Sign in to follow this  

Preston match thread

I don''t get why Farke wouldn''t be more bold here- nothing to lose in mixing things up, yet we wait for the 74th minute to make a change.

That was the chance for Preston, and he''s missed it

Agreed, why have we not seen Raggett and Hernandez?

We''re wasting the gametime we could be giving some players

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This is dire and i have stopped watching it. To those who think next season will be better convince me please.[/quote]

Same here... Zero progress in fact we are going backwards

I agree this is a total snoozefest but it''s not like we''ve got anything to play for.

Sorry KIO, but they have plenty to play for. I assumed they haven''t stopped training as there is nothing to play for. They will be paid as there is nothing to play for. And the away support deserves to see some effort even though there is nothing to play for.

Hernandez almost in, namely because we finally played it direct enough for someone to be in on goal!

With only two games to go, and absolutely nothing to play for, it''s absolutely insane we haven''t given any game time to Raggett.

If he''s picked to be on the bench, he''s good enough to play. And he''ll only learn by playing at this level.

Still no Raggett...

Wonder how he feels about leaving Lincoln now...

Another 90 minutes, another game without a single shot on target...

Sorry KG but there''s a reason we''ve taken so few fans away today. I would wager If we were fighting for playoffs or to avoid relegation then a fair few more fans would have made the journey. Fair play to those who did but many did not because there is a malaise amongst players when there is nothing left to play for. Say what you like about being paid and training but reality is that the players get paid regardless so hardly a motivational factor and just because they turn up to training doesn''t mean they have an intrinsic motivation to play hard on a saturday.

If you were expecting a blood and thunder display from an all guns blazing Norwich city then the only thing that has caused your disappointment is your naivete. Reality is that the display today or any other game until the end of the season will have little bearing on games in 6 months time and are not representative of that.

[quote user="kick it off"]Sorry KG but there''s a reason we''ve taken so few fans away today. I would wager If we were fighting for playoffs or to avoid relegation then a fair few more fans would have made the journey. Fair play to those who did but many did not because there is a malaise amongst players when there is nothing left to play for. Say what you like about being paid and training but reality is that the players get paid regardless so hardly a motivational factor and just because they turn up to training doesn''t mean they have an intrinsic motivation to play hard on a saturday.

If you were expecting a blood and thunder display from an all guns blazing Norwich city then the only thing that has caused your disappointment is your naivete. Reality is that the display today or any other game until the end of the season will have little bearing on games in 6 months time and are not representative of that.[/quote]

If you think it’s going to be any better in 6 months without madders and possibly a few other BIG names after them being sold. You sir are the naive one.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="kick it off"]Sorry KG but there''s a reason we''ve taken so few fans away today. I would wager If we were fighting for playoffs or to avoid relegation then a fair few more fans would have made the journey. Fair play to those who did but many did not because there is a malaise amongst players when there is nothing left to play for. Say what you like about being paid and training but reality is that the players get paid regardless so hardly a motivational factor and just because they turn up to training doesn''t mean they have an intrinsic motivation to play hard on a saturday.

If you were expecting a blood and thunder display from an all guns blazing Norwich city then the only thing that has caused your disappointment is your naivete. Reality is that the display today or any other game until the end of the season will have little bearing on games in 6 months time and are not representative of that.[/quote]

If you think it’s going to be any better in 6 months without madders and possibly a few other BIG names after them being sold. You sir are the naive one.[/quote] it’s dire dross football and has been now for sometime. Big names being sold for lots of cash. No names coming in for pence !

Yeah your right CTID. We should definitely just not bother going next year as it''s obvious we''ll be absolute rubbish and get relegated. We can''t possibly sign any decent championship players because Maddison is the only player in the world good enough for this level. Get a grip.

This season we lost BIG names like Naismith, bassong, ruddy. We improved on all 3 of them for far less money.

Maddison is too good for us, we all know that but it''s not impossible to sign someone half decent to replace him.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"] it’s dire dross football and has been now for sometime. Big names being sold for lots of cash. No names coming in for pence ![/quote]It''s funny, but the games I have seen - ok, online - we have looked to be improving.  The Villa game particularly.  The kind of game we are supposed to be playing - as far as I can see - is the slow slow quick quick approach, controlling possession and then quick attacks at the right moment. I''ve seen plenty of evidence this season that it is working except for the finishing touch, for which we need players who can cross and/or shoot accurately.  That does not necessarily need incredibly expensive players, just players who fit in to the system.  Also there are times - and Farke has said as much - when we need to play differently - and that has been tried at times this season - in other words we have a plan B or a plan C, sometimes within the same match.      Ok, it was maybe not a good day today - but we continue to be good defensively - and that, after the last few seasons, is something to be thankful for and a habit that is an absolute mainstay of any success we might have in the future.

[quote user="kick it off"]Yeah your right CTID. We should definitely just not bother going next year as it''s obvious we''ll be absolute rubbish and get relegated. We can''t possibly sign any decent championship players because Maddison is the only player in the world good enough for this level. Get a grip.

This season we lost BIG names like Naismith, bassong, ruddy. We improved on all 3 of them for far less money.

Maddison is too good for us, we all know that but it''s not impossible to sign someone half decent to replace him.[/quote]when have I said madders is the only player in the world ????? I said we WILL be weaker next season without him. The football imho is dire and slow now. Look at the stats without madders contribution this season we would be in an horrendous position league wise.

Stop rewriting what you want to read and stick to the facts.

We are improving are we ?????

No shots at goal and very few goals in the last few games.

YEAH LEAPS AND BOUNDS !!!!!

[quote user="kick it off"]Yeah your right CTID. We should definitely just not bother going next year as it''s obvious we''ll be absolute rubbish and get relegated. We can''t possibly sign any decent championship players because Maddison is the only player in the world good enough for this level. Get a grip.

Maddison is too good for us, we all know that but it''s not impossible to sign someone half decent to replace him.[/quote]

Ruddy was Replaced by a loan keeper Hat won’t be here next season. Yeah massive improvement lol.

Ps Naismith is still on our books 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Beat leeds next Saturday and ipswich lose away at Reading, and even in this most ordinary of seasons , we''ll still be the pride of anglia. ..[/quote]

Who really cares? If that’s all we’ve got it’s a sorry state

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Beat leeds next Saturday and ipswich lose away at Reading, and even in this most ordinary of seasons , we''ll still be the pride of anglia. ..[/quote]

Who really cares? If that’s all we’ve got it’s a sorry state

No progress Plan A,B,C are all the same slow !

if like a few have said today had nothing riding on it why did we not see a free flowing attacking game ?

why did we not change tactic and really go for it

why not let the players of the leash and attack with flair

thats what we have to do next season if we are to win games

some will be tight others we will have to go for it and pile the pressure on to get a win

we can sign a striker who has scored 50 goals this season but when he comes here he will never get a chance created for him so why would he sign ?

when Lambert Alex neil had success here we would have any style many different tactics in a other words anything for a win i do not see that from Farke

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="kick it off"]Yeah your right CTID. We should definitely just not bother going next year as it''s obvious we''ll be absolute rubbish and get relegated. We can''t possibly sign any decent championship players because Maddison is the only player in the world good enough for this level. Get a grip.

Maddison is too good for us, we all know that but it''s not impossible to sign someone half decent to replace him.[/quote]when have I said madders is the only player in the world ????? I said we WILL be weaker next season without him. The football imho is dire and slow now. Look at the stats without madders contribution this season we would be in an horrendous position league wise.

Stop rewriting what you want to read and stick to the facts.

We are improving are we ?????

No shots at goal and very few goals in the last few games.

YEAH LEAPS AND BOUNDS !!!!![/quote]
It''s dead rubber end of season. Do you expect us to look like Barcelona? Season is over, players are already mentally on the beach. Nothing from the next few games will concern or excite me. If we win the remaining fixtures 5-0 are you suddenly going to think we''re going to win the title next season? Or will you be moaning that it''s meaningless games anyway so what''s the point?
If you look at the stats without madders then you''re looking at the stats for us playing with 10 men every week. 
You''re not even very good at attention seeking, give it a rest.

Good posts KIO.

I actually think we have shown really good commitment levels for a team with nothing to play for. We didnt down tools and lose 4-0 at home to Villa for example :)