Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

VPNs for ifollow

Can any one recommend a decent priced and easy to use to link up with ifoloow(before anyone says go to the game-I’m 170 miles away)

I have a free one with Windscribe and Tunnel Bear is free also.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I have a free one with Windscribe and Tunnel Bear is free also.[/quote]

I take it they work fine with ifollow, thankyou, I will give them a go

Many VPN''s don''t use Cambodia as a place to start or finish and some don''t like ad blockers.

I think it depends which one you use and where you use it.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Siem Reap Lapps ?[/quote]I have a tent at the Angkor Pass campsite. [:)][/quote]A fair old stroll to the Fat Cat then[:D]

i had trouble on sat using the app on my phone with vpn for the first time this season. when i used the vpn and opened the app the live options were not visible as soon as i disconectéd the vpn the app showed the live options.

it turns out that ifollow have blocked a batch of free vpn addresses and when it recognises this as one of thos adresses it blocks it.

if you pay for a vpn make sure you pay for a deidicated ip address that isnt shared as they cant block this. once i used my dedicated with the app the live options worked.

I use Browsec which is compatible with all browsers and also Android devices.Can be used without paying anything but you can get more, & better, options by paying.It''s just $4.99 (£3.50) per month and by paying monthly you can stop payments for the months you don''t need it.Payment can be made via CC, Paypal or Google.Works exceptionally well, it''s reliable and I''ve never had any problems with it.https://browsec.com/en/

Use Tunnelbear to login and start the stream, then turn it off, doesn''t need to be on once the stream is established.

[quote user="kick it off"]I watched it fine from Nottingham USA lapps. Still using opera browser.[/quote]I use Opera kio which has worked well until last Saturday. The site kept saying "not available in your region" even though the VPN was turned on. Probably something I''m doing wrong.

Opera let me down a few weeks ago and the help desk advised me to try another browser, which wasnt helpfull ☹️.  Still when I tried for the next away game it was ok, so probably just a temporary hitch. So much travelling.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="kick it off"]I watched it fine from Nottingham USA lapps. Still using opera browser.[/quote]I use Opera kio which has worked well until last Saturday. The site kept saying "not available in your region" even though the VPN was turned on. Probably something I''m doing wrong.[/quote]
[quote user="Van wink"]Opera let me down a few weeks ago and the help desk advised me to try another browser, which wasnt helpfull ☹️.  Still when I tried for the next away game it was ok, so probably just a temporary hitch. So much travelling.<br>[/quote]
I''m US resident but use TunnelBear for secure browsing. Has worked fine for iFollow until last weekend, when I got the "Not available in your location" message. Now I can''t even sign in to my iFollow account. I tried Opera but with exactly the same result [:O]

Do you clear your cache before each game? And it helps to close the browser and reload.

The only problem I have had is that the VPN sometimes does not allow me to connect to the internet. But a little patience and it comes back on.

Wasn’t able to get tickets, so going to give the VPN route a go. Just downloaded browsec on my iPad and that seems to be working.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help?

Is anyone seeing the option to buy a match pass yet?

I have an ifollow account as I normally use it for commentary, will ifollow recognise this as a UK account and not let me buy a match pass? Basically, do I need to set up a new account?

Thanks in advance,

I very much doubt it is just a commentary account. You get the choice once in the LIve Match Centre pages.

It will just be a different amount you pay. Whatever you do, don''t press both. You will be charged for both.

And don''t speak to them on the phone. They will cut off the stream. Use the Chat box.

You need to have the account’s address registered at an address not in the UK to get the video, whereas just for commentary you can use a UK address. If you are registered as being in the UK you may have problems using a vpn for video? Will be interesting to find out.

You need to have the account’s address registered at an address not in the UK to get the video, whereas just for commentary you can use a UK address. If you are registered as being in the UK you may have problems using a vpn for video? Will be interesting to find out.

I did, like a fool, register with my home address and haven''t had a problem.

I think they know so many are on a bit of a cheat but aren''t going to turn down the money.

Otherwise they know for many, they will buy an IPTV subscription and Ifollow will miss out.

Thanks for the replies. I decided to just set up a new account with another email address, it''s all working, I’ve bought the match pass and have got it all ready to go!

Just a shame you can''t airplay to Apple TV from the app.

Yes KIO. I tried new VPN''s but nothing. I can''t even get Ustream on.

And to miss Wes''s crowning moment is nigh on heartbreaking!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Yes KIO. I tried new VPN''s but nothing. I can''t even get Ustream on.

And to miss Wes''s crowning moment is nigh on heartbreaking![/quote]
They''ve taken Opera offline for Ifollow. I switched to Browsec (and paid the few dollars for premium) and it worked perfectly second half. Opera is the problem KG.

They''ve taken Opera offline for Ifollow. I switched to Browsec (and paid the few dollars for premium) and it worked perfectly second half. Opera is the problem KG.

I haven''t used Opera for a while KIO.

I have been using Chrome with a free browser and not experienced a problem until today.

But thanks for the Browsec tip. I guess I will have to stop being tight and pay a premium.