Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

City must turn down ALL offers for Maddison

He''s happy here and has a long contract. Offer him a huge bonus if we are promoted and then build the team around him. Let''s face it, £25m now or the riches of the Premier League? No contest. I''m aware we have a large black hole to fill but that can be achieved by selling others (Klose, Murphy, Pinto, Watkins, Oliveira, Wildschut, husband, etc) and offering settlements in staged payments to high earners (Martin, Naismith, Jarvis, etc) to get them off the books. The set-up we have now already have a proven success rate with recruitment with players such as Gunn, Read, Vrancic, Hernandez, Hanley, Leitner, Zimmerman and Trybull, so I trust them to fill in the spaces particularly in the striking department.Let''s face it, City have been the better team in most of our games this season, it''s just the failure to find the net that has held us back. With a couple of decent strikers added in the summer and the youngsters coming through, I am confident we can go all the way next season. But that does mean WITH James Maddison.The lad is an exceptional talent which is why so many top Prem teams want him, but another season with us knowing he''ll be the first name on the team sheet hopefully in a successful side can be just as appealing to him as being a bit-part player at a bigger club. Webber and Co. must put up the ''NOT FOR SALE'' signs knowing another successful season with us and his price will soar.And if it fails?Maddison will still be worth £25m in January.

Agree.By keeping him and getting in a decent forward we stand a chance of going up but sell him and we can forget it.

A bit tongue in cheek from Lapps I would suggest. No way will we turn down £25m. The players listed may go as well if we get decent offers.Madders has gone off the boil a little bit in recent weeks suggesting his mind my already be elsewhere.

i think we owe it to him not to stand in his way after the season he has had

a move to a top six side would set him up for life overnight

wages would be 3,4,5 times what he could earn here

no way he will turn down a chance like that players say they are happy all the time he is very unlikely to say i can not wait to leave

Maddison will leave in the summer and I wish him all the best. His replacement will have big boots to fill.

There is no chance of him being here next season. He will want to move on for a higher salary and a chance to prove himself at a higher leve. We will be desperate to sell him to cash in on a payday.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i think we owe it to him not to stand in his way after the season he has had

a move to a top six side would set him up for life overnight

wages would be 3,4,5 times what he could earn here

no way he will turn down a chance like that players say they are happy all the time he is very unlikely to say i can not wait to leave[/quote]Exactly this ^^Thanks James Maddison for an excellent season.  He has been a revelation and we should wish him all the best for his future and take pride in the fact that we have contributed to his development.  If he can stay fit and continue his development at a higher level, I think he will be able to compete on the world stage and I look forward to following his progress. 

[quote user="lappinitup"]He''s happy here and has a long contract. Offer him a huge bonus if we are promoted and then build the team around him. Let''s face it, £25m now or the riches of the Premier League? No contest. I''m aware we have a large black hole to fill but that can be achieved by selling others (Klose, Murphy, Pinto, Watkins, Oliveira, Wildschut, husband, etc) and offering settlements in staged payments to high earners (Martin, Naismith, Jarvis, etc) to get them off the books. The set-up we have now already have a proven success rate with recruitment with players such as Gunn, Read, Vrancic, Hernandez, Hanley, Leitner, Zimmerman and Trybull, so I trust them to fill in the spaces particularly in the striking department.Let''s face it, City have been the better team in most of our games this season, it''s just the failure to find the net that has held us back. With a couple of decent strikers added in the summer and the youngsters coming through, I am confident we can go all the way next season. But that does mean WITH James Maddison.The lad is an exceptional talent which is why so many top Prem teams want him, but another season with us knowing he''ll be the first name on the team sheet hopefully in a successful side can be just as appealing to him as being a bit-part player at a bigger club. Webber and Co. must put up the ''NOT FOR SALE'' signs knowing another successful season with us and his price will soar.And if it fails?Maddison will still be worth £25m in January.[/quote]

Lol.

"i think we owe it to him not to stand in his way after the season he has had ....."

Yes, of course, but he signed a contract binding himself to NCFC for the next few years.

Maddison seems to think very carefully about his future development, more than most. He doesn''t seem to just chase the glory and the bucks. The article about him in the News item of this Board confirms the case.

He chose Norwich City over the likes of Liverpool when many would not have done and his reasons for doing so have proven to be sound.

It seems to me that he will weigh up with all due measure the pros and cons of either being a bench warmer behind an array of international stars for a top six club or plumbing for a lesser PL team that might well involve him in a relegation battle with a possibility of a return to the Championship post haste.

Then again, he does seem to have maximum faith in his own ability and might therefore envisage breaking the ranks of the top six.

A safe, non top six club might suit him and I suppose the ideal type candidate at the moment would be an Everton or even a Leicester.

I certainly do not accept that his decision regarding NCFC is 100% clear cut at this moment in time. Norwich''s decision to sell and therefore cash in might be more so.

[quote user="yoda"]Agree.By keeping him and getting in a decent forward we stand a chance of going up but sell him and we can forget it.[/quote]

Absolutely. Does not seem the sort of lad to cause trouble if he is not sold... Will show a complete lack of ambition f sold in the summer

As a fan, I completely agree with you. It''s not my money and we don''t know what''s going on behind the scenes though.

As far as i''m concerned, Madders is on a long contract so keeping him here for one more good go at promotion will do us no harm as he''d likely fetch the same amount next summer anyway.

With him being a key component of this “pathetic” (another thread) team that can’t muster a shot on target against Preston, shouldn’t we be looking to offload him?

xymox wrote the following post at 21/04/2018 9:55 PM:

I will drive him to Manchester or London if we get 25 million.

He’d probably just slum it in his 80k Range Rover. But it’s nice of you to offer.

Good point but the offer is still open but I won’t drive to Brighton, Huddersfield, Leicester or parts of Liverpool. So he may need the Range Rover.

Surely our biggest concern is that we will lose the footballing genius of Webber. Other clubs must have football experts who can see his plans are sure to come to fruition next season, and will want to poach him and adopt his philosophy.

Why wait another 2 transfer windows?

Maddison seems like a pretty well grounded man, I think if a big club comes calling with anything over £20mil we will sell for sure. The best outcome would be that we have him on loan for another season. He says that he likes Norwich and is fully aware that this is his first season at this level, so I think he would also be open to that. However, if a big club can offer him game time then I think he would stay there. I also believe he''s a huge talent and could have the ability to step up his game a few more levels. Either way, he''s been a class act for us since we''ve had him and if we could get a good replacement (someone like Bradley Dack of Blackburn) and use the rest of the money for a new No.9, and more. We could end up with a better overall squad instead of having to rely on one star.