Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

Maddison to liverpool

As much as I like Maddison, will he really get into their starting 11? If true I hope he really thinks about this, i''d hate to see another young English talent stunted and rotting in a top teams reserves.

Could be a squad player for them. Particularly if Lallana left.

But not in their best 11.

Sounds like the reporter has added two and two and made fifty seven.All a bit thin.

Definitely has the capacity to be in their first 11 with Can leaving, Milner on the way out and Lallana injury prone.

He''ll have a lot of fun picking out their front three with their excellent movement and his range of passing.

I''d love to see him break through there but realistically, where does he fit into their existing lineup (plus Keita coming in next season)?

Can''t see him getting a regular starting spot at Liverpool, United, Spurs or City. Chelsea he could well be eased in over the season as a longer-term replacement for Fabregas or even Hazard if he moves on; Arsenal I can see him being right in the first team mix from day one depending on who their new manager is; they need exactly his kind of player to provide more midfield creativity. Can''t really see the benefit of him going anywhere else, he''s good enough for a top 6 side and if no regular place in one of those teams is going to be available he''d be better off spending another year with us, playing regularly and developing even further so that in 14 months time he can walk into almost any team you care to name.

"When asked about his future, James Maddison exclusively revealed to a

source close to Anfield Edition that he expects to be a Liverpool

player next season.

More specifically, Maddison told us that he expects to be alongside one of his best friends, Trent Alexander-Arnold."

"Anfield Edition can also exclusively reveal that Liverpool are in crunch talks with Ryan Sessegnon’s representatives."

Anfield Edition certainly get the top stories. [:D]

Had a discussion in the office the other day about this.

Our colleague from liverpool was down and joined in too

I was asked if I was Maddison where would I go. My answer was Leicester.

I know it''s not as prestigious as a top 6 club but he''d get the game time.

I can''t see him playing as regularly at the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool. Our Liverpool Supporting colleague said "He''ll never start for us"

I hope he thinks his next steps carefully, i''d love for them to be with us somehow, but if not I hope he chooses a club which will give him the game time he needs for his own development

Liverpool are clearly aware of him- he apparently turned them down when at Coventry as he didn''t feel ready for the move.

I could see him getting a decent amount of game time there though.

I tend to agree Andy. At the moment Leicester would be an ideal club for him and he would get plenty of starts, particularly if Mahrez goes.

The thing is though, what sort of player will he develop into? If Liverpool have seen enough to suggest that he could develop into a regular starter for them, say in a couple of years time, then they may well be prepared to take the gamble.

If it doesn''t work out they will recoup a similar fee and James could well end up at somewhere like Leicester anyway. If however he carries on progressing then Liverpool could have a top player on their hands for a relatively bargain price.

He already takes terrific dead balls from corners and free kicks. That skill isn''t going anywhere and neither is his goal scoring, ability to make space for himself and intelligent off the ball runs. Playing with top players is only going to help him and I think he could very easily end up at one of the big 6.

Having watched Madders in pre season, League Cup & JPT last season, the news that he was going on loan to Aberdeen is still the most gutting moment of the season to me. Daft I know when I think back to the whole that was 2016/17 but I still feel cheated that we were deprived of one season watching him. I hope he goes to (& plays at) a top six side but please not the scousers. Would hate to be hoping he lost every game

I remember when a player joined Man Utd from a smaller club he said at my old club i got the ball 15 times in a game to try and do something at Utd i got the ball 15 times in the first 10 minutes

Imagine what Maddison could do in a team where he is given the ball more often in better areas / withbetter players making better runs he could really set a team alight

Well it looks like this rumour gets stronger by the day. £30m seems the paper talk and may be announced soon. Klopp wants a long pre season with players in early.

He will be going. If so get the money in so we can get the players we want in early too.

As long as the deal is right i don''t really care where he goes to, the colour of the money is the same. He has the attributes to do well and I hope he fulfills his potential.

Whoever got him for us deserves thanks, single handedly financed this summer''s continued needed rebuild.

If anyone spots Madders in a shell suit with a Keegan bubble perm and a Souness Tash to match......He''s deffo off den......"Eh? Eh? Eh?"...."Dey do do dat dough don''t dey dough".....

Plausible. It will be somewhat of a risk for both player and club but some of what Maddison has just cannot be taught - vision and instinct plus he also has the skill to execute his ideas. Klopp will be well aware of this and with Can departing and Lallana not playing so often Maddison may have his chance.

At some point Maddison must take a step up and with his quality he needn’t do this to a side that will be battling to remain in the Prem. Why not.

Said some time ago £25 million aint enough, will sit back and smoke a cigar if its £30 million.