Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Season ticket renewals

So what could this big news be?

Season tickets will all be sold again this season.

Or

Thousands are not renewing.

In your heart of hearts which would you be hoping for?

Don''t fib now.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So what could this big news be?

Season tickets will all be sold again this season.

Or

Thousands are not renewing.

In your heart of hearts which would you be hoping for?

Don''t fib now.....[/quote]

Dramatic drop in the numbers anything to get the message it’s time for the cook to go

“Thanks for taking the time to post Frank and for such wise words”

I think I’ll go back to disagreeing with you

put the correct words in the correct order and try again

then apologise for calling all City fans racist

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 05/04/2018 9:22 PM:

“Thanks for taking the time to post Frank and for such wise words”

I think I’ll go back to disagreeing with you

Tell you what Frank, look at what''s posted. then decide whether to agree or disagree, best way to behave 😃

A rebate maybe? That’s the only thing I can think of that would be considered ‘big news’?

If it’s just renewal figures I’m not sure they would be teasing an announcement?

If the story is coming from the club (and based on twitter it appears to be) then it’s unlikely to be a huge dip in sales as why would they describe that as “big news.”

So the “big news” is that season tickets are available for purchase after “a few hundred” fans decided not to renew but the club claims over 20,000 have renewed. I find the latter claim very hard to believe.

I heard last week that we''d sold around 20200 at the end of March , so only 1000 down on this time last year

Plus depending on the ins & outs we''re likely to sell a few more hundred before August so will probable end up with around 20500 which is a good effort isnt it?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]So the “big news” is that season tickets are available for purchase after “a few hundred” fans decided not to renew but the club claims over 20,000 have renewed. I find the latter claim very hard to believe.[/quote]Which is more likely, Jim. That the club is flat out lying (a lie that would have to be replicated in the accounts for the 2018/19 season) or that you are just annoyed that your prediction only yesterday of sales falling to perhaps as low as 17,000 has been shown to be way wide of the mark? So annoyed that you failed to make the obvious anti-club point that any clued-in miserabilist would have seized on, that the waiting list presumably has disappeared, which does indicate some falling off in support.

Purple. Yes the waiting list has disappeared but I would also make the point that season tickets are reserved until the final deadline of May 8th and most are also on the direct debit which you do t need to “renew” but can still cancel.

What this therefore suggests is that several hundred fans have actively cancelled their STs, there is no longer a waiting list and that the club is therefore trying to encourage quick sales to potential new ST holders by giving the impression they are still in high demand/short supply.

I still stand by my prediction and we will wait and see. If numbers are indeed around 20,000 then that’s a good effort by our fans given what we have had to watch this season and the levels of disillusionment with the board/owners.

Funny also that this announcement suddenly appears a few days after this thread containing speculation that numbers may be down.

Smells like bull or a Webber smokescreen.

I know 4 people at work with a total of 7 season tickets, only 1 renewing who has only 1 ticket, do the maths.

Plus as other posters have mentioned that the final/real amount of season ticket sales is not known the end of the season.

Just a spin to drum up support after Webber comments.

[quote user="dibbler"]Smells like bull or a Webber smokescreen.

I know 4 people at work with a total of 7 season tickets, only 1 renewing who has only 1 ticket, do the maths.

Plus as other posters have mentioned that the final/real amount of season ticket sales is not known the end of the season.

Just a spin to drum up support after Webber comments.[/quote]
I''m embarrassed on behalf of you.

Just a spin to drum up support after Webber comments.[/quote]If you are drawing a conclusion from this statistical sampling I can only think that you work for a company that was involved in predicting the last election results.

I thought that’s how it’s done.

I didn’t get time to do a full survey. I can only assume that that this very smal snapshot was not the norm.

So as the first installment of the new season ticket is taken on 31 March those who have no intention of renewing are going to let payment be taken until May 8 when they realise they are being charged for a product they don''t want Really?

Just a spin to drum up support after Webber comments.[/quote]Putin is behind this, mark my words.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]So as the first installment of the new season ticket is taken on 31 March those who have no intention of renewing are going to let payment be taken until May 8 when they realise they are being charged for a product they don''t want Really?[/quote]

The above was in response to Jim

This only applies if you pay by direct debt.

If you pay in full your season ticket is reserved until the end of the season.

I feel for the 2000 who have not renewed but I feel more for the 20000 of us who have renewed

They will take this as a positive and continue with the sideways and backwards football

Buckle up it''s going to be a bumpy ride

It''s clearly a bit of spin but that is to be expected.

The positive is 20,000 season ticket holders.

The negative is enough have dropped off that we have some to sell for the first time in ages.

Right now having this many season ticket holders is good news for the club. It only becomes an issue if falling numbers become a trend.

Fair point Year of the Tiger and I suspect most therefore won''t cancel once money has come out of their account. some might, or others may not have been aware of that and may now feel they will give it another season. I think the club benefits from their decision to move to an "opt out" system in this case because you just let things roll on whereas if you had to physically do something to renew then people may think harder about it.

I suppose you can spin things either way and to be honest even if ST levels did go down to 17,000 or 18,000 then that would be very respectable for a championship club who have had two poor seasons on the trot so even in a worst case scenario the figures are still likely to be decent and far better than our friends down the road could hope for.

You could either sell this (as the club are) as just a few season ticket holders deciding not to renew or you could say that with the waiting list gone and probably at least 900 season tickets now available the club has lost circa 3,000 season ticket holders in a relatively short space of time. of course we also don;t know how many of those 20,000 are corporate season ticket holders because the figures given a couple of years ago suggested we had capped numbers at 22,000 with around 1,400 of those being corporate ST''s. If corporate sales have held up well then a few more "fans" may have walked away or vice versa if corporate sales have dipped then less fans are walking away.