Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Hoof it up field

The forward players are not up to the job at the minute and hoofing it up to them would just lead to giving possession away, so that is not the way.  Patience is needed and letting the principles we are adopting develop.  Anything else would be stupid, given the time and money that has gone into setting up things as they are. 

nHoofing it up would get the ball nearer their goal (than ours) than what we are currently doing.Anyone watching the game yesterday would have seen Gunn passing the ball out to defenders umpteen tomes - all very tight. Great to look at but needing only one opposition toe to spoil it all.Too many free kicks are merely rolled to the next player. All very entertaining for members of  www.saddo.com but quite useless for scoring, as the opposition will have simply crowded their box during the time afforded.Simply retaining possession for it''s own ske is not only meaningless but quite tiring bothe physically and mentally.No, I do not want us to become Wimbleon of old but we must take more ''risks'' as with the long ball to Murphy that came from our half. We need to lose the ''fear'' factor.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I''d love to see score a goal on the break, but the way we play, it will never happen. [/quote]Better chance of us scoring during the break at the momenthappy days

ps were you able to watch the game yesterday ?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I WAS AT THE GAME YESTERDAY ![/quote]that generally helps when wanting to watch the game

Bolton were so poor they couldn’t even manage to organise the minutes silence.

We do play direct sometimes but its such a low odds game I can understand Farke trying to avoid it.

Its more about playing a couple less passes between moves. Maddison is quite guilty of it and we lose opportunities to play someone through.

How gratifying it is to see someone take note of my posts, I often feel that no one does. You even started a thread about where I was a few months back.In the general run of things I am not that important - though to you I appear to be so. Monitoring when I post etc.Probably best to get out a bit more. Meet some girls (or boys) .... as in the general run of things I am not that important - though to you I do appear to be so. Monitoring when I post etc.24 posts in 3 years.Only three threads started. Two about me.What an odd little fellow you are.

If you believe in something then you have to stick by your beliefs and be brave enough to continue to believe in it, even when things are going against you. I’m pretty confident that we will see the benefits of this style of play in the second half of the season. It’s very much a work in progress. There are players bedding in to a new league, and young players who are naturally going to blow hot and cold. The last week has been pretty poor, but we are capable of far more, as we have seen.

All work is in progress - and I cannot remember recently when a squad was not attempting to progress.However there have been a fair number of positives, We have seen a number of players brought in at no great expense (wages) who have developed very quick. Players such as Tettey, Klose, Wildschutt have found their old form. Maddison has blossomed beyond what his initial signing promised. There certainly is not the ill feeling within the team on the pitch  - quite the opposite.Yep, we need to stick it out and wait to see what develops.