Sign in to follow this  
king canary

O/T Beers

Quaffin'' zoider......a really proper strong zoider.......gotta be cloudy an'' have dead wasps, pips an'' apple cores floatin'' about in it......Giz yer blown veins on each cheek and a barrage balloon size bulbous an'' pocky nose that would put Karl Malden to shame......

A zoider a day keeps the doctor at bay an'' is good for gout......an'' it also softens the blow when you fall in the gutter...."Cheers!"......

Drink sensibly.......

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 22/03/2018 8:24 AM:

Til, it’s not something you’ve actually said, Lakey and Lincoln didn’t actually have their conversation either. It’s just a bit of fun that’s all.

😀

Maybe if you had not used the quotation marks i would not have asked the question but i will make allowances if you have been studying at the City1st school of humour as he thinks he is funny as well.

He used quotation marks on the other joke quotes too, yet nobody else seemed to think he was claiming they were real...

I used to like Bavarian helles or wiesbier but gone off all alcohol in the past few years, probably due to a misspent youth. There are poor champagnes too. Cup of tea never disappoints.

lake district canary wrote:

Gone off really strong beers - can''t take the hangovers any more, so choice is limited. Adnams Southwold Bitter always a favourite, or a good pint of well kept Bass or Abbott Ale, not easy to find up here, but appreciated more as a result.

More in to red wine these days - a good negoramaro is my favourite

Lakey - you don''t like strong beers but you drink Abbot? You must be a tough cookie - I know it is officially 5% but for an Ale it is like a punch in the guts! Those of us from Bury - the Home of Abbot Ale - wouldn''t touch it with a barge pole!! Fair play that man .

I just spent a fortnight in Belgium, and Leffe Blond on draught is very nice. I''ve got a 750ml bottle sitting in my fridge, which I''m hoping is going to be similar.

[quote user="king canary"]Ok, the season is a tad dull not a great deal left to play for so lets widen out the discussion....

What are you drinking at the moment, beer wise? Any recommendations?

I''ve found myself falling into the ''hipster craft beer'' scene and went on a little brewery tour through Bermondsy recently. Would highly recommend Fourpure.[/quote]If you can find Hopbliminal Messages by Amundsen (Norwegian brewery) or Effortless Grapefruit (Captain Lawrence brewery from US) then get them down ya neck! Both very tasty IPA''s with a tropical vibe... Lovely!

Whoops! Realised I''d actually commented on this one already... [:D]Silly me. Must have had too many beers at the weekend... Redwell Extra Pale Ale is also very good! All should head to their brewery and tap room. Was there before legends game yesterday and it was awesome.

[quote user="BobLoz3"]Whoops! Realised I''d actually commented on this one already... [:D]Silly me. Must have had too many beers at the weekend... Redwell Extra Pale Ale is also very good! All should head to their brewery and tap room. Was there before legends game yesterday and it was awesome.[/quote]

Is it still at Trowse under the bridge? Started a subsequently messy works night out there a few years back. I’m glad to see they’re back to doing good beer again after all the problems they had.

Yes, Rivvo! That''s where it is (still) and it''s well worth a look again now it''s up and running.

Thought I'd bump this to recommend Tribute Cornish Pale Ale. Had a couple with lunch and it is very moreish. Good stuff if it reaches your area.