Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Who was the better Centre Half? Dion Dublin or Chris Sutton?

Sutton was just before my time, didn’t even know he had played CB! But Dion definitely did a decent job there for us didn’t he

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Sutton was just before my time, didn’t even know he had played CB! But Dion definitely did a decent job there for us didn’t he[/quote]
Welcome back...?

More to the point, and with our goal-shy attack in mind, which one of our centre-backs could/could have doubled up as that pair did and made a useful centre forward.

All of Klose and Zimmermann and Hanley appear to have threatened the opposition defences as much as Olly and Watkins have recently.

I go for TK, but he''s no Chris Sutton.

I reckon Dion could still do a job for us...

Slightly different question, who''s the better TV presenter?

I''ve always found the Centre-Forward Centre-Back crossover fairly fascinating.

I was at a game once, Leeds Utd vs Chelsea and Leeds were forced to bring Michael Duberry on as an emergency striker - he frightened the life out of them!

Not as big a curve ball as Stuart Pearce, needing a goal, ignoring £5m Jon Macken and instead deciding to bring on Nicky Weaver so David James could have a run up front!

I suspect Sutton was the better player in both positions. I seem to remember that John Deehan was tidy enough as a makeshift centre half. Not sure if this actually happened or if I’m making it up though..

You''re not making it up. Dixie played some good games for us at centre half. 
Us old codgers will also remember the late great Terry Anderson admirably filling in at centre half when Big Dunc was injured 71/72 season.

Only saw Sutton play at the back a few times do hard to say. Does anybody remember Paul Warhurst? At Sheffield Wednesday at the time they had an injury crisis and switched him upfront for centre back. Scored 12 in 12 and got an England call up. Brilliant player but suffered bad injuries.