Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

David Hannant: I’m backing Dennis to become a menace

[quote user="king canary"]I didn''t pick up on that point because he didn''t make it.[/quote]Yes he did.As I''ve told you before, go back and read things properly before spouting your rhetoric.Cheers

Rhetoric?

Tell you what, I''ve got very little interest into getting into some semantic debate with you- but if he said it you can highlight the quote as I can''t see it.

Holt was rubbish in that Colchester game. We should dig up that match thread and see how many were proclaiming him as a definite future hall of famer... after all, we had to bring Cooodee on to get us a ghoul that day despite having Holt and Martin up top.

So many experts, so much expectation for a striker making a big step up to be an instant hero.

It don’t work like that 99% of the time. It’s been a massive change for him and far, far to early to judge.

My disappointment is that he didn’t start on Tuesday, but I can only assume there are fitness issues, which is disappointing.

Play out the rest of the games with him up top this season and see how he comes on.

[quote user="king canary"]"If anyone had doubted Holty''s credentials when we got him, then they hadn''t bothered to find out about him. He was always going to be a success for us being the goal scoring nightmare for defenders he was in the league we were entering at the time"

Some proper nonsense with hindsight there LDC. He''d bounced around the lower leagues, had a record of 21 goals in 90 odd games for Forest at League One level and before his season with Shrewsbury had never managed 20 in a season. He was great for us but to claim he was some form of ''sure thing'' when he joined is ridiculous.[/quote]There you go, KC.Ps. I''m not interested in a debate about semantics either. All seems a bit daft, hey?

I’m backing Dennis to become a menace

Their Fire Engines are noisy but hardly menacing

@Duncan

I believe Lambert said later on that based on the Colchester game he didn''t rate Martin at all! Seems we all make judgements.

@ tccanary

"Apart from the 5 times he played for us in the Premier League."

Sarky now then.

Why is it that some of you unable to point out politely when

somebody has made a mistake rather than resort to one of the the tired old PinkUn norms?

Incidentally, where did Martin end up after his famous five games?

You can Google that now. Clearly you need something to keep you gainfully occupied

i think Dennis will be a good player for us next season as long as Farke does not drop him every game after he scores !

i have said this before but NO has had chance after chance this season Dennis had a good game vs Villa scores his first go then gets dropped

Reward success not failure

I have said it before and i will say it again, if Srbeny is the answer whatever was the question ?

Buying a striker with little money i guess Til

I think he has a very good record at a lower level and it is a gamble that might pay off

i think that is what most of the clubs buys will be we just have no money to buy the proven strikers / players

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I have said it before and i will say it again, if Srbeny is the answer whatever was the question ?[/quote]Who is Til going to moan about?

Keep dreaming Herman but in all my years watching Norwich he is up there with the worst that i have seen and i remember Jim Blair and Davie Robb.

You are probably right. He doesn''t exactly exude class, but what can we expect from his pedigree?

He must be given the Summer to bed in and hopefully he will have that little bit more to offer next season.

The concept of poaching a young, and quite prolific striker from the lower leagues of Germany, or our Football League, is correct though given our financial restrictions.

If this one doesn''t come off it will have to be a case of ''try, try again.''

We may well have a few more funds to spend in that direction once our Summer sales are realised.

We''ve had far worse strikers in just my years of supporting Norwich let alone Tils, but he has to keep up these ridiculous statements considering he tried to call it after 10 minutes of watching him. He actually has a better touch than a lot of CFs ive seen play for us and is fairly effective at laying it off. I agree hes not a 20 goal a season striker but hes not the worst weve had either.

Keith Scott another donkey.

Having said that surely beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The last time I saw Scott play for City was at St. Andrews.

I went with a Villa supporting friend.

After about 20 minutes he said to me, "That number nine of yours looks useful."

I replied that I thought him rather more equine than human, in footballing terms.

Blow me didn''t Scott pop up with a headed goal sometime in the second half. I think it was the only goal on the day.

Thankfully, I seem to remember Scott didn''t last long with us.

Well RVW didn''t last long in the memory banks did he.

Keith Scott

Goran Maric

David Strihavka

Peter Thorne

Chris Brown

Ricky

Dean Coney

Trevor Benjamin

Tony Cottee

There’s a steaming pile of bang average. I’d have Dennis over any of them and I bet there’s plenty more...

Robert Rosario.Too early to judge Sir Benny and I can''t knock his work rate. We play better as a team with Dennis, purely for his link up play. We need a better striker than Oliveira or Srbeny though to be honest.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 15/04/2018 7:09 PM:

Sibierski and John Hartson

Big John was probably in the early stages of his cancer when he played for us poor bloke, biggest shorts I''ve ever seen at CR with the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Great player and a great man!

Suggest a few of you revisit your ''on loan to the endsleigh'' 95/96 season vhs before putting Keith Scott''s name on any worst striker lists. Peasants.