Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

£3.5m Academy Fund - who's in?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Everyone had the same chance. Too late to play hard done by now.

The community dug deep in support of their community club.

Viva the community.[/quote]

Nonsense.

The community is all those Joseph Bloggses that didn''t stand a chance.

Did you miss out then Norfolk?

I received no email first. I followed the link and pre-registered. Then I invested my monkey which was all I could afford. Got my confirmation congratulations email today.

Perhaps if you''d done the same you''d be in too. After all you don''t get much more ordinary than a bog cleaner.

It''s a way of raising funds and has raised what was needed so I can''t see it anything other than a success from that point. Whilst there is what I''d consider a fairly limited risk, the returns are more than enough to have attracted investors with a fair bit to invest - rates elsewhere are dreadful after all.

I missed out, been a bit too busy and was going to do it today, but am happy enough either way.

I''ve no idea how much Delia and the Board put in to this and in fact I dont care. To be honest £5million is a pretty small fund and its not going to take that many investors with a few bob to buy it up. Corporate investors have been mentioned here, I''m not sure this is big enough for that, and what would they do with their 3%😉

Right that''s the NCFC Academy sorted......Can we now have a whip-round for improvements to the City/Geoffrey Watling Stand Lounges and especially their toilets?......Priorities.....priorities!....

[quote user="ron obvious"]I wonder if they might do this again for future investment? Is there anything to stop them?[/quote]I would think that this bond was based on monies being  directly accumulated based on it''s investment ie 35m is spent on upgrading the facilities at Colney, and we continue with Cat 1 grants. so money is taken from that each year to meet final repayment.That would be why there was ''corporate'' investment as the return was pretty much guaranteed.There would therefore need to be an area when we could offer the same level of ''guarantee. That''s pretty much why the club has not borrowed millions to redevelop the Main Stand. Fag packet calculations would give a rough loss of £2m each of the last two seasons - assuming we could have done the work over night.I think we should regard this as a one off success that had clearly defined aims and returns etc and not get dragged down a road that suggests this is a ''magic cure all''.

Brush

''and we continue with Cat 1 grants. so money is taken from that each year to meet final repayment.''

Was that mentioned in the particulars?

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 27/03/2018 7:25 PM:

Molly Yollo......Yup!

😄

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Did you miss out then Norfolk?

I received no email first. I followed the link and pre-registered. Then I invested my monkey which was all I could afford. Got my confirmation congratulations email today.

Perhaps if you''d done the same you''d be in too. After all you don''t get much more ordinary than a bog cleaner.[/quote]Tifosy sent out an email on Friday to the pre-registered saying demand was very high and urging fans to invest as quickly as possible. In retrospect the email, which might have looked like a bit of exaggerated PR spin, should probably have been more specific, warning that the 5m target might very well be reached reached before the end of the priority period and that the pre-registered should not assume that being so would assure them of a chance to invest.

Obviously i didnt get that email Purple. I didnt hang about because it was something i wanted to do and I had no doubts that the community would step up. I don''t think pre-registering guaranteed anything. It''s a shame that some people missed out. But there''s not a lot can be done. It''s not like they could go for an increase to 10m because they would be saddled with too much in interest and repayments.

Did you miss out then Norfolk? I received no email first. I followed the link and pre-registered. Then I invested my monkey which was all I could afford. Got my confirmation congratulations email today. Perhaps if you''d done the same you''d be in too. After all you don''t get much more ordinary than a bog cleaner.

No Nutty i didn''t invest i was just thinking that if we have 20k season ticket holder 700 investors is very small percentage i was just hoping that out of that 20,000 season ticket holders some were not pushed out by bigger investors that do not support the club and are just doing it as a money making exercise

Well i can only speak for me Norfolk and I wasn''t pushed out.

Maybe the ones who let the grass grow under their feet took too much notice of the negative comments made on the early pages of this thread. Moral of the story - don''t listen to negative nancies.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Right that''s the NCFC Academy sorted......Can we now have a whip-round for improvements to the City/Geoffrey Watling Stand Lounges and especially their toilets?......Priorities.....priorities!....[/quote]Most of the old boys in there must have seen 21three times over so it might as well be called the Prostate Stand.Are there any handy Tena Men dispensers in the bogs for those embarrassing little dribbles ? Could be money well spent...

The structure of the return very much favours supporters. 3% is paid in credit for NCFC products. The benefits are also limited, hospitality for two once a season, not a great incentive for the corporate investor, much more attractive to a true supporter.

So a bit of a win win for the club. Either the supporters have taken up the investment even at higher values, or corporate investors have come in satisfied at 5%. The club will then save the 3% credit which I anticipate a large investor will not take up.

Overall this is looking a successful initiative. The credit for which needs to go to nephew Tom according to the video interviews released prior to launch.

Happy to be an investor.

OTBC

Just read the pinkun article about the bond closing. What happened here? I had pre registered a few days ago and was waitin for this to open tomorrow. Had quite a nice sum I was hoping to invest.

I assumed it was corporate investers but have just read through the recent pages on this thread to see some posters managed To invest. Guess I should have been keeping a closer eye on this.

I think it''s a great investment opportunity if you don''t mind having your money tied up for a fairly substantial amount of time. The 25% bonus puts a nice bit of fun on it too. Good luck to all those. I do wonder if we will see more of these on the future.

Wonder how much of the £5m will go to the academy and whether any will be put into amother bond scheme by the club to help with the interest payments out to bond holders.

If you look back on this thread, you will see I also pre-registered, but it was only following this thread that I realized that they were available. Once I''d been given the link, I invested 

I pre-registered on Monday 19th March and received an email confirmation.

On Wednesday 21st March I received two emails, one from Tifosy and a second one from NCFC telling me that priority investment was now open. Both emails contained a link with access to the priority page.

I invested on the 21st.

There was a further email, more of a blog post, of Friday 23rd March that mentioned the high take-up.

"On Wednesday, the Canaries Bond opened to everyone who had pre-registered before the deadline, and the response has been staggering, with hundreds having invested already. In fact, if you''re planning to invest we would suggest not waiting too long!"

Bearing in mind some people have missed out on this any other opportunities to get involved will probably be taken up quite quickly I would think

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 28/03/2018 8:51 AM:

Bearing in mind some people have missed out on this any other opportunities to get involved will probably be taken up quite quickly I would think

Interesting to think of the next venture, the advantage of this scheme for most I would imagine was that you are investing in something which is going to help develop and improve the Academy and hence you would hope impact on the playing side of the game. This links in with the 25% bonus for promotion.

Other schemes, maybe for ground improvements, might not seem so attractive to the yellow and green pound. On the other hand of course it can be argued that improvements to the ground directly benefit the supporters.

Good luck to all the "little" people who bought in.

I dillied and dallied and didn''t imagine for one minute it would go so well and missed out. But I only have myself to blame. But I haven''t lost much by it and the club has succeeded in reaching its objective.

I think it’s a disgrace.

The normal fan that wanted investment - big investment by rich people - has now been denied the opportunity that they didn’t want to invest.

Now, the normal fan that hankers for super rich investment has had their opportunity to make a few quid off the club usurped by people that are richer than them.

Even though they didn’t want to. After all, we have the eighth most expensive cheapest season tickets in the land.

And that is enough for anyone to put in. Until other people put in and took advantage of a deal that we didn’t want.

I was outraged when the club pleaded poverty and had the brass neck to ask the fans for money when they never accept investment from outside sources. I’m now doubly outraged that there might be outside investment preventing me from investing in something I had no interest in investing in and was hoping fell flat on its arse so I could revel in the obvious impending doom of the club.

Typically, our inept well-meaning amateurs have denied me that chance. Instead, favouring the type of investment that we all know they clearly don’t entertain.

If ever we needed NCISA.

Fulham tomorrow at 15.00.......Normal fans, take your brollies and wear your anoraks......It looks like rain......