Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

£3.5m Academy Fund - who's in?

I don''t know Iwan - did they get a return on the loans - I didn''t think they did? It would have been quite normal if they had done, btw - Southampton''s owner, Liebherr charged 5% on the £60million (from memory) that she loaned the club - investors do it for money, not love!

I will invest if I can from Florida. I love our team and proud to be a supporter and it would be cool to have a brick in my name. I don''t care about the return investment. The club can keep that.

^^^Respect^^^

Keep it positive boys, I really do feel this is a good way for fans to be involved and make a small return.

I keep some rainy day monies in premium bonds thinking of chucking it all in here... After all said and done I''ve had a few rainy days and it''s still there... Earning around 1.5/2% per annum!!!

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user=" Badger"]Iwan, there''s absolutely no chance that they would give a power of veto - a bond is a loan and does not give any ownership rights. I

don''t think that they are begging - they are giving fans the

opportunity to invest. Imagine the fuss if they said they were going to

issue 5% bonds and they were going to hog them all for themselves! I

imagine that they will take up the offer if they don''t sell out to fans.
Loads of companies issue bonds. There

is risk (insolvency), so it is not an investment for everybody, but for

me it is something that I will do unless, I find out something in the

meantime that I don''t like.
[/quote]Of course I understand that Purple, as I''m sure you get tat the point I made was deliberate hyperbole.What I would say, is that if the owners had not issued a plea for investment, but rather just said they were willing to donate the money themselves there would be no need to bring up a 5% roi.After all they have loaned the club millions in the past without getting anything in return haven''t they? [;)]

[/quote]Not everybody who posts in colour is me - although I more often than not find myself agreeing with Badger...

"What I would say, is that if the owners had not issued a plea for investment, but rather just said they were willing to donate the money themselves there would be no need to bring up a 5% roi."By owners I presume you mean all shareholder

[quote user="Sooty"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Interested.But only if those that do invest have a say in how the academy is run, with powers to veto any proposition that they feel isn''t in the best interests of the club. If the owners aren''t prepared to cede that power they need to stop begging for money from the fans like football hobos and dip their hands into their own pockets to fund it. If they''re unable (or unwilling) to do either then they should sell up to someone who is.

[/quote]What a load of clueless shyte !If you are unable (or unwilling) unwilling to understand this you should stop posting on this thead and let others who do continue without your ignorant guff defacing it.If the club borrowed on the open market would the lender have or demand "powers to veto any proposition that they feel isn''t in the best interests". This s the sort of stupidity you would expect a binner to bleat out.As said this is a separate fund raising method. Bondholders can invest as much as they wish, with a low thresh hold as a base. The return is decent. The interest is £50 annually, the benefits amount to £30 annually (or more) and there is a bonus that if we go up there''s a health bonus.It''s not going into some players back pocket, but on something that s tangible and will still be here long after they have gone. We have been able to fund CAT 1 with PL money. At the moment we don''t have PL money, but looking at the players coming through we cannot afford to lose what we have built up.How much is Lewis alone worth ? How much did we get for Jacob ?  There are others as well.For those that can afford it and want to get involved fine. For those who can but don''t wish to or those unable to that''s fine.However for those who see this as another chance to attack the club then my suggestion is that they can far cough ![/quote]

I know your comments are tongue-in-cheek, but if I was to invest in a financial bond for the Academy, the last thing I want is a bunch of people who know nothing about the needs of the Academy having a veto over how my money is invested! Nothing is more likely to scare off serious investors than fan involvement in the decision-making process.

As others have said, I''ve shown my support by renewing the 8th most expensive season ticket while we languish in the bottom half of the 2nd tier.

I''m certainly a sceptic of this scheme, but i wish it and everyone who buys into it every success. If we are in as much financial trouble as is to be believed, then the young players are truly the future of this club.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]As others have said, I''ve shown my support by renewing the 8th most expensive season ticket while we languish in the bottom half of the 2nd tier.

I''m certainly a sceptic of this scheme, but i wish it and everyone who buys into it every success. If we are in as much financial trouble as is to be believed, then the young players are truly the future of this club.[/quote]

There is a difference between "not having as much money as the rich clubs" and "being in financial trouble.The accounts from last year certainly don''t show we are in trouble - we are gradually reducing the wage bill as is required by our championship status and as has been stated we have no debt apart from a working overdraft. The policy is self-sustainability and that is the way forwards and in due course all overly expensive players will be gone from the club, either through transfers or their contracts running out.So why the belief that we are in financial trouble?  There is no evidence for it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user=" Badger"]Iwan, there''s absolutely no chance that they would give a power of veto - a bond is a loan and does not give any ownership rights. I

don''t think that they are begging - they are giving fans the

opportunity to invest. Imagine the fuss if they said they were going to

issue 5% bonds and they were going to hog them all for themselves! I

imagine that they will take up the offer if they don''t sell out to fans.
Loads of companies issue bonds. There

is risk (insolvency), so it is not an investment for everybody, but for

me it is something that I will do unless, I find out something in the

meantime that I don''t like.
[/quote]Of course I understand that Purple, as I''m sure you get tat the point I made was deliberate hyperbole.What I would say, is that if the owners had not issued a plea for investment, but rather just said they were willing to donate the money themselves there would be no need to bring up a 5% roi.After all they have loaned the club millions in the past without getting anything in return haven''t they? [;)]

[/quote]Not everybody who posts in colour is me - although I more often than not find myself agreeing with Badger...[/quote]Image result for humble apologies memeMy point remains valid though.

I don’t believe we are in financial trouble - but if that is the case the owners have made a poor decision to not maintain the infrastructure of the business.

Is this sort of Bond going to be a regular occurrence, or are we actually going to budget for maintaining and developing the new facilities?

Pleased to see so many happy to invest and hope they get the bonus return - certainly would hate to see supporters losing out.

If I do it I''m not particularly doing it for a return - it''s more about doing what''s best for the club to try to prosper. The why''s and wherefore''s are a different thing, as is whether we can each afford it.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]And nobody is a lesser fan if this scheme is not right for them. Let''s just put that idea to bed before it gets raised.[/quote]
Of course Rocky. But to be fair I haven''t seen that suggested. However I have seen it suggested that those who invest are detrimental to the club. So it cuts both ways. And me being me will respond in a tit for tat manner even though the Hairy one tells me two wrongs don''t make a right [:D]

Yeah good call, let''s not pigeon-hole or stereotype any NCFC supporter that doesn''t want to partake in the £3.5m Academy Fund......You''re not a lesser fan for not wishing to partake in this scheme......

We''ll just leave that to the club patsy''s, club apologists and those Delia luvvin'' NCFC board butt kissers......

;-)

RTB - anybody who puts this sort of money into something has to make sure that it is right for them financially, especially as there is risk involved and in the worst-case scenario, they could lose all the money invested + the money that they invest will be "tied up" for 5 years and not available for a "rainy day."

I''ve been invited into a syndicate where friends or family pitch in together in a joint effort. I''ve seen a couple of these on social media too. It''s a great way for people to get involved without having to find £500 which for many is way too steep.

A lot can happen in a season let alone 5 years.......Like if the majority shareholding duo step down and hand over the reins to Neppers Tom......and it all goes Pete Tong.....Relegation, promotion.....Who knows, we can''t predict the future.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''ve been invited into a syndicate where friends or family pitch in together in a joint effort. I''ve seen a couple of these on social media too. It''s a great way for people to get involved without having to find £500 which for many is way too steep.[/quote]I''ve seen that the Forces and Trust are looking at schemes like this. Very good idea, so everyone can get involved if they want[Y]

i will not invest and the Reason is that ( in my opinion ) the shareholders / owners should be able to afford this but are unwilling to fund this themselves

£3.5 million is nothing to put into a football club as a one off i imagine a lot of owners put that in every season if not a lot more

that''s my opinion not trying to put people off and best of luck to those that wish to invest and i hope you get the 25 % bonus !!!

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i will not invest and the Reason is that ( in my opinion ) the shareholders / owners should be able to afford this but are unwilling to fund this themselves

£3.5 million is nothing to put into a football club as a one off i imagine a lot of owners put that in every season if not a lot more

that''s my opinion not trying to put people off and best of luck to those that wish to invest and i hope you get the 25 % bonus !!![/quote]Norfolk, wouldn''t you be annoyed if the owners lent the money to the club and then pocketed the 5% themselves though? that''s what a lot of other "investor owners" do - they lend the money to the club and charge interest on it. At least we are getting the chance to profit with a healthy set of benefits (albeit at some risk to our capital).

I’m now out, but if the club want me to donate toward some safe standing that we’re not actually allowed to have then I’m in

Just a little caveat here, it’s a good time to launch this, before May when the player sales go, so while I believe it’s definitely a win win for both club and fans, it’s not like you’re not getting a return in helping the fundamental structure of our club, but you’re getting money back to do it. The club gates the lump sum to build this new facility without any money’s being taken out of the kitty for five years, meaning no monthly loan repayments at 10%+ which a venture like this would no doubt be charged by a lending agent or bank.

But if they sell Maddison, Oliviera, Klose etc, allow Tettey & Wes to go and then buy cheap, resulting in a very poor start to the season it could backfire big time. It’s a risk for our owners too, in my view.