the right on the team sheet but we all know he has a free role to attack whatever space he sees fit. I noticed yesterday (and other times previously) that we had a couple of very good opportunities to attack down the right and it was only Reed occupying the space. When Pinto has that space, he is significantly more dangerous than Reed.

That said, Reed looked a lot more solid than pinto defensively and is a great player. I would like to see him here next year.

Defensively yes. Attacking no. I like Reed a good little player but I''m never convinced by him physically in the centre of midfield especially in the holding role. Maybe right back would be a good fit for him long term.

I think you may find Reed playing against next year for his current club...

If Southampton go down, which is looking likely, I can see them playing him next season, knows the Championship well after his year with us.

Reed looks class defensively. Pinto flatters to deceive in an attacking sense with the final ball so often lacking. Suspect we won’t be able to afford either of them next season so the question is academic. Look forward to a degrade at RB next season.

Reed was my MotM yesterday - thought he was brilliant

What we need is Hernandez to be fit so we have a genuine outlet on the right wing, which means Reed can then be a conventional RB - defend first, support attack when needed.

There was one moment that summed Pinto up yesterday. He did brilliantly and left Hoilett looking sheepish on the touchline. Then the final ball let him down, bounced to Hoilett who had 90 yards of space in front of him in which to run and put Cardiff on the attack

The impending relegation of Southampton sadly makes it unlikely he will be here next season.

Pinto should be a outstanding player in the championship bit worrying why such a drop in performance

Reed always gives you his all and does a great job but pinto should be better attacking than he has been

He works very hard for a loan player. You would imagine if Southampton come down he would be in and around their first team.

Defensively, I think he is far better. He has really impressed me at right back.

Sometimes I think he is. He was outstanding yesterday. Reed would be a great permanent signing if we could ever do it.
Just a shame that we had to downgrade from Whittaker and Martin to be stuck with these two.
Highland couldn''t make it up....

Pinto is arguably better going forwards (although end product has been an issue this season, but then it''s been an issue throughout the entire squad...) but I''d say Reed is a much better all round player.

I''d sign Reed this summer if we have the possibility, but with Southampton likely to be relegated he might end up in their first team anyway.

Pinto will stay, he''s our captain.

Reed is the better player of the two, certainly in terms of passing and awareness. I am not sure either is a very good right back defensively, Pinto because he gets out of position and is not good at tackling, and both because they are not good in competing in the air with tall attackers.

What swings it for me is that Reed is more willing to engage in tackles.

I''ve long thought this. To start with hardly anyone agreed but I think more are coming round to seeing what Reed brings to the party.

Definitely better defensively and unfortunately Pinto''s bursts up the wing often don''t come to as much as they promise.

Interesting that we conceded Saturday after Reed had gone off. Pinto played the guy who originally shot on-side. To be fair he had only been on the pitch for a short while so maybe not quite up to speed of the game but it''s small margins.....