Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Everton want Maddison

Well, that''s according to ESPN, but let''s face it, it would hardly be surprising...

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/3261879/everton-eye-move-for-norwich-midfielder-james-maddison-sources

[quote user="GJP"]Sounds more like Norwich want Everton to want Maddison.[/quote]

Yes, I agree GJP - when you read it, it does basically say that it''s been revealed by ''Norwich sources''. Putting him in the shop window for January perhaps?

[quote user="GJP"]Sounds more like Norwich want Everton to want Maddison.[/quote]

And to think there are still people on this board who think it was only Chase who sold players.

With Pritch due back I would be surprised if they don''t cash in on one or the other by end of January.

Have to guess Pritch is on a lot more money but may be easier to shift Maddison.

James, just be patient, bigger and better clubs will give you a better chance in the PL.

Just to think the previous manager who bought you and Prichard decided neither of you merited a fist team place last season. When Prichard did make the team, and was man of the match, the next week he was not even on the bench.

You both now have a management team who believe in you both.

I dearly would like you to spend a full first team season here, James is the biggest talent we have had here since Bellars!

Be careful what you wish for Madders, you might find yourself back in the Championship, the grass is not always greener, just ask Murphy.

Maybe it isn''t just about football for him, if he gets a move, massive salary increase, signing on fee, etc , etc! Short career so who would blame him for moving on. Most of us would if we were in his boots!

It''s the footballing food chain. I can''t imagine that none of the 20 Premier League clubs would make an enquiry about him in (or before) January. All depends on him and his agent - if we''re in or around the playoffs he might stay until the summer. Even if we do somehow get promoted then the likelihood is that he''d have been instrumental in that, and thus attracting even more interest. Best-case scenario is a top-six club buy him in the summer and then give him back to us on loan for a year.If he wants to leave in January, getting two or three clubs into a bidding war is about the best we can hope for - and maybe sell him to a club who''ll loan him back to us for the second half of the season. It''s gutting, but it''s where we are right now.

As Hog points out, I doubt he''s the kind of player Everton are looking for at the moment. Unless it''s to take a gamble on his future development.

I don''t see him troubling the first 11 of many Prem clubs for now but there could be a desperation signing - like Jacob and Newcastle.

I’m sure they do, along with a host of other clubs. It would be in both Ours and Maddison’s best interests to wait until the end of the season before deciding on his future. He’s only just broke into the team and played at this level. The last thing he needs now is to go to the PL and sit on the bench or reserves and then get loaned out

For  f*** sake, he''s here, he''s not been sold, he''s not even had one season in the championship, he hasn''t been as big an influence in the last three matches - and needs building up a bit (imo) - and he is under a long contract here.  He would be daft to move to one of the lesser PL clubs - he needs no more stepping stones, we are the real deal for him and if he continues to score brilliant goals and do well this season, then the very top clubs will soon be after him.   Everton?? Relegation fodder this season.

[quote user="lake district canary"]For  f*** sake, he''s here, he''s not been sold, he''s not even had one season in the championship, he hasn''t been as big an influence in the last three matches - and needs building up a bit (imo) - and he is under a long contract here.  He would be daft to move to one of the lesser PL clubs - he needs no more stepping stones, we are the real deal for him and if he continues to score brilliant goals and do well this season, then the very top clubs will soon be after him.   Everton?? Relegation fodder this season.[/quote]Everton to get relegated? Do me a favour. I''d lump on them at 12/1 with William Hill if you''re that sure. They''ve got a billionaire manager and a new owner on the way. The main reason that Everton wouldn''t be the right move for Everton is Gylfi Sigurdsson, not relegation.I believe Arsenal and Liverpool were scouting him when we swooped to sign him from Coventry, so I''d be very surprised if he isn''t already being monitored. I''d love you to be right, Lakey, but I''d say there''s as much chance of him being here next season as there is of Everton being in the Championship.I am still hopeful that he might see ''doing a Brady'' and joining a Burnley-type club in January as not the best move for his development, but the harsh reality is that if someone comes in and offers £15m or above then it won''t just be his agent showing him the door...

Ahem... *that Everton wouldn''t be the right move for Maddison.But you worked that out. Wonder if we''ll be allowed an edit button once Archant have dealt with the threat posed by the millennium bug?

They may be relegation fodder this season but they are still a big club in English football. I wouldn’t blame him at all by having his head turned if this is true. That said I think career wise he needs to be playing regularly now, but the same applied to Murphy and he still went to sit on a bench

I think (therefore I am) our league position come Jan 1st will deter‎mine our transfer policy.

If we are up there I hope we will hang on to most until the season ends, however if we are not and the board feels promotion is unlikely I expect a fire sale, insomuch they will listen to offers for just about any player and if course that includes, Maddison, Pritchard, Klose, Murphy, Oliviera, Naismith, Pinto, etc. 

‎If we are up there but don''t make it then the fire sale maybe postponed until the summer but  (if)

‎Naismith and Klose are on a joint wage approaching £100,000 per week then I suspect they will be sold and the loss absorbed. If Naismith is not going to be played then probably best to do a deal and settle with a pay off, he  may prefer to stay and collect of course.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]And so it begins. Didn''t take long for the vultures to circle.[/quote]

Its not the vultures circling. It looks more like us starting to try and get a bidding war going so we can flog him in January to sustain our new "self funding" future.

[quote user="lake district canary"]For  f*** sake, he''s here, he''s not been sold, he''s not even had one season in the championship, he hasn''t been as big an influence in the last three matches - and needs building up a bit (imo) - and he is under a long contract here.  He would be daft to move to one of the lesser PL clubs - he needs no more stepping stones, we are the real deal for him and if he continues to score brilliant goals and do well this season, then the very top clubs will soon be after him.   Everton?? Relegation fodder this season.

[/quote]

Everton, one of the lesser premier league clubs!? What planet are you on? They’ve had a bad start to the season but they are a huge premier league club, and one of the better clubs for madders to move to with their reputation and tradition for playing and nuturing young talent.

Everton are not a top six club and are one of the also rans in the PL. I''ve seen them play a few times this season and they are utter cack. Their defenders are slow and lacking in confidence and there are plenty of better teams in the PL - and Rooney will not be enough to stop them having a very difficult season, imo.