Sign in to follow this  
The gut

Happy to lose?

Anyone happy for us to get beat by Preston today?

Out of all the teams in contention of play off places I would much rather Preston was one of them.

In fact I’d be happy to see Alex take his team to the prem ahead of any of the teams in with a chance.

Finishing above the paupers of poorman road is of greater importance

The ''Tinkerman'' infuriated me at times, especially last season, but it''s good to see him doing well against the odds at PNE.

If one were to put a finger on the reason he eventually failed at Carrow Road it would have to be connected with the so-called ''old guard,'' amongst a few other things of course. It seems Webber quickly identified this and hence the clear out. It (the existing squad) was, expensive, ineffective and it probably exploited Alex''s inexperience to certain extent.

An expensive time for NCFC in many ways.

Anyhow, old ground, so good luck AN.

One is left wondering where we would have finished this season if we had retained his services.

Not much better than this season, imo, with many of the senior players making sure that it was the same old half-hearted business as usual.

We certainly needed that clear out, that''s for sure.

Time will tell whether we needed such a complete revolution.

P.S. I hope we win today and retain our supremacy in East Anglia ... know what I mean?

"If one were to put a finger on the reason he eventually failed at Carrow

Road it would have to be connected with the so-called ''old guard,''

amongst a few other things of course. It seems Webber quickly identified

this and hence the clear out. It (the existing squad) was, expensive,

ineffective and it probably exploited Alex''s inexperience to a certain

extent."

Can''t forgive signing of Naismith after long pursuit a mistake we are still paying for. Jarvis another self inflicted error. Got punch drunk with millions City endowed him with better suited to smaller club. See another PL meltdown if he wins play offs, cannot fault his record there.

Like to finish above Ipswich hope they win today hate Villa even more than our sad neighbours.

I think Maddison covers that, plus beating the farmhands in the playoffs, the day at Wembleyand if AN pips Derby to a playoff place that will add to his tally of good deedsglad it is still open as far as that two places are still up for grabs

No way - of the sides in with a shout of getting to the play-offs it would be Brentford for me - they have an ok run-in and could be a point off 6th with 2 to play after today. Besides, I''ve never ever wanted or been happy for us to lose and don''t intend on starting today!

"Happy to lose?" Do me a favour.  We are a developing team and these last few games of the season are part of that development. Stuff Preston - if they are good enough, good for them - and AN - but happy to lose....you must be joking.

I would never be happy to lose, but would not be unhappy to see AN reach the play-offs. Like the chap and respect what he did in his first season with us, just a shame he didn''t stick to his guns after the Newcastle debacle and then again when he didn''t have a clearout when it needed to happen the most.

Today, however, we should be trying to finish the season as strongly as possible. If they out-play as and win, then fair dues.

[quote user="Bigears"]"If one were to put a finger on the reason he eventually failed at Carrow

Road it would have to be connected with the so-called ''old guard,''

amongst a few other things of course. It seems Webber quickly identified

this and hence the clear out. It (the existing squad) was, expensive,

ineffective and it probably exploited Alex''s inexperience to a certain

extent."[/quote]He should have given the youngsters a chance, especially Maddison, and slit his own throat by packing him off to Aberdeen.

Millwall in the premier league would be the funniest thing in decades. Police forces up and down England would be pooping themselves.