Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

safe standing

[quote user="Van wink"]Or in block A[/quote]perhaps you are thinking of the Cathedral standbut do keep trying(you are bound to win one day}

“perhaps you are thinking of the Cathedral stand

but do keep trying

(you are bound to win one day}”

Perhaps you are just a clown, but carry on.👍

This will not be happening anytime soon at Carrow Road as we had no money to get the builders in at Colney so there is certainly no money to get them to reconsruct the Lower Barclay and install rail seats.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This will not be happening anytime soon at Carrow Road as we had no money to get the builders in at Colney so there is certainly no money to get them to reconsruct the Lower Barclay and install rail seats.[/quote]It won''t happen anytime soon as the law needs to change.When the law does change there will be money made available if there is a good business case to do it.

Colney has needed an upgrade for some considerable time TCC and that place is the life blood of our future and no money was or has been made available to carry out that work. Of course the law of the land has to change before safe standing can happen but i cannot really see how it would make sense from a business point of view as it will not increase income. Where exactly will money be made available from because the foreseeable future has us living hand to mouth to maintain the debt free mantra surely ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Colney has needed an upgrade for some considerable time TCC and that place is the life blood of our future and no money was or has been made available to carry out that work. Of course the law of the land has to change before safe standing can happen but i cannot really see how it would make sense from a business point of view as it will not increase income. Where exactly will money be made available from because the foreseeable future has us living hand to mouth to maintain the debt free mantra surely ?[/quote]Why do you say that it will not increase revenue when there are definite cases where it could? http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-proposal/the-proposal-continued---the-sumsColney was funded by a bond, that was the business case.

"Why do you say that it will not increase revenue when there are definite cases where it could?"

Stands to reason (pun not intended.)

I''m envisaging that Carrow Road finally hits the 30, 000 if it is carried out efficiently.

Has the screen scuppered the use of that corner for the provision of two or three rows?

Will there be grants to assist in it''s implementation as there were for seating at the time it was introduced?

I cannot see Parliament scuppering the idea ... many of them spend most of PMQs standing in any case.

If as per the proposal here - http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-proposal/the-proposal-continued---the-sums - there are two rows of sanding between rails then a legitimate question would be on how this works re ticketing if/when seating is required.Do season ticket holders get the seat and a casual ticket is unavailable if the match is all-seater and, consequently, there is no drop in price for what would, most to the time, be a standing season-ticket? Or, would there be a "seat supplement" that would be applied for all-seater matches?I''m very much in favour of safe-standing btw.  It''s all about choice.

Just had a look at the link TCC but i am not too sure who these people actually are as no mention of any recognised supporter bodies and it looks to me that those figures are based on a lot of assumptions and i hope that NCFC would produce something more concrete ( see what i did there ? ) to present that business case you speak of  and are you saying that another bond issue should be the way forward to progress this at Carrow Road ? The goodwill of fans will only stretch so far with regard to putting hands in pockets.

There is undoubtedly people who would prefer to stand. As has been said many stand throughout the game anyway. However I''ve noticed during this campaign many people claiming to have signed the petition, and championed safe standing, who won''t be buying a terrace ticket while they''ve got a hole in their backside....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just had a look at the link TCC but i am not too sure who these people actually are as no mention of any recognised supporter bodies and it looks to me that those figures are based on a lot of assumptions and i hope that NCFC would produce something more concrete ( see what i did there ? ) to present that business case you speak of  and are you saying that another bond issue should be the way forward to progress this at Carrow Road ? The goodwill of fans will only stretch so far with regard to putting hands in pockets.[/quote]

No, there does not have to be another bond issue, there are many ways it could be funded but that would be decided nearer the implementation.

Our Chairman will be on Watchdog tonight talkIng about why we want safe standing.

Taking the seats out of the directors box would be a lot cheaper than removing them from the lower Barclay...

As winky has already pointed out Ed is on the telly BBC1 8pm Watchdog tonight talking about safe standing.

The Ed Balls piece on safe standing on BBC1''s Watchdog was very well put together and further helps to reinforce the fact that safestanding areas are the common sense way forward!

Fair play to Balls cause I''ve always seen him a bumbling wally but that was brilliant!

[quote user="kingsway"]The Ed Balls piece on safe standing on BBC1''s Watchdog was very well put together and further helps to reinforce the fact that safestanding areas are the common sense way forward!

Fair play to Balls cause I''ve always seen him a bumbling wally but that was brilliant![/quote]

I was going to say you don’t get to be a member of the UK cabinet if you’re a bumbling wally, but then I remembered Boris Johnson. So, you don’t get a first from Oxford, to teach at Harvard and to write for the Financial Times if you’re a bumbling wally. Tweeting your own name on the other hand...

Ed gets a 1st from Oxford, teaches at Harvard and writes for the FT.......

So then, the Labour supporting electorate who didn''t re-elect Ed, must therefore be a crazy collective of bumbling wallies for their inability to see that Ed''s an intelligent and pure politically talented individual.....?

Politics loss.....NCFC gain.......

The example shown on the programme was, I thought, over cautious and made no concession to the need for increasing capacity, which, imo, should be another advantage gained from safe standing.

Pigs in a pen have less room than the one seat, one standing spectator idea.

I have no thoughts either way as I don''t attend enough games to qualify any opinion.

The fact I would point out is that Celtic, a club with a noisy, enthusiastic and at times volatile crowd have not only been granted permission but gone ahead and put in safe standing.

Why doesn''t the highly qualified aforementioned Ed Balls

1. Attend to matters on the pitch. Dull football equals no atmosphere

2. Do,some research into the cost of installing rail seats it is not cheap and we have higher priorities