Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

Poor League

On what basis do you judge the Championship to be the worst for years? This idea gets raised every season we are in this division. So far as I can judge it is no better or worse than any other season.

Interesting, I would say if anything that the Championship is actually improving technically what with higher quality players being imported by the likes of Wolves etc.

I think I agree with the OP.

One or two good players probably way out of their depth but not great overall.

We have played most of the top teams and have only looked second best on one occasion.

And apart from Wolves, who has looked to be able to go on a run. Maybe Bristol City.

Thinking of the year Alex Neil took us up, we were winning week in week out but so was everyone around us.

I don''t see a top six of real quality this season.

Noticed the Championship had improved between 2010 and our first relegation. Now it''s at about the same level in all with 3 ridiculously strong squads in Wolves, Boro and Villa.

Every team either attacks em masse or defends for their lives in games as well. You rarely see two teams go at each other anymore, or try to control games but the, conversely the game is played in a way that can nullify clever tactics, there''s no rhythm to games or time to breathe and asses a situation, no time on the ball. Pace and power win out in this league almost every time and the sums of money being thrown around started to get laughable about 8 years ago. It''s insane now.

It really is a B45t4rd of a league imo. I also think we''ve finally gotten to the point where there''s nothing between top 5 in the Championship and bottom 5 in the PL. Think we''ll see more and more clubs going up and doing well, gonna be harder to get out of this league though now.

I don''t agree.

The championship is as it has always been a tough league to win.

It''s also a hard league to finish in the top six.

So really see no evidence and you don''t really offer any evidence for why this is a poor league.

The championship is as it has always been a tough league to win.

Do you think L1 and L2 are any less harder to win?

It isn''t a question of how hard it is. It is how good the quality is.

Thats right Keelan. it is and always will be a tough league to get out of.too many clubs scared of losing they are negative. must be a poor league ciz scum are above us!

We look dire at home, no idea what to do when we p abiveet anywhere near the opposing penalty nox. we cant break teams down. must play Wes/Olivera as much as poss.

Not a good enough manager for me, we need someone who understands this league. having said that give me the championchip above premier Sh.te anyday

There is no doubt the PL is the easiest to get out of. [;)]
A few years ago I used to do the stats for Rays Funds to see where it was easier to predict results. The PL was the easiest by far. All bar 6 or 7 clubs usually end up with a negative goal difference. The Championship and strangely League Two were the most difficult to predict.

I love the Championship - everyone can beat everyone else, or lose 5-0 to them. Very few teams go on consistent runs.

We are two or three players short of a playoff team. Pritchard is only one of them.

We have to play Wes.

Watkins isn''t good enough for us.

Everybody saw Bolton coming apart from Farke.

Put Fonkeu or Abrahams on the bench instead of having no forward option.

Publicly put a £30m price tag on Maddison. They can have him for that.

Really don''t get the idea that a league can be "poor".  The way I see it, this league gets more competitive every season, with more money coming in to it and each and every team having the ability to beat another on any given day.  Look through the table and tell me who is releagtion fodder this season. Sunderland? Birmingham? Bolton  had a tough start, but had unlucky in matches and had been improving.   The league is tough, strong right down to the bottom place team.