Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

The Sun on Sunday and Maddison

Latest from the Sun is £17m to Leicester which is a £2m increase on what they confidently reported that Huddersfield will pay us. At that rate we only need 4 more stories from the Sun and they''ll be somewhere near what he''s worth

The club needs get this one right.

I am sensing that there has recently been a loss of goodwill between support and the club.

I am not referring to Saturday''s boo boys but more your average middle ground support. Neither do I think it is out of a sense of entitlement, but more disappointment that things are seen to be drifting.

Even this very moderate forum (?) has recently contained threads which have been very critical of Webber, "Farke out" has raised it''s head for the first time and the very eminence of the Queen herself is being questioned by other than her consistent critics. Whilst there is constant mention of the generally poor entertainment level and even season ticket sales have weakened, albeit slightly.

It''s called thin ice, so don''t sell the family treasure on the cheap.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]The club needs get this one right.

I am sensing that there has recently been a loss of goodwill between support and the club.

I am not referring to Saturday''s boo boys but more your average middle ground support. Neither do I think it is out of a sense of entitlement, but more disappointment that things are seen to be drifting.

Even this very moderate forum (?) has recently contained threads which have been very critical of Webber, "Farke out" has raised it''s head for the first time and the very eminence of the Queen herself is being questioned by other than her consistent critics. Whilst there is constant mention of the generally poor entertainment level and even season ticket sales have weakened, albeit slightly.

It''s called thin ice, so don''t sell the family treasure on the cheap.[/quote]The "Farke out" thread was started by one of "the usual suspects" who has opposed all actions of the club for at least 10 years. There are some who are implacably opposed to the regime for a variety of reasons and stopped going to games years ago, by their own confession - "not going to line Delia''s pockets." One of them has boasted that he can''t wait for City to go into administration as it will be worth it to see Delia''s face! I wouldn''t pay too much attention to them, Broadstairs, they just crawl out after every bad run and are not indicative of much at all.Having said that, I think that a lot of us are fed up with losing

and not scoring at home! I can''t remember a worse home record in the

Championship, at least. Farke''s tenure as Head Coach is dependant upon a better season next year - imo we have definitely under-achieved this year and I don''t think that we can expect fans to be as patient next year if we sit in the bottom half for most of the season. I''m sure that Webber will get every penny he can for Madison and that whatever that is the usual suspects will criticise him for it - but the real decider will be our form on the pitch next year, not the murky world of largely misreported transfer fees. A repeat of game after game of "goallessness," will really test everyone''s patience.

I think the club will sell for 25m. I''d love him to stay of course, but given how he''s played this season it is a difficult task. Great profit considering we paid what, 3 million for him?

Should we manage to offload oliviera, Naismith and a couple of other large wages (wes and klose perhaps), would we be able to keep Madison do you think?

It''s highly unlikely we''d turn down a c.£25m offer, but we could be in a position to, especially if its a lower prem team making the offer so madders would be less inclined to think it as an unmissable opportunity...

I''d only let him go for if the buying club loaned him to us for next season, paid us 25 million and agree to a percentage of any sell on fee. After all Coventry will no doubt be getting a chunk when we sell.

It would be useful to know what the turnover shortfall is going to be next season, but I imagine that the majority of what we sell him for will go towards covering this amount.

We will still presumably be paying chunky money for both Naismith and Jarvis''s wages next year as I doubt we''ll be able to offload them or fully offload their wages if we do. When this is done we''ll be well on the way towards self financing sustainability. I guess it''s a bit depressing that the money will be used this way for our crown jewel but it is what it is.

A Leicester sized club would be a great move for Maddison at this stage of his career, but will be very sorry to see him go.

If we sell him for £17m having said £25m minimum, then there certainly will be a loss of goodwill.There''s more chance of a loan back should Madders go to a big club so hopefully it won''t be Leicester. As he''s not involved in the World Cup where he risks injury etc, I would expect the transfer to be agreed pretty soon after the season end.

err, Leicester are due to receive a hefty fee if they sell their playerMaddison is touted with a move away to the PL this summerMaddison is from nearby CoventryAnd Leicesters first thought would be to phone up the Sun to tell them of their interest and the fee they would be offering 

ps my Nigerian friend has $60m locked in an account, could someone off this thread help ?

25 mill + sell on for maddison and i would be happy the next one might be Lewis to go to a PL club 15 mill plus for potential of lewis nothing less

Those who think Maddison will not insist on a move once any bid in excess of £15 m is in have their eyes closed.

The club will have no option but to sell him.

i dont think maddison is like that also he will not need to as the price will be above 15 million i imagine every club in the PL would sign him for that !

he knows we need the money he knows we gave him the stage and he has repaid us with performances he will get his move and we will bank so money he will go for alot more than 15 mil

Maddison’s rapid improvement and stellar status is the greatest gift the club could have had in current circumstances.

Selling Maddison camouflages and amortises the necessity to decimate the remaining decent - though less valuable in market terms - squad.

A Norwich without Maddison for £20m can be envisioned.

A Norwich without Klose, Hanley, Oliveira, Wes, Tettey, the less good Maddison of 6 months ago, maybe even Lewis and Murphy to make up the net £23.5m savings needed would have had far more dramatic implications.

Selling Maddison saves the day.

Parma

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Maddison’s rapid improvement and stellar status is the greatest gift the club could have had in current circumstances.

Selling Maddison camouflages and amortises the necessity to decimate the remaining decent - though less valuable in market terms - squad.

A Norwich without Maddison for £20m can be envisioned.

A Norwich without Klose, Hanley, Oliveira, Wes, Tettey, the less good Maddison of 6 months ago, maybe even Lewis and Murphy to make up the net £23.5m savings needed would have had far more dramatic implications.

Selling Maddison saves the day.

Parma[/quote]ehwhat on earth are you chuntering on about now ?what "£23.5m savings needed" is that ?

ps I would look up the meaning of amortises if I were you

And "decimate" means one in ten. Is it all that precise then?

Who are we talking about here, the one in ten, who will be kept on solely due to the sale of Madisson.

Madisson might not even be the first one sold. Oliveira is doing his best to alienate Farke, so it seems, if reports about his commitment to training are true.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]And "decimate" means one in ten. Is it all that precise then?

Who are we talking about here, the one in ten, who will be kept on solely due to the sale of Madisson.

Madisson might not even be the first one sold. Oliveira is doing his best to alienate Farke, so it seems, if reports about his commitment to training are true.[/quote]Hopefully Olive oil chap will have a good World Cup and so his value goes up. as I think it is inevitable he will be off (though the last two words may well not be those of many fans !).Ivor Sprinto might also move on, though only as his wages are higher ... otherwise an excellent player.We await news of the £23.5m.

Sad to say, but I can''t see the "loan back for a year" thing working. IF whoever buys him is prepared to loan him out, they will want it to be somewhere that will enable him to learn and grow further.Maddison has had a year''s experience of the championship now, and a good look at how a German coach runs a team. What would he gain from another year of the same?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Sad to say, but I can''t see the "loan back for a year" thing working. IF whoever buys him is prepared to loan him out, they will want it to be somewhere that will enable him to learn and grow further.Maddison has had a year''s experience of the championship now, and a good look at how a German coach runs a team. What would he gain from another year of the same? [/quote]  Plenty of developing players spend a few years out on loan away from thir PL clubs, we''ve had quite a few over the years.Certainly Farke and the club have promise in the way they are developing players and Edwards time here suggests someone thinks the club knows what it is doing. You only have to look at the improvement in Reed to see what can be done, as with Vrancic.What will happen is for others to decide but Mddison would be better here for another season that warming the bench at a PL club.

You forget Parma, only City 1st is allowed to quote contract details and prices to make his point.

Your point that selling Maddison for a big fee, in preference to several less good players for smaller amounts, to achieve the necessary book balancing is over his head. Therefore instead of having an opinion on what you have written he deflects the thread by arguing about the accuracy of the figures.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]You forget Parma, only City 1st is allowed to quote contract details and prices to make his point.

Your point that selling Maddison for a big fee, in preference to several less good players for smaller amounts, to achieve the necessary book balancing is over his head. Therefore instead of having an opinion on what you have written he deflects the thread by arguing about the accuracy of the figures.[/quote]oh dear, more lies from poor HairyI have questioned fees as they are stated on here with NO official confirmation.I questioned the £23.5m as there is NO confirmation or even suggestion that it is true.There is NO deflection either as that figure is integral to his whole claim !So why not stop making up stuff and tell us where this £23.5m comes from ?

I have no idea if it is true or not, but somebody reported a few days ago that at the function for all the exiled canary groups last week it was reported (by Stone?) that our wage bill was down to 32 million now. Still some work to do but a lot better than it looked at the start of the pre-season. If this figure is true, we need to lose a lot less than £23.5 million, although this figure may have been correct at the time of the annual accounts. The shareholders meeting projected football department costs of £38.9 million but then reported that we had saved £173 a week on wages with the summers trading - whether that was already included I don''t know.

If its true now £17m is the lowest price clubs will start to negotiate and with the number of interested clubs growing by the day. Spurs, Liverpool, W Ham, Palace now Leicester with Huddersfield lagging at miserly £15m. The price will go up maybe to even £25m.

But whether we get what we feel is deserved or not if we keep Maddison next season on his current contract which I presume is affordable in our current financial state. He cannot down tools which would impact his career he would need to continually perform. This is dependent on his contract being for two years.

Fear not we will get in excess of £20m and Leicester without £70m Mahrez will need to pay it. However would rather see JM perform at a proper PL club not mid table plodders.

"the number of interested clubs growing by the day. Spurs, Liverpool, W

Ham, Palace now Leicester with Huddersfield lagging at miserly £15m "
No, those are just stuff made up by the press. The idea that clubs tell the press who they are interested in and what they are prepared to pay is beyond absurd"[quote user=" Badger"]I have no idea if it is true

or not, but somebody reported a few days ago that at the function for

all the exiled canary groups last week it was reported (by Stone?) that

our wage bill was down to 32 million now. Still some work to do but a lot better than it looked at the start of the pre-season. If

this figure is true, we need to lose a lot less than £23.5 million,

although this figure may have been correct at the time of the annual

accounts. The shareholders meeting projected football department costs

of £38.9 million but then reported that we had saved £173 a week on

wages with the summers trading - whether that was already included I

don''t know.
[/quote]"The wage bill ending June 2017 was quoted (accounts) as being £55mSince then a fair number of high wage earners have been removed from the wage billWe have had player sales/income of - Murphy, Howson, Dorrans, Pritchard and JeromeSo I would suggest we are roughly breaking even, with both Hoolahan and Tetteys contracts ending in June as well.The £23.5m is a figure that equates to various payments that would have been paid were we have to been promoted last season. To quote that figure is to NOT have the slightest grasp of the club''s accounts, probably the reason it has not been followed up with any explanation.The club is in a far healthier position than is portrayed by many on here - maybe why Maddison was not sold in January and we actually signed players instead.

The point being made City 1st was that maybe it''s better to sell one star player rather than several decent ones. A view that could have resulted in an interesting debate.

Instead we have you calling out posters because a figure quoted may or may not be correct. You''re obfuscating deflected again in order to derail the thread because your ego is more important to you than the debate. I genuinely can''t believe you''re that dense not to be doing it deliberately.

Don''t forget that WIND UP Captain Canary toy you''re so akin to.

28/03/2018, 1:44 PM

Parma Ham''s gone mouldy is not online. Last active: 08/04/2018 16:09:23 Parma Ham''s gone mouldy

Top 500 Posts

Joined on 13/11/2003

Posts 1,419

Re: Maddison 25M

Coops,

If you refer to Finance threads of a few months ago, it would be far more accurate to state that we would be in big trouble if he doesn’t get sold.

His incredible emergence is the Father Christmas that Nutella prayed for.

£25m is the magic number (£23.5m) stated in those threads. Even 6 months ago this looked impossible. Trying to find that kind of net profit from other sales and costs would be difficult and incredibly painful.

The Academy bond principle is built on dreams of finding a Maddison to sell.

Parma

28/03/2018, 5:44 PM

keelansgrandad is not online. Last active: 26/03/2018 11:40:43 keelansgrandad

Top 500 Posts

Joined on 27/01/2009

Posts 2,896

Has it ever been any other way Parma?

The club was never in a position to fight off other clubs attention for our players.

The outcry when we sold Ron Davies to Southampton, a team who had just left the division we were in, didn''t stop us selling on a whole host of players, whether through the youth ranks or profit making on their original transfer fee.

The Supporters Club used to have to buy players for us and our club record fee for buying was still £40,000 by 1972.

We have contested in the expensive signings arena but our record there is not great.

There is no guarantee we will ever produce a marquee academy player who brings the club financial security because they may well have been sold on before they reach their potential.

Or even worse, we may never produce anyone that good.

28/03/2018, 8:09 PM

Parma Ham''s gone mouldy is not online. Last active: 08/04/2018 16:09:23 Parma Ham''s gone mouldy

Top 500 Posts

Joined on 13/11/2003

Posts 1,419

It is different Nonno di Keelan...

Previously such emergency sales were somewhat slept-walked into. There has never been such a dramatic disparity between the huge wealth and sudden, overwhelming restructuring imperatives that we are seeing now.

It is the success that kills you (these days).

Parma

28/03/2018, 8:14 PM

Top 500 Posts

Joined on 13/11/2003

Posts 1,419

On a positive note, the incredible emergence of Maddison - excellent scouting, negotiation, nurturing, coaching, freedom note - does indeed amortise basically all of the previous well-founded fears:

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/3584076/ShowPost.aspx#3584076

This is what an Academy can provide, it only takes one Maddison (and some Ruddys, Howsons, Murphy’s et al obvs) to bridge painful financial chasms.

Caveat emptor: ‘find me another one’

Parma

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]The point being made City 1st was that maybe it''s better to sell one star player rather than several decent ones. A view that could have resulted in an interesting debate.

Instead we have you calling out posters because a figure quoted may or may not be correct. You''re obfuscating deflected again in order to derail the thread because your ego is more important to you than the debate. I genuinely can''t believe you''re that dense not to be doing it deliberately.

Don''t forget that WIND UP Captain Canary toy you''re so akin to.[/quote]oh dearThe whole premise of Parma''s post was that the club owes £23.5m. It doesn''t.I''m not sure what sort of ''interesting debate'' can be had about how best to pay off a debt ....... that doesn''t exist, irrespective of any quoted figures.By all means have a go at me and make up stuff, your sort usually do, but it won''t alter the fact that both of you have been caught not knowing a fairly important part of the club''s financial standing.Otherwise given as I have no idea where Parma lives I have no intention of wandering about like a latter day Blondel attempting to ''call him out''. "Come out, come out where ever you are Parma "