Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

£3.5m Academy Fund - who's in?

@Ginja

You''re probably right but as far as I know there is no confirmation that they have invested into the scheme. They said they were going to and I don''t doubt they have done but as we don''t know how much it is difficult to say that it has been ''dispelled.''

The average investment is £6802, which suggests most of the investors aren''t your average punter, or it''s being heavily skewed by some huge investors.

Best thing to happen since we were allowed by the board a vote on whether green or yellow shorts with the home kit......super..... 

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]The average investment is £6802, which suggests most of the investors aren''t your average punter, or it''s being heavily skewed by some huge investors.[/quote]There are several big corporate investors involve plus the board''s chunk, the average fan is putting in about £1000-2000 at most not £6000-7000I would say 3.5 - 4 million of the investment is the board/corporates with the remaining amount made up by the fans.

The 5-year fixed-term Bond has a target raise of £3,500,000, and a maximum of £5,000,000.So, I take it the full £5,000,000 has been raised. Well done to all. 

I never heard anything back after pre registering my interest, so who are the fans that actually got to invest and why didn''t I?

Good news that they can now go ahead with their academy plans and I hope that the small investor gets his or hers money back (like Delia) in the future... also hope to see good new talent in the 1st team.

Fair play to everybody that invested.

I just hope that the club meets its on-field targets so we can actually afford to pay the investors back - I dread to think where it will leave us if we cant?

Completely agree that there must have been some big investments made. I can confirm that 734 people invested £4,999,000!

As for those asking about the exclusive period, I received an email once pre-registered and then two further emails saying the exclusive period was about to start.

Also, if my fag packet maths are correct...

700 investors, £5million raised - thats an average of over £7000 per investment? Fair play to those people!

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Icecream Snow"]The average investment is £6802, which suggests most of the investors aren''t your average punter, or it''s being heavily skewed by some huge investors.[/quote]There are several big corporate investors involve plus the board''s chunk, the average fan is putting in about £1000-2000 at most not £6000-7000I would say 3.5 - 4 million of the investment is the board/corporates with the remaining amount made up by the fans.[/quote]

Presumably as its a private investment, we''ll never know who invested, but it certainly looks as though some sizeable investments have been made by individuals, given ''only'' 735 individuals have invested.

''''we will be announcing further ways in which our great fans can lend their support to our Academy in the near future.''''Wouldn''t be surprised if it was a lower stakes subscription of sorts.

[quote user="Woodman"]Presumably as its a private investment, we''ll never know who invested, but it certainly looks as though some sizeable investments have been made by individuals, given ''only'' 735 individuals have invested.[/quote]It is unlikely we''ll ever know, I''ve speculated given the way the bond was worded, the minimum amount set was actually £2m so I think the board probably had that amount or close to it between themselves, then I figure given most fans will invest the minimum or a bit above that so £1m comes from us and the remaining £2m is made up of corporate investment.

Looks like theres a waiting list been created

"Dear Canaries Bond Investor,

As you might already have seen, Norwich City was delighted to announce the close of the Canaries Bond, which reached its maximum threshold of £5m this morning. The Club was delighted with the supporter response to the Bond and the speed with which the raise was completed. Congratulations to you for making your investment in time!

At this stage, you have technically made an Application for Canaries Bonds. The Club will now go through a process of allocating Bonds to Applicants, allowing for a statutory cooling-off of 14 days. This email will explain the process which the Club and Tifosy will follow to complete the issue of the Bond.

Step 1. Cooling-off period of 14 days allowed to expire on all investments

Step 2. Cancelled applications (if any) to be replaced by applicants on waiting list

Step 3. Regulatory checks on all applicants to be completed

Step 4. Final allocation of bonds completed

Step 5. Bond certificates to be prepared and issued

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Looks like the club won’t need your money Vince[/quote]

I smell a rat.

It is obvious that the bond has been gobbled up by a select group of people, who are keeping their identity a secret.

I wonder who these people might be and why they would want to conceal their identity, but at the same time give the bond an air of respectability by way of a public offer?

The truth of the matter is that it was a stitch-up in advance where Joseph Bloggs didn''t stand a chance.

Now we know why the Board didn''t want to say in advance how much they were going to contribute.

Well, didn''t take long for the conspiracy theorists to get started. I blame David Icke.

Great news for the club.

Two comments:

1. On the number of investors/money raised; a rule of thumb is called the pareto principle (which applies to many walks of life). Broadly, roughly 80% of the money would have been raised by roughly 20% of the investors.

2. A thanks to Van Wink on the waiting list. The information wasn''t explicit on what would happen if the bond was over-subscribed. Looks like first-come-first-serve. Bear in mind all that the club does have the ultimate right to reject your application (if something is wrong in your application for example).

Thanks to all who put money in!

Richardo i would have thought it would have been nice as they asked the Fans to help the club out and invest to let all the fans that wanted to invest to do so then let the faceless big companies invest

i understand that they needed the money and most fans would not put in the same as a large company so they needed the big hitters but not at the expense of a fan if that so is the case ( just guessing )

be interesting to know what Delia put in and is she going to get the 5 % a year and give it to charity or club as she has given the club interest free loans before

Everyone had the same chance. Too late to play hard done by now.

The community dug deep in support of their community club.

Viva the community.

As has been said, you don''t need many big hitters to get the percentage of smaller investors down, but I wouldn''t be surprised if there are quite alot of older fans who may have more savings put away in a Building Society getting around 1% who see this as a good way of putting some of that to good use and get a better return too.

if everyone had a fair chance that is wonderful if some fans were pushed out by large companies investment i would think that is unfair

but it is done now time to invest it wisely get a really good state of the art building and what ever is needed at colney