Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Both goals today

Came down from crosses where our left back should be! If Husband had been playing left back he would be slated for poor defending! Where the hell was Stiepermann on both goals?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Came down from crosses where our left back should be! If Husband had been playing left back he would be slated for poor defending! Where the hell was Stiepermann on both goals?[/quote]
On the first one, Stiepermann is right there, covering the widest player. Given that there are only two Bolton players there, and Stiepermann is marking one of them on his own, it''s a fair expectation that the FOUR who were on the ball carrier should be preventing the cross. There''s Wildschut, reed, Klose and Trybull all within 5 yards of him when he receives the ball. Only Klose goes with him and fails to stop the cross. Yanic allows the ball through to be played and Klose allows the cross to come in - Stiepermann is exactly where he should be, in the left back spot covering the Right winger.
Pretty difficult to blame Stiepermann there.
On the second one, Stiepermann is too far off the man and allows the ball into the box. I''m pretty sure that came from a throw in where he''d let the ball go out needlessly with a poor/missed touch too so can blame him for that, and he was so far off his man because they took the throw in quickly and he was still tracking back trying to recover but even so, there are 4 City shirts within 3 yards of where the cross comes in, against two Bolton players. Those 4 managed to miss both the first, and second ball, and it''s a great strike for the finish.
Stiepermann has some responsibility for the second, he''s not guilty on the first. Totally incomparable to the absolute horror shows Husband put in to start the season. He''s been better in recent weeks but he has reverted to normal service in the last couple of games.

I’d like to see Stiepermann in midfield - we need the muscle. Husband at left back.

Husband is the better LB. Aside from the first few matches, he''s looked decent and is much more natural in the position. He wasn''t great against Wolves but the he was up against a very strong and quick winger.

Farke needs to decide who his first choice LB is and play them consistently as rotating them both every match isn''t helpful.

[quote user="Clint"]Husband is the better LB. [/quote]
I disagree. I think Husband is SOMETIMES the better LB. Stipermann is consistently in the OK bracket, whereas Husband is either in the Pretty Decent bracket or the "Oh my god how is this useless pr!ck anywhere near my team" bracket. There''s no grey area with him.
Husband is sometimes better than Stiepermann, but sometimes it is genuinely baffling how he is a professional footballer.
Picking Husband is a bit like Russian roulette.
The summary is - we really should have spent the money on fees and wages for those two on Mitchell Dijks and we would be far better off.

Husband is a lower/mid-table Championship left back.

Just as Zimmerman is a lower/mid-table Championship centre back and Watkins is a lower/mid-table championship winger etc etc...

[quote user="king canary"]Husband is a lower/mid-table Championship left back.

Just as Zimmerman is a lower/mid-table Championship centre back and Watkins is a lower/mid-table championship winger etc etc...[/quote]They should all fit in well here then [;)]

Although not anywhere near his biggest fan, I have to admit we are missing Tettey. He was playing well and his energy was lifting the midfield.

While it is easy to blame individuals, such as Stiepermann and Jerome, I think we have gone off form as a team.

Trybull hasn''t been himself for the last two games certainly and Reed just doesn''t want to risk passing more than five yards. Murphy is not going past anyone and Zimmermann has looked slow and coming too far out of the middle.

Klose is coming out from the back which is good but his passing has been poor and Pinto hasn''t hit a decent cross.

Hopefully this general malaise can be cured and return to the form we were on.

Just as Lincoln was too swift in writing our new signings off, some have been too swift to anoint them as great signings. Trybull started well but has tailed off. Zimmerman has had as many poor games as excellent. Reed looked the part early on but now seems lightweight.