Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

£3.5m Academy Fund - who's in?

I haven''t looked into this bond thing much, but on the surface it seems ridiculous.

As I understand it it will cost the club £900,000 per year at the expense of a decent striker/player.

So then it seems that they are weakening the squad potential, whilst at the same time banking on promotion.

Who can bank on that in any case?

Then there is the annual Chumps debt which will accumulate

Then they pay the dividends back (with bonuses?)

Why don''t they use that £900, 000 to improve the facilities at the academy gradually, step by step. Need it all be done at once?

I think it''s crackpot.

Somebody who has looked into more than I correct me if necessary.

Broadstairs, I think that the calculation (or bet) is that improving the academy facilities might enable us develop more payers than the one that we forgo to pay for the bond. It may work/ it may not - either way for the club it is quite a small risk as a percentage of turnover.

There''s no gaurantee that they''ll raise the full £3.5m so what happens then?

And doesn''t £3.5m sound an awful lot for what they''re planning.

Should have contacted DIY SOS

"either way for the club it is quite a small risk as a percentage of turnover."

Not when you are making an annual loss of millions Badger.

Banking on promotion is risky.

Banking on producing youngsters is also.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I haven''t looked into this bond thing much, but on the surface it seems ridiculous.

As I understand it it will cost the club £900,000 per year at the expense of a decent striker/player.

So then it seems that they are weakening the squad potential, whilst at the same time banking on promotion.

Who can bank on that in any case?

Then there is the annual Chumps debt which will accumulate

Then they pay the dividends back (with bonuses?)

Why don''t they use that £900, 000 to improve the facilities at the academy gradually, step by step. Need it all be done at once?

I think it''s crackpot.

Somebody who has looked into more than I correct me if necessary.[/quote]You are right on one thing"I haven''t looked into this bond thing much,"Perhaps it might be better to do that first rather than post up ill informed guff, as you have done

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I attack the club with the best part of £900.00 of my dosh a season.....How about you?......[/quote]Without saying to much I go to games ... maybe as what is termed a ''guest''

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]He’s a plastic that doesn’t go to games. Although he does deem it fit to criticise those that do and pay out their money.[/quote]LiarAnd merely paying to enter the ground does not absolve you of criticism either

[quote user="Making Plans"]There''s no gaurantee that they''ll raise the full £3.5m so what happens then?

And doesn''t £3.5m sound an awful lot for what they''re planning.

Should have contacted DIY SOS[/quote]They don''t need toTry reading up first

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"either way for the club it is quite a small risk as a percentage of turnover."

Banking on producing youngsters is also.[/quote]A one off loss due t exceptional circunstancesAnd your last two claims are of your invention rather than any statement from the clubSiill, any stick.......

"Perhaps it might be better to do that first rather than post up ill informed guff, as you have done."

Please inform me fully then you rude perso.

"And your last two claims are of your invention rather than any statement from the club."

Badger''s actually you rude person.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Perhaps it might be better to do that first rather than post up ill informed guff, as you have done."

Please inform me fully then you rude perso.[/quote]All you have to do is read the thread through, plenty of informative posts, buncey''s posts particularly. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"either way for the club it is quite a small risk as a percentage of turnover."

Banking on producing youngsters is also.[/quote]1. We are not making an annual loss of millions.2. Profit or loss makes no difference to the percentage of turnover.I agree banking on promotion is risky. I would want to know why we are incapable of producing youngsters though?

or even read the email sent to you by TifosoyBut then that wouldn''t allow you the privilege of slagging this idea off by claiming not to have read up on it

Mello Yello wrote:

I attack the club with the best part of £900.00 of my dosh a season.....How about you?......

Supermerkel Swizz blagged:

Without saying to much I go to games ... maybe as what is termed a ''guest''

Is that so, a guest?......Does that include lunch, refreshments and a chinwag with the affluent?.....Ooh, Get You!.....

Sounds like a load of bovine bottybobs to me......Unless, that is - you can prove it?......

Agreed.

I won’t be doing it myself because I ha bet got the available funds. A good investment opportunity, that will raise finance for the club. As others have said, risk involved, but the same with every investment.

My on,y worry would be the club finding the cash to repay, and how this will affect the playing budget etc.

Some very good posts explaining the bond, especially buncey and LDC. However, I’d probably ignore all the guff City 1st blurts out.

Having just read a couple of posts with City1st rambling on about going to Carrow Road as a guest on one i am going to call 8ullshite and again say he does not go to home games.No doubt the response will be that i am a liar but i doubt if he will offer up any proof.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 15/03/2018 7:24 PM:

Having just read a couple of posts with City1st rambling on about going to Carrow Road as a guest on one i am going to call 8ullshite and again say he does not go to home games.

No doubt the response will be that i am a liar but i doubt if he will offer up any proof.

😉

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkngood"]Good post Buncey !

if you own a football club you have to find the money if not let someone else invest to me the board are saying they can not afford to run the club

now Delia and Husband are multimillionaire''s maybe on paper maybe invested i do not know but they had a lot of money Repaid to them over the years by the club why are they not reinvesting it back into the club ? for them to keep other investments or their money tied up elsewhere is selfish in my eyes[/quote]I think most of the money Smith and Jones have put into the club has been by way of buying shares, including when one share offer fell short. Back in 2008 the loan outstanding to then was just under 200,000 pounds. They then put an extra 2m into the club because of the financial crisis (Foulger added 600,000 pounds). So the amount paid back to S&M over the last 10 years is only 2.1m pounds. Not a vast amount they could now put back in.But in any event the plan, whether fans like it or not, is for the club to be self-sustaining financially. You don''t achieve that by the owners covering up shortfalls, especially if they would quite soon run out of the money to do that.[/quote]
[Y]
I''m also not too sure how you can refer to Delia and co as ''selfish''.
[/quote]To add a few points. I suspect the great majority of Smith and Jones'' wealth is represented by their stake in Norwich City. Based on what I assume is still the current share price of 100 pounds that comes to around 32m (always supposing someone would pay that much). And they cannot in effect liquidate any of that without losing control of the company.Secondly, they are pledged to put money into the bond, and it would not be out of character (they did it before with that share issue) to help make up a shortfall if the 3.5m figure is not reached (my guess is that the club took soundings before launching the bond to see what high-end demand there might be).Thirdly, as to why, and why now, and why all in one go, one factor could be the regular review (due next year, I think) the academy/Colney has to pass to keep Category 1 status.

"My on,y worry would be the club finding the cash to repay, and how this will affect the playing budget etc."

Agreed, there are already enough pressures on the playing budget, Delia is not going to want to let the investing fans down.

I''m also not too sure how you can refer to Delia and co as ''selfish''.

Well my Reason for that is one they had a lot of money before they came to the club with her books and her husbands Publishing company

Purple mentioned their shares maybe ( a guess ) worth 32 million if someone would pay that

Delia paid nowhere near that for the club so she has made a huge profit ,her family now have a wealth of that if sold ( again approx )

she said she is not going to sell but to hand down to tom this in my eyes is selfish for a so called super fan is this really the best for the club ?

Remember Tom has less money than Delia so what happens next time we need some money ?

if they can not afford it let someone who can invest in the club

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I''m also not too sure how you can refer to Delia and co as ''selfish''.

Well my Reason for that is one they had a lot of money before they came to the club with her books and her husbands Publishing company

Purple mentioned their shares maybe ( a guess ) worth 32 million if someone would pay that

Delia paid nowhere near that for the club so she has made a huge profit ,her family now have a wealth of that if sold ( again approx )

she said she is not going to sell but to hand down to tom this in my eyes is selfish for a so called super fan is this really the best for the club ?

Remember Tom has less money than Delia so what happens next time we need some money ?

if they can not afford it let someone who can invest in the club[/quote]
How does that make them selfish norfolk?
Surely these bonds are attracting investment into the club?

''Thirdly, as to why, and why now, and why all in one go, one factor could be the regular review (due next year, I think) the academy/Colney has to pass to keep Category 1 status.''

That has been my thought all along. Had we have spent the money needed over the past few season there would have been riots as fans would have fallen back on the bricks and mortar v squad argument of yester yore.The forthcoming review is one we have to pass, and so we have to raise the money so work can be commenced. That work will not doubt be on the basis of staged payments, but would then guarantee funding and so pay for itself through tat continued funding.So once again if it is not for you then wind your neck in as it is not your money being ''risked''. Also stop posting up misinfirmation about there being any dependency on achieving promotion or selling players. I have no doubt this has been costed out on the worst case scenario (financially). And I have no doubt players will move to better their career, that is football. That is why Maddison, Lewis, Godfrey and many others are currently at City.But as with so many whingers the old motto of ''by their words ye shall know them'' applies very aptly here.

We have had millions over the last few years nutty more money incoming than ever they have wasted it through mismanagement

the training ground needed work when Mcnally was here

by investment i mean Delia selling up not small investments

if Delia can not afford to grow this club then we need someone who can

Taken nothing out and apparently not putting anything in after having their loans repaid......

What''s next?......

i agree it has grown but i believe it has now out grown Delia and i think it is in fear of going backwards

like i said before anyone who invests i wish them all the best

Next could be a repeat of 2009 to 2015. If it is it will once again be in spite of the squealing and stamping on here.....