Sign in to follow this  
If wed only kept Howie..

Is this messageboard about to disappear?

STFU - to an extent it will depend on who runs those boards as to whether or not they are in scope for GDPR. Simple fact though, Archant definitely will be in scope for it and it would be nice for sports desk Pete, or some other ''mod'' to set our minds at rest that this is in hand...

Perhaps we can get it all again on catch up.

It''ll be the....

Image result for the saddest day ever meme
My buddy Morty will let me on his board but don''t like the chances of some of you others....
Are there any other boards[:^)]

Over the last couple weeks there has been a marked increase in web & social media sites updating their T&Cs in prep for next months GDPR enactment with little comment or issue.

While there are some minor changes (eg the ability to request to be forgotten and governance around the controls) the main thrust of data security is similar to the Data Protection Act it replaces

I anticipate a seamless change as web based media outlets.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It''ll be the....

Image result for the saddest day ever meme
My buddy Morty will let me on his board but don''t like the chances of some of you others....
Are there any other boards[:^)]
[/quote]What you mean some with more than 3 or 4 posters ?

Sorry to hear that Howie. I''ve had mine. Maybe they''re taking this opportunity for a spot of pruning.....

Anyone else still in the game?

I have assumed that sites that I have used in the past but have totally forgotten about, are emailing me because they have some of my data.

If I delete the ones I am not bothered about, will they delete my data and stop emailing me?

I think if they want to market to you Keelan they have to contact you and give you the chance to opt in. If you ignore them they should remove you from their list.

Watch out for the scam noticications. I had one from a company I was expecting one from except it wasn''t from them. Very plausible email but just managed to stop myself from responding. Don''t click on anything in an email unless you are sure it is genuine!

I think if they want to market to you Keelan they have to contact you and give you the chance to opt in. If you ignore them they should remove you from their list.

Thanks

I''ve not had an email from the pinkun yet re my data.

My understanding is that anyone who has your data/email address has to get in touch with you to see if they can keep it , then if you say yes they have to keep a record of how and when an individual gave consent, and that individual may withdraw their consent whenever they want.

A nightmare for any clubs that have members, because if they don''t reply to the emails they have to take their details off their records.

Anyone who doesn''t comply can be fined millions ?

I believe that by logging in you are agreeing to their terms, if Archant wanted to contact you they have "legitimate reasons" as you are using their site, what they cant do is use your information for other purposes such as 3rd party marketing, so think the board will survive a bit longer.

Does this GDPA apply to fans groups that hold your details within their membership database ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Sorry to hear that Howie. I''ve had mine. Maybe they''re taking this opportunity for a spot of pruning.....

Anyone else still in the game?[/quote]
Have you been contacted yet Nutty by the National Association of Bingo Callers and Bog Cleaners ?

Not only have I been contacted by the NABCBC Tilly. I''ve also been invited to be president this year....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Not only have I been contacted by the NABCBC Tilly. I''ve also been invited to be president this year....[/quote]
Obviously the membership have to approve your invitation with a show of hands at an AGM ? In the circles i mix with that is what happens.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="nutty nigel"]Not only have I been contacted by the NABCBC Tilly. I''ve also been invited to be president this year....[/quote]
Obviously the membership have to approve your invitation with a show of hands at an AGM ? In the circles i mix with that is what happens.
[/quote]

But that''s only because you''re not mixing in the inner circles Tilly, there its just a nod and a wink...

Well yes of course it has to be endorsed at the AGM but it''s sort of "a given" that if you empty the bins and clean the bogs for enough years you get the nod eventually.....