Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If you had to choose Colin or Farke

Short term plan or long term plan is what the question should really be. It all depends on your levels of patience. Admittedly patience has been worn very thin this season but there are green shoots starting to emerge.

Football for me - therefore Farke. If it doesn''t work out with Farke, a footballing replacement.

Bottom line is I would have to choose a proven successful Championship manager if I want my club to get promoted. So there’s no choice really, literally no choice.

Farke every time.Colin is a winner, largely by cheating - if that''s all people are interested in then he''s definitely a contender but I want to watch football and there was only one side playing football on Saturday - us.

Colin is a winner, largely by cheating - if that''s all people are interested in then he''s definitely a contender but I want to watch football and there was only one side playing football on Saturday - us.

So we never cheat. Ask Sheffield United. And we lost by the way.

And if you really do consider that our version of football is so good then good luck with boredom.

Winner? His last promotion was when we went up under Lambert. If he was a winner he''d be with a top side instead of trying to cheat his way out of this one. I''d prefer Alex Neil to Warnock.

It''s surprising how many on here would sacrifice steady growth for a quick fix, embarrassment followed by a rapid decline.

What is all this about steady growth? Where is the evidence?

We have the poorest squad we have had for years and just because they can pass it about albeit slowly, we are supposed to be seeing something encouraging.

And the probability we will be losing our two best players this season.

I really hope you are right but don''t share your optimism.

I don''t think Mr Warnock would be suitable - or really the kind of manager/coach that our current board and Mr Webber, would employ here.....

Personally, I don''t care who is in charge of the squad, as long as we''re playing good entertaining football and consistently successful.....

[quote user=" Badger"]Football for me - therefore Farke. If it doesn''t work out with Farke, a footballing replacement. [/quote]

This season has been the most boring dull ineffective football I have seen in years.... I would hazard a guest that Cardiff fans have been entertained far more than us...

On a tangent, Adi Akinfenwa made the EFL team of the season.

An L2 player, not in the accepted physical shape for a footballer but 13 goals in 31 appearances.

I bet he has never picked up a big earner and probably could have been a squad signing for even teams in the Championship. Super sub type of thing.

Maddison made the side also but didn''t win the Championship POTS.

So apparently we have the poorest squad in years and are lucky not to be in a relegation fight, yet we have outplayed and/or beaten most of the teams that are considered the best in the league. We have struggled against the lesser teams and have an issue with actually scoring goals, but that is a one (though admittedly very important) part of the game, but to me that suggests that IF we do have such a poor team the Farke is a genius and just imagine what he could do with a good squad!

For me it''s Farke, we needed to move away from short termism and this is hopefully the first stage of that. Colin is only surpassed in his short term ability by Mr Redknapp. Also, when people say "why aren''t more teams taking this approach" look beyond our shores, the majority of the succesful teams globally do have this approach, just because it isn''t the main approach in the UK doesn''t devalue it.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]What is all this about steady growth? Where is the evidence?

We have the poorest squad we have had for years and just because they can pass it about albeit slowly, we are supposed to be seeing something encouraging.

And the probability we will be losing our two best players this season.

I really hope you are right but don''t share your optimism.[/quote]One seasn.A season in which we will be £32m lighter at the end yet could still have wages that are dependent upon that money.The club has NEVER been in this position before. To have brought in players of the realtively low cost of Trybull, Zimmerman and Lietner speaks volumes for the ''steady growth'' As does the emergence of again relatively cheap players like Maddison and Lewis. Both loaoness (Gunn and Reed) have been outstanding.Players like Klose, Pinto, Murphy and Tettey have a new believe and vigor in them. This overlooks the wealth of talent that s coming through.What you don''t see KG is instant growth, instant success - whereas some of us see a club taking a necessary step back, taking a good deep breath and now getting back into the fray.it is watching football that mainly takes me to CR, not simply success. On Saturday we ran Cardiff ragged. And another referee may well have handed out a red card before this one eventually took out the yellow card. And with a Holt type finisher the game might well have been over before Cardiff scored.However they are ''ifs'', what is not conditional is that we are building for the future, and doing it well.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Colin is a winner, largely by cheating - if that''s all people are interested in then he''s definitely a contender but I want to watch football and there was only one side playing football on Saturday - us.

So we never cheat. Ask Sheffield United. And we lost by the way.

And if you really do consider that our version of football is so good then good luck with boredom.[/quote]Did I say we never cheat??All professional football teams cheat on occasions because the incentives are large and the punishments are minimal or non-existant. But we don''t cheat in the continual, organised and planned manner that Cardiff did on Saturday, and I hope we never do.Despite that, I thought our football, and the game in general, was pretty entertaining - if you were bored with that then you''re probably watching the wrong team/sport.

Fair post CM. Although teams can only stretch the rules if the ref lets them. He deserves alot of the criticism for letting them tot up 10 or 11 cynical fouls before a booking.

[quote user="cornish sam"]So apparently we have the poorest squad in years and are lucky not to be in a relegation fight, yet we have outplayed and/or beaten most of the teams that are considered the best in the league. We have struggled against the lesser teams and have an issue with actually scoring goals, but that is a one (though admittedly very important) part of the game, but to me that suggests that IF we do have such a poor team the Farke is a genius and just imagine what he could do with a good squad!

For me it''s Farke, we needed to move away from short termism and this is hopefully the first stage of that. Colin is only surpassed in his short term ability by Mr Redknapp. Also, when people say "why aren''t more teams taking this approach" look beyond our shores, the majority of the succesful teams globally do have this approach, just because it isn''t the main approach in the UK doesn''t devalue it.[/quote]

The globally successful teams do not play boring ineffective football. They score goals have pace and make the right decisions.

Farke will have to do without even more quality next year and more cheap options.

[quote user="hogesar"]I think Farke will prove himself a better Coach than the fuckwit Wilder.[/quote]I think that is the idea, as he does seem to have ''developed'' players and rather harmonised things.I doubt it is all his work as such, merely that he is a key component in a much bigger set up.Younger players are not simply being thrown in at the deep end to patch up the squad, as elsewhere. But look to be playing at a level that will be suitable for their development... Mathews, Godfrey and others. There doesn''t appear to be the ''bad feeling'' within the squad, and to see a loanee (Reed) get a standing ovation when being substituted speaks volumes for Farke and the set up ... as well as Reed.And as a bloke he comes across as not only fully committed but absolutely genuine

[quote user="Mike "][

The globally successful teams do not play boring ineffective football. They score goals have pace and make the right decisions.

Farke will have to do without even more quality next year and more cheap options.[/quote]the ''globally successful teams'' do not as you point out have to manage on our budgetas to "boring ineffective football."I doubt you would find many who watched the Villa and Cardiff games use those words

Colin every time. He’s a winner. People need to stop with the he plays rubbish football. That’s absolute nonsense. The best move of the game sat was Cardiff’s one touch move down the left side which ended up blazed over the bar which they should have scored from. We should have hired him a few seasons back. He’s not a yes man and is too outspoken for Norwich. There’s no way we would have churned out dross performances like QPR away.

If the reason we haven''t gone for Warnock is that hes not a yes man and he is too outspoken then why on earth did we appoint Webber? Lazy, cheap and inaccurate argument im afraid.

But mike, it was the sporting director/head coach model that was being questioned. We have at times been too slow in the build up, but at other times the slow build up has worked in tiring out the opponents and eventually pulling people out of position to allow the chance. As has been pointed out, we are working to a tight budget, we can''t buy success so we have to build it and the current model is the way I think we could do that, it just requires patience.

Webber better pull one out the bag then if next season is the same as this

All he keeps saying is it will take time 4 transfer windows etc

He just seems to buy more time for himself

i agree it takes some time to build a squad but you can get results along the way and show sort of progress

the club are losing the best players each transfer window the club have run out of money so we need results to get the the money rich PL if not we are going to get weaker and weaker

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Webber better pull one out the bag then if next season is the same as this

All he keeps saying is it will take time 4 transfer windows etc

He just seems to buy more time for himself

i agree it takes some time to build a squad but you can get results along the way and show sort of progress

the club are losing the best players each transfer window the club have run out of money so we need results to get the the money rich PL if not we are going to get weaker and weaker[/quote]Or it will take a few transfer windows to ''dismantle'' a squad - one who are on PL wages that we no longer receive the money for.The club HAS NOT run out of money. It is merely adjusting to what will now be comng in.As said before we have NEVER  been in this position as a club in our history. The Championship has far, far more clubs who have left the PL in the past decade and have not made it back than those who have.Sadly this forum seems littered with those who don''t seem to have a clue and imagine that we have some divine right to be in the PL and so they must be being ''cheated'' by the club as we haven''t bounced back immediately.

[quote user="hogesar"]Fair post CM. Although teams can only stretch the rules if the ref lets them. He deserves alot of the criticism for letting them tot up 10 or 11 cynical fouls before a booking.[/quote]Yes, absolutely he does but I think it goes even deeper than that - every week we can sit and watch football on TV and every week we will see blatant cheating going unpunished. Tim Robinson was particularly incompetant, even when judged by the generally low standards we seemed to have endured in recent seasons. But with the best will in the world refs will never get everything right, which for me begs the question of why the governing bodies still refuse to use  technology which has been available for years to clamp down on cheating.I''m not suggesting that all wrongs can be righted, especially in real time, but it seems obvious that applying bans to players who cheat where the ref misses it but the video evidence is conclusive, would massively reduce the incentive for the players to cheat in the first place.

["Creative Midfielder"]Farke every time.Colin is a winner, largely by cheating - if that''s all people are interested in then he''s definitely a contender but I want to watch football and there was only one side playing football on Saturday - us.

If you think slowly passing it mainly sideways, backwards, going nowhere with a minimal threat in the final third where it actually counts is playing football then god help you!

Cardiff were better than us in the final third and their 2nd goal was football at its best!

Complete urban myth that the likes of Warnock and Pullis have teams that can''t play football!

A major element of football is attacking the oppositions penalty box and goal in order to give yourself a better chance of scoring goals! - Norwich City in 2017/18 have been not good enough at this vital footballing element

[quote user="hogesar"]If the reason we haven''t gone for Warnock is that hes not a yes man and he is too outspoken then why on earth did we appoint Webber? Lazy, cheap and inaccurate argument im afraid.[/quote]

Didn’t realise Webber was the manager.

Wonder what people''s answers would be if Farke was an English manager and we''d had the season we''ve had?.

It''s all smoke and mirrors.

Without anything shadow if doubt Warnock would have had this squad higher in the league