Sign in to follow this  
If wed only kept Howie..

Is this messageboard about to disappear?

Haven''t looked into it but surely if we agree to the collection of our personal data, there shouldn''t be a problem.

perhaps you should look into it.

Don''t want to

I''m sure the views they get on this message board are worth far too much money to advertisers for Archant to let it die.

Perhaps we''ll finally get an update, maybe?

As others have said - aside of email addresses what other data do they have? Can''t see it being a major problem

Will they need to contact everyone to check that we are happy for them to retain our email addresses & details ?

They will probably log everyone off, then when you have to log back in there''ll be a load of terms and conditions. 

Its not just about consent though (and they''ll almost certainly have more PII than just emails, IP addresses, macs, etc) they also need to be able yo evidence controls over it and things like the ability for people to be forgotten. With the costs being incurred by some organisations to meet the requirements it very well might be economically unviable to keep this running in its current state, especially as they''ll most likely have to reengineer the back end...

Good job they''ve had an upgrade waiting in the wings for the last couple of years...or at least SDP said one was coming two years ago

Will it suddenly disappear as if by a thief in the night? Or will we know in advance. If we do the last day could be interesting......

“Morty May ban a few”

Well I wouldn’t be one of those but the likes of Big ears would be in trouble.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Van wink"]It’s not a problem, we can all skip over to norwichtalk.[/quote]I thought I read a message on there recently from it''s founder that it''s closing soon ?[/quote]

I wonder why?

Wasnt working a couple of times and slow to load last night guess having 15 years worth of posts on old software is taking its toll.

We do need to know about the new data protection rules that come into force though, anyone holding people''s contact details are affected as I read it??

I''m getting really worried about this. Does anyone know if I will have to destroy my record of Mr Apples'' pigeon number?

“Will it suddenly disappear as if by a thief in the night? Or will we know in advance. If we do the last day could be interesting......”

I think that might have lost quite a few on here nutty 😉

“I thought I read a message on there recently from it''s founder that it''s closing soon ?”

Still the place for respectful conversation 😁, someone else has taken over that’s all