Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Kids for a quid at Poooman Road Sat

Does it, as usual, include season ticket holders who don''t go?

That is the only factor which has kept their official "gate" above single figures on a few occasions this season.

We do it as well as all clubs. The regulars are usually adept at calculating the real gate though.

"All supporters under the age of 19 are able to watch the game for just £1".Blimey, when we did it, it was for under-12''s. [:S]I reckon there will be several 19/25''s taking this up, and why wouldn''t they? They won''t get turned away. [<:o)]

My brother told me that he used to see grown men at a London ground-I think it was Stamford Bridge-in the 70s shaving before going in through the Under 16s turnstiles.

[quote user="STFU"]My brother told me that he used to see grown men at a London ground-I think it was Stamford Bridge-in the 70s shaving before going in through the Under 16s turnstiles.[/quote]Quite a few used to get into Carrow Road that way, even with stubble.Push your 2/6 towards him and chance that he would just hit the pedal and in you go....... straight round to the back of the Barclay to get a drinkCan''t think of anyone having a shave - mind you the turnstiles also took OAPS in as well at the same price.

Before the River End was developed there used to be a door where Police Officers could get in free, I once saw an old boy about 90 walk up to the door and say “ C.I.D. “ and was let in

Plod may well be kept busy at poorman road on Saturday as I expect a few Villa will get in various home stands.And any number of binners may well turn up expecting to get in for a quid mistakenly thinking the ''19'' refers to IQ.And our fine City and ground has all too often seen what drinking on an empty head can do to these young farmhands.A few sups of the moonshine and they''ll be hopping around like the annual village idiots hoe down.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Forgot to add that includes 3,000 from Villa[/quote]
Villa only got 2000 tickets and they have sold them all

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Forgot to add that includes 3,000 from Villa[/quote]
Villa only got 2000 tickets and they have sold them all
[/quote]seems silly that they can''t/won''t up that amount as I''m sure Villa could sell morebetter atmosphere and more money ... etc