Sign in to follow this  

Preston match thread

STARTING XIGunn; Reed, Hanley, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (c), Leitner; Maddison, Vrancic, Murphy; SrbenySUBSMcGovern (GK), Pinto, Husband, Oliveira, Hoolahan, Raggett, Hernandez

Bit surprised not see any changes at all, but I guess we did dominate Cardiff despite the defeat to be fair to Farke... would have liked to see Onel in there - hopefully he''ll get some minutes.

Very pleased to see Reed keep his place over Pinto.

Maybe a little too soon for Onel to have a starting place but hopefully see him at some point. Personally I like this team and formation

Onel will come off the bench I''m sure, Farke made it sound like he wasn''t quite there for a full 90 yet in the presser.

Interesting re: Reed - I do reckon if we sign him Pinto might have a fight on his hands if we don''t need Reed in the middle!

Considering we essentially have 3 attacking midfielders, a winger and a striker on the pitch, we have created naff all.

Let''s get Hernandez on to get some width across both sides of the pitch.  We need more service into the box (as usual).  Mark Rivers you''re wrong - we need to keep Murphy on so we have two wingers.

Width could definitely win this game. Take one of Madders or Leitner off

This is dire and i have stopped watching it. To those who think next season will be better convince me please.

Til - Do you give up on the season after a preseason friendly too? This game has probably less relevance to next season than a preseason does. I agree this is a total snoozefest but it''s not like we''ve got anything to play for.

In addition to preseason point - if we were 5 nil up and Maddison has scored 3 and assisted reed for the other 2 would that make you feel better about next season considering neither are likely to be here?

PNE fans are a whiny bunch of ****heads. Would like to see AN do well but after listening to them crying about everything all game I hope they don''t get a sniff of the playoffs.