Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

The “race” with the binners

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Oh don’t get me wrong, I love seeing the scum suffer and want to beat them every game and finish above them. However, the fact that we’re just marginally better than such a sh1thouse club shows the level of expectation has drastically reduced and there’s almost an acceptance of mediocrity.[/quote]
Hoola, where has this acceptance taken place?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It’s really strange how you get comfort laughing at Ipswich when we’re equally as poor.[/quote]Talk about ridiculous comments.  Ipswich are the very opposite of us when it comes down to it.  Deeply in the proverbial financially, no assets to speak of, either on the pitch or off it.  The only similarity there is, is the league position and there the similarities end.  We have a great stadium, great community side of the club, a great fanbase, a forward looking coaching set up and some very good players, a club with no debt other than a working overdraft, able to attract top class loan players as well as very talented youngsters. On the pitch we have an ethos that is setting out the way forwards - a systematic development over the next few years based on a tried and tested German philosophy from one of the best clubs in Europe.  I can''t imagine any real Norwich supporter who thinks that as a club we are as poor as Ipswich. 

[/quote]

To be fair LDC, despite you constantly being on the wind up, I have to admire the persistence and effort you put in to your posts. You must sit back and laugh at the thought of people actually thinking you might be serious![/quote]

Enough people on here have met me in person to know that I am not and never have been on a wind up.  Where ever I''ve lived, worked and whatever has happened good or bad, the one constant in my life has been NCFC.  It is in the blood, through family and upbringing and a constant interest through visits to Norwich and away matches over the forty years since I left Norwich to pursue a career. You wouldn''t understand, you don''t care enough to understand. 

[/quote]

For heavens sake, now what are blabbering on about?![/quote]

Like I said, you wouldn''t understand.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It’s really strange how you get comfort laughing at Ipswich when we’re equally as poor.[/quote]Talk about ridiculous comments.  Ipswich are the very opposite of us when it comes down to it.  Deeply in the proverbial financially, no assets to speak of, either on the pitch or off it.  The only similarity there is, is the league position and there the similarities end.  We have a great stadium, great community side of the club, a great fanbase, a forward looking coaching set up and some very good players, a club with no debt other than a working overdraft, able to attract top class loan players as well as very talented youngsters. On the pitch we have an ethos that is setting out the way forwards - a systematic development over the next few years based on a tried and tested German philosophy from one of the best clubs in Europe.  I can''t imagine any real Norwich supporter who thinks that as a club we are as poor as Ipswich. 

[/quote]

To be fair LDC, despite you constantly being on the wind up, I have to admire the persistence and effort you put in to your posts. You must sit back and laugh at the thought of people actually thinking you might be serious![/quote]

Enough people on here have met me in person to know that I am not and never have been on a wind up.  Where ever I''ve lived, worked and whatever has happened good or bad, the one constant in my life has been NCFC.  It is in the blood, through family and upbringing and a constant interest through visits to Norwich and away matches over the forty years since I left Norwich to pursue a career. You wouldn''t understand, you don''t care enough to understand. 

[/quote]

For heavens sake, now what are blabbering on about?![/quote]

Like I said, you wouldn''t understand.

[/quote]

No I understand, I just don’t gey why your writing an essay justifying your support for Norwich when nobody asked? And in such a dramatic way too! Nearly brought a tear to my eye....

I believe there has been an acceptance by some Norwich fans that we’re now just a mid table Champ side and we should be thankful for the way the club is being run. Nothing wrong with that as such, it’s up to own personal prerogatives.

[quote user="lincoln canary "][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It’s really strange how you get comfort laughing at Ipswich when we’re equally as poor.[/quote]Talk about ridiculous comments.  Ipswich are the very opposite of us when it comes down to it.  Deeply in the proverbial financially, no assets to speak of, either on the pitch or off it.  The only similarity there is, is the league position and there the similarities end.  We have a great stadium, great community side of the club, a great fanbase, a forward looking coaching set up and some very good players, a club with no debt other than a working overdraft, able to attract top class loan players as well as very talented youngsters. On the pitch we have an ethos that is setting out the way forwards - a systematic development over the next few years based on a tried and tested German philosophy from one of the best clubs in Europe.  I can''t imagine any real Norwich supporter who thinks that as a club we are as poor as Ipswich.  [/quote]

To be fair LDC, despite you constantly being on the wind up, I have to admire the persistence and effort you put in to your posts. You must sit back and laugh at the thought of people actually thinking you might be serious![/quote]Enough people on here have met me in person to know that I am not and never have been on a wind up.  Where ever I''ve lived, worked and whatever has happened good or bad, the one constant in my life has been NCFC.  It is in the blood, through family and upbringing and a constant interest through visits to Norwich and away matches over the forty years since I left Norwich to pursue a career. You wouldn''t understand, you don''t care enough to understand.  [/quote]

For heavens sake, now what are blabbering on about?![/quote]Like I said, you wouldn''t understand. [/quote]

No I understand, I just don’t gey why your writing an essay justifying your support for Norwich when nobody asked? And in such a dramatic way too! Nearly brought a tear to my eye....[/quote]I see you have a short memory, perhaps the essay, or in reality a paragraph,  was brought on by your accusation of me "constantly being on the wind up".  You make accusations, you get a reply. Even you should be able to understand that.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I believe there has been an acceptance by some Norwich fans that we’re now just a mid table Champ side and we should be thankful for the way the club is being run. Nothing wrong with that as such, it’s up to own personal prerogatives.[/quote]
I don''t see anything but an acceptance from any Norwich fans. Name me one fan who hasn''t accepted where we are and what they are doing about it?

The important thing is the direction of travel. We are building a team and a structure for the future and this is probably our lowest point but everything is coming together. I am really excited about next season.

On the other hand Ipswich are in terminal decline and one can only see their direction of travel as downwards,

Cards on the table...
Who''d feckin love it Kevin Keegan style if the binners finished above us and they could moan about that too.
Be honest now....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary "][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]It’s really strange how you get comfort laughing at Ipswich when we’re equally as poor.[/quote]Talk about ridiculous comments.  Ipswich are the very opposite of us when it comes down to it.  Deeply in the proverbial financially, no assets to speak of, either on the pitch or off it.  The only similarity there is, is the league position and there the similarities end.  We have a great stadium, great community side of the club, a great fanbase, a forward looking coaching set up and some very good players, a club with no debt other than a working overdraft, able to attract top class loan players as well as very talented youngsters. On the pitch we have an ethos that is setting out the way forwards - a systematic development over the next few years based on a tried and tested German philosophy from one of the best clubs in Europe.  I can''t imagine any real Norwich supporter who thinks that as a club we are as poor as Ipswich.  [/quote]

To be fair LDC, despite you constantly being on the wind up, I have to admire the persistence and effort you put in to your posts. You must sit back and laugh at the thought of people actually thinking you might be serious![/quote]Enough people on here have met me in person to know that I am not and never have been on a wind up.  Where ever I''ve lived, worked and whatever has happened good or bad, the one constant in my life has been NCFC.  It is in the blood, through family and upbringing and a constant interest through visits to Norwich and away matches over the forty years since I left Norwich to pursue a career. You wouldn''t understand, you don''t care enough to understand.  [/quote]

For heavens sake, now what are blabbering on about?![/quote]Like I said, you wouldn''t understand. [/quote]

No I understand, I just don’t gey why your writing an essay justifying your support for Norwich when nobody asked? And in such a dramatic way too! Nearly brought a tear to my eye....[/quote]I see you have a short memory, perhaps the essay, or in reality a paragraph,  was brought on by your accusation of me "constantly being on the wind up".  You make accusations, you get a reply. Even you should be able to understand that. [/quote]

I didn’t say you weren’t a City fan, or suggest your were an inferior one at that. Therefore your justification of how much of a fan you are is completely irrelevant and out of context.

You’re on the wind up. You post ridiculously over the top positive drivel knowing it’s controversial. You don’t believe half of it, but enjoy the controversy. Doesn’t mean your not a City fan.

"You post ridiculously over the top negative drivel knowing it’s

controversial. You don’t believe half of it, but enjoy the controversy."Oh Lincoln.

Well I have not accepted that we are a mid table Championship side (certainly not after one season of transition). I might do after 16 consecutive seasons of mid table obscurity. Did I have a chuckle at Ippo getting gubbed by Villa, a team managed by an ex Norwich legend with two ex Norwich players on the scoresheet and all on the anniversary of us defeating them 5-1, off course I did....why wouldn''t I?.........

[quote user="Bigears"]Has Lakey found a new ''Morty'' (Lincoln) ?[/quote]No. Lincoln is but a minor irritation compared to any jumped up self-appointed forum lord over all type keyboard warrior.

It''s the constant negativity that gets on people''s tits. If on occasion you said something praising the club,if you said something praising a player (that is actually playing) and then mixed it up with things the club has got wrong, then people might be prepared to listen. As it is, and as it has always been, your endless slating of the club has just got tiresome.If you hate our club so much, why are you here?

[quote user="Felixfan"]The important thing is the direction of travel. We are building a team and a structure for the future and this is probably our lowest point but everything is coming together. I am really excited about next season.

On the other hand Ipswich are in terminal decline and one can only see their direction of travel as downwards,[/quote]

The direction of travel will be reverse after this season.

After we lose Maddison, Gunn, Read, Leitner at the end of the season, what hope have we got.

Webber signings in general are of League One standard.

Hopefully we can stay up next season but it will be a long hard slog.

[quote user="Herman"]It''s the constant negativity that gets on people''s tits. If on occasion you said something praising the club,if you said something praising a player (that is actually playing) and then mixed it up with things the club has got wrong, then people might be prepared to listen. As it is, and as it has always been, your endless slating of the club has just got tiresome.If you hate our club so much, why are you here?[/quote]

I do Herman. I’ve praised many of our players In the past, you and others just choose to forget and it suits the agenda. Hoolahan is probbaly the biggest example. A hugely talented player that I battled against many on here who thought he was ‘a one trick pony’ and should be sold. Ok an ex player, but again I battled with posters with regard to Surman too. Another quality player. Another Howson... point is I support and praise quality players!

Admittedly this season I’ve not had much postive things to say. But come on, we’ve been dreadful and just overseen a downgrading in squad quality! There is precious little to be postive about after this season, or the last few to be quite honest! We’re on a downward trajectory reflected by every facet of the club at the moment.

Truth is, most dislike my posts because there pretty accurate.

Why would people hate your posts because they''re accurate? If anything it''s the monumental lack of accuracy that people question.

[quote user="hogesar"]Why would people hate your posts because they''re accurate? If anything it''s the monumental lack of accuracy that people question.[/quote]

Some people, like yourself, cannot accept criticism and refuse to listen to anything negative said about the club.

‘Monumental lack of accuracy’

judged by a person who lacks the abillity to reflect and consider different peoples views before making informed judgement. Righto love.

Funny that Lincoln, because posters who have the ability to present a balanced argument always get the same from me. I''ve disagreed with many posters opinions over the years but we''ve had no problem debating it. Just picking one out of the air, King Canary and I disagree on most things, but we have no problem discussing it.
I have no problem with anyone stating something negative, as long as it''s balanced.

"Truth is, most dislike my posts because there pretty accurate."

But you seem to revel in pointing out negatives. The fact that you use a p!ayer who effectively left us almost five years ago as evidence of your positive posts shows that they almost never happen. You''re constantly slagging things off (and often being pulled up for being wrong or blinkered), but in your head, you seem to think you''re some crusader for the truth. Just shows how wrong you can be.

IMHO, you''re a massive troll, and one of the few I would block on here if I could. I suspect "most" tend to this view, but happy to admit I''m wrong if there is now a flood of appreciation for your views. Not holding my breath...

Not the happiest day done on the farm.With the foreman having been banished and ticket prices cut there was a fair few of the not too bright turning up - some even in expectation rather than hope.But as ever at poorman road things did not go as wanted. Yes, there were four goals, as with City at home to Villa, but unfortunately none for the farmhands.A lack lustre performance, another defeat and over 10,000 empty seats told you all you need to know about the day and the state of the club.Not so much animal farm, but abysmal farm, with their record of time in the Championship looking to maybe end, by heading downward.RIPswich.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]"Truth is, most dislike my posts because there pretty accurate."

But you seem to revel in pointing out negatives. The fact that you use a p!ayer who effectively left us almost five years ago as evidence of your positive posts shows that they almost never happen. You''re constantly slagging things off (and often being pulled up for being wrong or blinkered), but in your head, you seem to think you''re some crusader for the truth. Just shows how wrong you can be.

IMHO, you''re a massive troll, and one of the few I would block on here if I could. I suspect "most" tend to this view, but happy to admit I''m wrong if there is now a flood of appreciation for your views. Not holding my breath...[/quote]

Oh my, how high and mighty do you think you are! You clearly believe you’re a superior poster whose views are so well valued and appreciated by others. What an extremely arrogant post.

Blocking people...I wouldn’t block anyone. A very (predictably) self righteous suggestion from you.