Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

£3.5m Academy Fund - who's in?

Having listened to Webber''s interview and had a read of the investment literature I''m going to have a punt - I appreciate there is an element of risk but the return of 5% is decent.

Just wondered how many other posters on here will be investing - just a yes or no will do.

Thinking about it. I would be interested to know if the 3% club credit can be used against your season ticket or whether it will be a voucher for the club shop

If I had £500 ''spare'' right now or if there was a lower minimum option then yes I would do it!

Personally I think its a great idea. If my circumstances change then I will happily invest £500.

It’s not a great idea, it’s really desperation to get some investment without diluting their shareholding.

It’s a reasonable investment opportunity if you are prepared to take the risk. I doubt they will be in a position to repay the monies though if we don’t go up in the next 5 years.

I''m tempted to get involved as an investment opportunity. I''ve often thought about the Brew Dog bonds that get advertised, but I''m always too cautious and end up giving it a miss. This being NCFC, something that is closer to me than a Scottish brewery, I think I''ll make a modest investment.

Looks interesting as an investment and you lose nothing by pre registering and getting further information, which is what I have just done.

The returns are far higher than elsewhere, and I expect the return is also far lower than the club having to take up a commercial loan. There may also be something about it not being on the books as a ''debt''.I''m not sure why you have to pre-register rather than just register as previous - perhaps I shall pre-order a coffee  at the station having just pre-booked a ticket

It looks like I will be in, but on the bad side I''ve made a BIG decision I''m giving up our season tickets !  It turns out it''s not value for me and my daughter, as I miss most midweek games and sometimes don''t bother when it''s on the tele. Sorry to the club.

It’s not financially that great unless you invest thousands of pounds, but it’ll help the club as such I’ve decided it’s a yes from me.

Just be chatting it over with Mrs KG and she was talking big style investment.

I am going to put some in but would like to garner the opinion of the money experts on this forum.

And does anyone know what the 3% club credit is?

I''m certainly going to look into this further, as I''m intrigued to learn how the 3% club credit can be used.

I''m more interested in the 25% promotion payout... Yes that''s not guaranteed, but then again what does it really mean. Do we have to be Premier League at the 5 year stage or can we go up and down and still qualify for the 25%???

With regards to 5% we achieve that with our current bonds, nothing too big there.

The 25% bit intrigues me and what it''s really worth.

Sorry it''s more than a yes/no but believe the topic deserves more than that.

I think it depends on how much you’re investing, the casual fan will do £500 I expect, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t going to be a life changing return, but if you’re thinking of investing say £250k then of course Dorset you need to take time to go through this with a financial advisor.

I’ve just tied a lump sum of my company profits into a five year bank investment which has no risk with decent return but my capital is tied in for 5 years.

I don’t think I’d be risking too much looking at the risk reward of this scheme.

Exactly VW, all of these things need to be looked into.

Most profit on share dividends are taxable but our pension investment bonds aren''t and they return circa 5% year in year out.

It won''t be tax free VW (and I doubt you''ll be able to put it in an ISA) but you can offset it against your savings allowance.

Everyone has a personal savings allowance (PSA), this is £1,000 for a basic-rate tax payer of £500 for a higher-rate tax payer.

My very limited understanding is that since this bond will only pay out once after 5-years the full amount of interest will be applicable to your 2023 PSA (and by then the PSA could be totally different).

Should you invest £500 in a bond you''d be looking at interest of £138 after the 5-years (assuming it does pay 5%), so depending on your circumstances and other interest payments it could be all or part taxable.

My understanding is that a bonus of 255 will be paid if we are promoted to the PL in any season during 5 yearsI would expect the club to redeem the investment after 5 years - your money is returnedThe annual interest is a gross amount and that will be subject to your own personal tax standing3% can be used at club shop, and other ''sales'' outlets'' There is further info/clarification once you register - they send you a link to your email and you go from therethe extra benefits look good however they are at six different levelsstarting at a wave from Delia to a gold plated seat in the directors box with champagne and caviar sandwicheshave look ... register

Further to that I would suggest that this is more ''hobby'' than being part of anyones saving or investment plans.The return is fair but does tie your money up for 5 yearsAnd it is not about ''putting your money where your mouth is'' as many fans are in a different stage in their life and so are unable to commit this level of money....over this amount of time either.It''s not cap in hand from the club either, merely what those who imagine they have come up with something new refer to as ''crowd funding''How much it raise we shall have to see, but it will be the big investors will make the difference - but it certainly allows supporters to become involved at a lower level.