Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Marley Watkins to Bristol?

That''s a start for another necessary clear out.

He''s been a bit disappointing and not achieved much in his time at Carrow Road. No tears to shed about this one.

We might just get our money back from the sound of it.

Put it in the kitty for a proper striker.

It says we got him on a free from Barnsley so hopefully no damage done financially from what has been an unsuccessful season for both parties.

We did get him on a free transfer. So just a years wages wasted.

A shame as he came here with so much promise as our first signing of the Farke era, and sadly added very little and looked out of his depth.

I believe it would benefit both parties if he was to depart as his gametime here will end up limited if we bring in reinforcements in the summer

We rejected £2m for him in jan so I hope we actually made a little bit of money actually. He never really got going for us to be honest, I don’t think he’s good enough even if he puts the effort in.

One of the worst signings I can remember. But there have been plenty in recent years.

Complete write-off.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]In six months time nobody will even remember his name such was his impact.[/quote]There will definitely be a ''We let Marley Watkins go'' post.

I wouldn''t be surprised if Farke wasn''t involved in us signing him. Didn''t we announce his signing very early in the close season, even before Farke arrived? My memory is hazy on this, but I''m sure someone will put me right.

He was on a free and hasn''t exactly done anything of value this season so if we get a fee above £1 million that''d be great business.

[quote user="king canary"]Surprised Bristol are so keen to get him but I''d bite their hands off for £2m at this point.[/quote]

Apparently Johnson signed him for Barnsley so they''ve worked together before.

A million would be good business, 2 million would be daylight robbery!

I don''t think we have seen the best of him to be fair.

Probably just a bad fit for many reasons.

Lee Johnson of Bristol City seems to rate him enough to be continuously after the player.

I still wouldn''t want him with us next season though.

Well his attributes don''t really suit Farke''s style and when you consider the one thing Watkins could fall back on was work-rate, and that took a hit with Farke publicly criticising him, I don''t see a reason to keep him.

Missed a sitter in the first few minutes of the opening game against Fulham. Oliveira came on and scored and the mold was set.

If he moves then the new club will need to take on his remaining contract. This is often put out as a transfer fee - it suits both clubs.Will the new club take on the full amount ... who knows ?Is this just the usual 2+2 = 4 ?Clearly he hasn''t fitted in as we hoped, and I suspect he was lined up before Farke arrived. Bristol is an awful lot closer to Wales, so it may be just the equation above.

If he moves his contract with us is terminated so they do t take his contract from us, he gets a new one with new terms from Bristol City.

Have I missed the point of this post as it makes absolutely no sense?!

That''s fantastic City 1st. The move is still only speculation and yet you already know the details. The new club will need to take on his remaining contract will they. That will be put out as the transfer fee will it? Interesting. No wonder you get so pernicikety with other posters who use figures to make their points but obviously without your expertise.

I read that and just shook my head in disbelief but hey ho now you both have questioned it we must await a typical City1st response littered with the usual well used soundbites.

Aologies, that can be read wronglyMarley Watkins is contracted to NCFC until 2020. Therefore we are obliged to pay him the agreed sums within that contract until 2020.Any club wishing to take o his registration will need to continue that level of payment (or more) or agree to share the payment of the remaining contract with NCFC.The player may wish to forgo that contract and simply end the contract, that would have to be agreed by NCFC. Most likely with Naismith than Maddison.If Watkins is on £10,000 (?) a week then the remaining two years amount to £1m which is often then put out as a transfer fee.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I read that and just shook my head in disbelief but hey ho now you both have questioned it we must await a typical City1st response littered with the usual well used soundbites.[/quote]or we will get your usual snout snuffling inunable to post up anything that suggests you understand anything other than lurking around threads hoping to get the odd dig whilst behind someone elsesad man

The other club wishing to buy him while he is under contract agree a fee to conditionally release him from the contract. Should they agree a deal with Watkins (could be whatever they manage to agree, doesn’t matter what he’s on here, he might agree to a pay cut, they might offer him more) our contract with Watkins is cancelled (we owe him nothing unless we agree part payment of his salary but then why bother with the transfer fee...) and he starts a new deal at the new club.

If there is a transfer fee involved, I doubt we will be paying him anything remaining from his deal with us once he goes.

[quote user="Bigears"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I read that and just shook my head in disbelief but hey ho now you both have questioned it we must await a typical City1st response littered with the usual well used soundbites.[/quote]or we will get your usual snout snuffling inunable to post up anything that suggests you understand anything other than lurking around threads hoping to get the odd dig whilst behind someone elsesad man[/quote]I really cannot be bothered to  post anything in response to what you post because of your usual bombastic pompous know it all answer to everything.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]The other club wishing to buy him while he is under contract agree a fee to conditionally release him from the contract. Should they agree a deal with Watkins (could be whatever they manage to agree, doesn’t matter what he’s on here, he might agree to a pay cut, they might offer him more) our contract with Watkins is cancelled (we owe him nothing unless we agree part payment of his salary but then why bother with the transfer fee...) and he starts a new deal at the new club.

If there is a transfer fee involved, I doubt we will be paying him anything remaining from his deal with us once he goes.[/quote]eh ?You post up what I have already said, how bizzare"doesn’t matter what he’s on here," really / "I doubt we will be paying him anything remaining from his deal with us once he goes" as I NEVER said we would I''m not sure of your pointps I would stop digging

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]That''s fantastic City 1st. The move is still only speculation and yet you already know the details. The new club will need to take on his remaining contract will they. That will be put out as the transfer fee will it? Interesting. No wonder you get so pernicikety with other posters who use figures to make their points but obviously without your expertise.[/quote]No, that is you just making up stuff ... again.Knowing how a contract works does not mean knowledge of any details within.As to you making uo stuff, we haveyou "That will be put out as the transfer fee will it? "me "this is often put out as a transfer fee"As usual, with others, you have not replied to what I actually sa, yid but dived into the trough believing that at last you had got the naughty big ears - but you haven''tou have merely made up stuff in your eagerness to get one over mehow sad

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Bigears"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I read that and just shook my head in disbelief but hey ho now you both have questioned it we must await a typical City1st response littered with the usual well used soundbites.[/quote]or we will get your usual snout snuffling inunable to post up anything that suggests you understand anything other than lurking around threads hoping to get the odd dig whilst behind someone elsesad man[/quote]I really cannot be bothered to  post anything in response to what you post because of your usual bombastic pompous know it all answer to everything.[/quote]or in reality you haven''t a friggin'' scooby doo about any of this as your previous posts have shownall you were doing was diving in, as Mussolini did in June 1940, hoping to be on the winning side

ps I would put up a clip of a porcine creature following somebodt about - but when we have the reality, why bother ?

that is Correct IF a player does not ask for a transfer and Norwich sell him he is due the remainder of his contract

If he puts in a transfer request that is different as he is asking to cancel his contract