Sign in to follow this  
If wed only kept Howie..

Is this messageboard about to disappear?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Does this GDPA apply to fans groups that hold your details within their membership database ?[/quote]
Yes it does, data protection is one of the reasons we didn''t go down the membership route with the social club, glad we didn''t now, because look at how much work is involved in emailing everyone now & deleting the people who don''t reply

[quote user="lake district canary"]Watch out for the scam noticications. I had one from a company I was expecting one from except it wasn''t from them. Very plausible email but just managed to stop myself from responding. Don''t click on anything in an email unless you are sure it is genuine![/quote]Yes. I wouldn''t have parted with my bank details if those busty Russian babes hadn''t assured me they were genuine.They promised me a good time but they''re a little late arriving. Must be something up with the trains.....

I hope it doesn’t shut down and the only outlet we’re left with is the Fan club page on FaceBook.

You think there some idiots on here - you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Theres always Twitter Sparrow, you can pick who u chat to, block anyone you want to ignore, mute people who annoy you, lots of the posters on here are on there even Nutty has found his way round it lol

At the end of the day if they arent going to pay to update the software it will come to a breaking point one day & people will move on elsewhere

[quote user="Diane"]Theres always Twitter Sparrow, you can pick who u chat to, block anyone you want to ignore, mute people who annoy you, lots of the posters on here are on there even Nutty has found his way round it lol

At the end of the day if they arent going to pay to update the software it will come to a breaking point one day & people will move on elsewhere[/quote]
Yes, but my introductory paragraphs alone take up way more than 240 characters...[;)]

[quote user="Diane"]Theres always Twitter Sparrow, you can pick who u chat to, block anyone you want to ignore, mute people who annoy you, lots of the posters on here are on there even Nutty has found his way round it lol

At the end of the day if they arent going to pay to update the software it will come to a breaking point one day & people will move on elsewhere[/quote]
As much as I would love to never read some of Paul Moy''s bilge again, doesn''t twitter, and the fact you can block/mute people,lead you into an echo chamber, where you only hear one opinion?
Even with major faults and all, at least this place you can have debates and arguments with contradictory opinions.

Twitter is OK but 280 characters does stifle the debate.

Also people block others for miniscule reasons- I''m blocked by Chris Lakey for disagreeing with him.

Am I missing something?

How much money and time does it cost Archant to keep this site going?

It must be an advantage for them. Surely many social media sites and forum are so that the originators can pinch ideas.

For instance, they can market Harpic with Double N, the EDL with Paul Moy, most alcoholic drinks with Mr Ben etc and Health and Efficiency with me.

Sunday now and all''s well with the world''s best online football community. Was it all a fuss about nothing or is the end still nigh....

If we''re still here tomorrow will it be safe to post Ray''s Funds at the World Cup?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Am I missing something?

It must be an advantage for them. .[/quote]
Think its more about how much it would cost them to upgrade the software & tfr 1000''s & 1000''s of posts going back 14 years.
Archant have just won all sorts of awards [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2kdj3J-OFo[/url] so I''m surprised they haven''t spruced this up as it lets their website down in my opinion. 

[quote user="Diane"]Theres always Twitter Sparrow, you can pick who u chat to, block anyone you want to ignore, mute people who annoy you, [/quote]
Sound a bit like another forum to me.

Monday evening now and I think we''re still here.
The two constants in all the years I''ve been posting have been "We''re going to hell in a handcart with the cook and her cohorts" and "the end is nigh for this message board, the days of the Pink Un are numbered.
I''d like a quid for everytime a stopped clock has been right while we''ve been waiting for these prophesies to come true.....
Anyway, I''m gonna risk it and post up Rays Funds for the World Cup[;)]

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Am I missing something?

It must be an advantage for them. Surely many social media sites and forum are so that the originators can pinch ideas.

For instance, they can market Harpic with Double N, the EDL with Paul Moy, most alcoholic drinks with Mr Ben etc and Health and Efficiency with me.[/quote]
Given as I am a virtual teetotaler I doubt that would be of much use
and I presume you linkage is to an activity rather than a publication

[quote user="Diane"]I''ve not had an email from the pinkun yet re my data.

My understanding is that anyone who has your data/email address has to get in touch with you to see if they can keep it , then if you say yes they have to keep a record of how and when an individual gave consent, and that individual may withdraw their consent whenever they want.

A nightmare for any clubs that have members, because if they don''t reply to the emails they have to take their details off their records.

Anyone who doesn''t comply can be fined millions ?[/quote]

Not quite Diane, any company can still hold existing personal/sensitive data but companies have to gain MARKETING consent to contact their customers/prospects

If the PinkUn forum want to contact you to see how your day was they can do this as this is what is classed as a ''legitimate interest'' if they contacted you and said buy a yearly subscription of the Pink Un without first you giving consent then they fail to comply with GDPR

As long as you have clicked ''I accept'' on what i would assume is the privacy policy then this is enough for you to be able to use this message board - within this privacy policy they will tell you how they handle your data

The fine is up to £20 million pounds or 5% of the companys annual turnover.

Thanks for that Yobocop, though not too worried about messageboards as this is the only one I use and that''s not too often nowadays.

As you seem in the know how does this affect my gardening club that I belong to who email me newsletters and details of their competitions as they haven''t been in touch yet ?

As long as they are not trying to market to you it should be ok

That sounds like legitimate interest to me