Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If you had to choose Colin or Farke

If your life depended on promotion to the Prem - you would have to go with the one with such a promotion on his CV (more than once) .

Would you want Colin to go to ITFC next year? I wouldn''t .

I’d choose Farke even if that is at the expense of the promotion I expect Colin might bring.

I’ll support Norwich whatever league they are in and want to have a manager, team and club that I like and have respect for.

The club is part of who I am and having decent people involved in it is important to me.

I''d choose the guy that knows how to win football matches. The guy who understands that to win games its all about clean sheets and scoring goals. The guy who was massively complimentary about our club yesterday.

@Herman

But we aren''t in the Pl league, and don''t look like we will be any time soon, so its not really relevant.

For getting out of this league it would have to be Colin. He knows the league like the back of his hand , knows what it takes to win games and is effective.

It wont be pretty, and we wouldn''t like the football, but he would build a team to get us out of this league. Unfortunately I think Farke is a million miles from that.

[quote user="Mike "]I''d choose the guy that knows how to win football matches. The guy who understands that to win games its all about clean sheets and scoring goals. The guy who was massively complimentary about our club yesterday.[/quote]

For some of us it isn''t all about winning. We won some home games under Hughton which were among the worst football experiences of my life, so boring were we.

Colin knows how to win in the Championship but he is an odious man who plays a repellant style of football which borders on thuggery. I genuinely don''t want to see Norwich play that way, even if it gets us up. He is a dinosaur who may bring some temporary success, but Cardiff won''t keep him next year and will probably spend very big to try to stay up. We don''t have that option.

Farke is trying to build a dynasty based on passing the ball, using young, skilful and quick players. You can easily see how some of those players have improved as the season has progressed - maybe the results haven''t been great but, in some areas, the progress has been dramatic. When we do go back up, we will then have a chance of staying there.

Everyone wanted full scale system change last year - they got it, and now they aren''t prepared to see if it can work.

"everyone wanted full scale system change last year - they got it, and now they aren''t prepared to see if it can work"..

er...no they did not. The majority of the people I know wanted the defence sorted and someone other than Alex Neil. No one was asked if we wanted what we got, so I total disagree with that statement.

Some people think it''s the way forward and I hope they are right, personally I think far more clubs would be following this route if it had proven successful. We have made zero progress on the pitch this year, we have been successful in reducing the wage bill... That is it.

We''d be higher up the table, very likely in the play off positions at least if Warnock was in charge of the present squad!

No one likes him but like Allerdyce and Pullis he almost nearly always is successful!

Farkes system isn''t working. Take away Maddison and we''d be in the bottom 5-6!

We had Warnock here in 1998 for an interview after Mike Walker left. Apparently a director asked him whether fans would like his style of football, to which Warnock replied "whats that, winng?" - End of the interview!

I''m sure if Warnock had come in as Norwich manager in 1998, our history from that point until 2003 would be different and better!

Third highest scorers and least goals against with a goal difference of 29 says that Cardiff play entertaining football.

The notion that all they do is big boot and kick people up the jacksie is ridiculous.

Warnock by a country mile for me.

Keelan, they can score goals and concede few but still be dirty and play long ball. Yesterday being a case in point.

Keelan, they can score goals and concede few but still be dirty and play long ball. Yesterday being a case in point.

I didn''t see yesterday''s game so have to rely on what you say.

But I do not see why there is an objection to a long ball game.

It is a genuine tactic and a goal is a goal. If yo have the personnel to carry that out then it is a genuine tactic.

If you believe it is his onlt tactic then you have to admit it is a successful one when he employs it. Long ball is not big boot.

The posts on here would be interesting on here if he were our manager.

"Yes I know we are in the play offs and have just been away and won 2-0 but it don''t like it. And he talks a load of rubbish as well."

If you want to get out of the Championship then evidence strongly suggests Warnock. It''s a results business and Farke cannot deliver consistently to sustain a promotion challenge. One can''t imagine the squad will be any stronger next season, so again, I think Warnock would get more out of them.

No comparison is there. One is a proven manager at this level and has promotions on his cv. The other is a novice learning his trade. If you want to get out of the league then the answer is Colin, if you’ve got 3 or 4 seasons spare to knock around this league whilst letting your manager learn his trade then maybe Farke would come good.

Colin+. Knows how to win games+. Buys the right players and employs the right tactics for the Championship+. Has a solid record of getting teams promoted.+. I like him.-. Would never get a job here - wrong image & expensiveFarke is the complete opposite on all counts and has only got the job because he doesn''t create waves and he''s cheap.No brainer

["hogesar"]Keelan, they can score goals and concede few but still be dirty and play long ball. Yesterday being a case in point.

They get stuck and are direct, two aspects of our game that need impoving if we going to get higher up the league table!

Anyway our tippy tappy, sideways, backwards passing all done in slow motion doesn''t work end of!

I''ve said many times before, if we''d of had Tony Pullis in charge in stead of Hughton at the time, we''d of had more seasons in the top flight!

I''d rather have Warnocks effective football rather than Farkes mostly ineffective football that has relied heavily on Maddison to paper over the cracks!

But our tippy tappy sidewards and backwards football created more chances than auto promotion chasing Cardiff yesterday.

Warnock has a much more impressive CV but I''m not sure he''d get the best out of this type of squad.

But we are sh ite in the final 3rd!

If we score the 1st goal like against Villa we gain in confidence, but if Murphys screamer against them would them would of sailed in to the Barclay I seriously doubt we''d of performed so good in the 2nd half!

Warnock wouldn''t sign most of the players we have, he''d know better!

People go on about how wonderful Leitner is but all I see is admittedly a bloke who can knock the ball about well but its all in slow motion, going sideways and backwards!

The bloke who stuck his fingers up at our manager?

The bloke who tried to get a match abandoned by making his players feign injury?

The bloke who is hopelessly inept in the top division and leaves his clubs in a worse position after he left.

Or the coach who has developed quality young players and identified bargain overseas talent?

Warnock was unlucky with Sheffield United in the top flight!

Worrying about surviving in the top flight should only happen when one gets there!

If Farke doesn''t improve he will be lucky to last until Christmas!

Yes, it''s win at all costs for me.

Whatever it takes: cheat, shout & scream, foul, anything, just so long as I win.

(That''s my 5 year old grandson''s approach to games ...)