Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Naismith

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Heard today there are some unbelievable rinky dinks in Naismith''s contract regarding expenses etc, or moreover his family''s. We need to get shot of him asap. [/quote]

You can''t have posted that and not expected to be asked about your source. I''m not saying name names, but was it from a bloke down the pub, a director or where in-between?

If anyone is slightly interested check out the highlights from yesterday''s Hearts vs. Celtic match. Naismith put in a couple of shocking tackles, probably both worth a straight red each.Apples

He certainly seemed wound up...perhaps he was auditioning for a summer return to Rangers?Apples

I think you will find that was retribution for Brwon, after the way he took the young 16year old Harry Cochrane out in the last game at Darkheid, one of the brightest young prospects has hardly played since, and that goes back to the 4-1 at Tynecastle when Hearts ended the Celtic run and young Cochrane had Brown in his pocket the whole game. Revenge is a dish best served, well just served sometimes ;-)

Naismith to get a 2 match ban, so looks like his season is over after tonight''s game vs Hibs.Apples

@ Mr ApplesYes looks like he has been offered a 2 match ban, think he wont complain about that, played in the derby and now can start his holiday early and get ready for pre season at Colney.@ canarydan23No Forrest didnt take out young Cochrane (who was outstanding last night, and someone we should look to get, a long term replacement for Maddison), what i dont get is this hatred for Naismith, not really his fault the club paid way over the top both in terms of fee and his own wage deal, the guy has played at the top level, and i still think with a proper pre season he will do a good job for someone, maybe even us??

If we were paying Naismith 50p a week no one would care about attitude, performance or whether he''s a nice guy or not. The issue is the the insane amount of cash the board decided to throw at an absolute squad clogger, blame the board not Steven.

He''s never been a 20 goal a season man, has he managed even 5 a season in the Prem on a consistent basis!? No? He wasn''t even a regular starter, we got exactly what we paid for.

Whatever job you do if your rival comes in and says we''ll pay you 10 times what you''re on now for the same work ethic you''ve always put in, someone please tell me you''d pass it up!?

Sold a dream, living a nightmare! Ricky doesn''t get as much vitriolic abuse as Naismith and he was just as rubbish and on the same wedge.

Buck stops with Mr and Mrs Smith on this one, leave the jock alone 🔫

My anger about Naismith is mainly at whoever decided to give him a contract at such a high level which runs on after the end of our parachute payments, and clearly if he had a wage reduction on relegation it was fairly small.

Having said this, as an experienced pro with many years at Everton, I expected him to look like a quality player for us, especially in a division lower, and someone who would help bring on some of our younger/less experienced players.  The fact that he''s never shown any real quality and has never justified a regular starting place for us is a bit of a shocker TBH.

I think RVW had plenty of abuse over the years on this board.  But at least with RVW, from what we hear we were able to loan him out and get most of his wages covered after he didn''t make it here.  With Naismith it sounds like we''re still paying most of his salary.  The number often mentioned was an annual wage of £2.5m.  Which is pretty scary if that thread was right to say our player wage budget next season (after the end of parachute payments) is about £13m before any transfer fees are added.

I seem to remember he spent a lot of the game having a go at the youngsters/less experienced players. I would struggle to remember any game where he made a significant contribution.

He is back in Scotland playing at a level which suits him so hopefully Hearts and Norwich can come up with a compromise.

I think Naismith doesn''t help himself in the media- claiming he''d play for Rangers for free and saying he just wants to play while sitting on his fat contract and turning down moves to Sunderland won''t endear himself.

I was talking to someone who suggested Rangers are coming out of their legal restrictions this summer and being able to borrow and buy better players (and afford to pay them). Could be wishful thinking, but they might be able to afford Naismith now. Can anyone shed any more light on that?

If Rangers are allowed to buy/borrow better players then I doubt they''ll want Naismith!

[quote user="king canary"]I think Naismith doesn''t help himself in the media- claiming he''d play for Rangers for free and saying he just wants to play while sitting on his fat contract and turning down moves to Sunderland won''t endear himself.[/quote]
Probably worth taking the media rumours re Sunderland and comments often taken out of context with a pinch of salt, in all honesty.