Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Hill

McVeigh dropped!!!!

[quote]Can''t believe McVeigh''s been dropped tonight after the great game he had on Saturday. Hope NW knows what he''s doing![/quote]

That would be an real kick in the teeth for the wee man - played superbly, everything good about the performance went through him and then gets dropped as someone on a bigger salary comes in!?!

That would be outrageous - if true.

OTBC

What a pointless post!

You state an opinion as fact just to create a response. If you''re just guessing, then phrase your thread title better.

Judge Worthy AFTER you see the team sheet - if you''re right I''ll agree with you, just don''t accuse with only an OPINION to back yourself up!

Sorry... Ok got a bit of inside info. from a friend who works in the hotel the team is staying at. He''s definitely dropped. What is everyone''s opinion? I think NW is stupid to change the team after they played well on Saturday.

"Johnny Hill is an Ipswich fan".Well, he might be. If true, I think it''s outrageous that he''s posting on here. In fact, he should be taken out and shot right away.

How would someone working at the hotel find out the team?

Anyway, if he is dropped I will be well annoyed. You cannot change a team after you''ve just got your first win of the season. And especially as McVeigh played better than some defenders, and McVeigh gets dropped but the defenders don''t. Doesn''t make sense. McVeigh was one of our better players on Saturday, and even Worthy said himself that he played very well.

I think you should give the "inside info" stuff a rest. All this "friend of a friend" stuff won''t convince many people on this forum, so you''re wasting your time. Come back when you have facts people can see.I actually have a bad feeling Worthy will play Lisbie not McVeigh, it seems inevitable given his track record, but if I were posting that opinion it would be with the title "I think McVeigh will be dropped" which now that I look at it is a pretty pointless thread anyway.

Good grief! Try to give you all a bit of pre-match info and everyone treats it with the utmost suspicion. King of Latvia, are the players not allowed to speak to each other after the team news is given to them? My friend overheard a couple of the players talking and said that McVeigh had played well on Saturday and didn''t think he should be dropped.  Lets see the team tonight. PS Definitely not a tractor fan!!!!!!!! 

It doesn''t really matter if he played well on Saturday. He had LOTS of space on Saturday against a poor Plymouth side and it was great to see him in the first team.  Watford are a differnt proposition altogether, well organised and physical which may not suit WLY. 

We do have a big squad with good cover so Worthy would be a bad manager if he didn''t pick the players needed to do a particular job, depending on the opposition.

By the way, I would love to see him start tonight, bag a hat-trick and go on to be our player of the season. I think he would die for this club and we all love that don''t we?

It is true. He has been dropped for Lisbie. Just another nail in the coffin of NW if things go against NCFC tonight. Probably has to justify signing Lisbie on loan - that''s the only reason.  I think he should go on strike. Refuse to leave in January and go for a Bosman next June. NW is a plonker!!! 

C''mon the Hoops!!!

Really? REALLY? You actually think Worthy would choose not to put out the strongest 11 on purpose, to see if he could lose us the game?

If he does change it, it will be because he thinks he''s putting out a stronger team as a result, or one better suited to this game, not because of any contractual obligation, or favouritism. I mean, how did he get us promoted if he''s that completely lacking in managerial nous? Must have been some sort of miracle!!

And if you think he changes the team on a whim, go talk to the other people who think he never drops players and see if you can reach some agreement ;-)

Really? REALLY? You actually think Worthy would choose not to put out the strongest 11 on purpose, to see if he could lose us the game?

And if you think he changes the team on a whim, go talk to the other people who think he never drops players and see if you can reach some agreement ;-)

I agree with Weston Canary.  Watford will be a different kettle of fish, they will be much more physical than Plymouth were.  Plymouth made us look good on Saturday, rather than us really hammering them.  Iwan once said of WLY, ''when he plays, he plays'', but I can just see him getting battered upfront in this type of match.

With a number of midweek fixtures this season NW is going to chop and change team selection, ever if we are winning.  Lisbie will be chomping at the bit to play, and he''s only with us for 4 weeks, so NW is going to use him.  He did enough on Saturday to show is pace and vision, and he will have been bedded in at colney now.

...would people be saying the same thing if Davenport was replacing Fleming?

Be interesting to see posts tomorrow morning, if Lisbie plays well and scores.

if this is true it will be a right kick in the teeth for WLY. He worked hard and got the goal, but you can understand it in one way, we only have lisbie for a month, we might aswell use him while we can........

sorry paul, you will get your chance again sometime

Well if you put it like that, maybe it is true. You could have told us all details in the original message.So if this is true and he is dropped, why on earth does Worthy keep Leon in when he''s playing so poorly and then drop McVeigh when he''s played well? Worthy''s always going on about dropping people when they play poorly. So stupid if McVeigh doesn''t start. And if that is the case lets hope Worthy brings him on half hour-20 mins from the end and he can go and score the winner, that would be good.

You know, sometimes I wonder about some of the people who post on here. For months everyone has have been clamouring for new signings and/or loan players.

Now that we''ve got Lisbie & Davenport, what is Worthy supposed to do - have them sitting on the bench no doubt. 

Personally I can''t see any point in getting loan players if you don''t play them especially if they''re only here for a month and if they better than what we''ve got - Worthy must believe this or why did he go after them.

Worthy obviously thinks that Lisbie is a better option than McVeigh and in all honestly, I''d have to give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, McVeigh and the like have had more than enough chances without producing the goods on a regular basis.

One "own goal" doesn''t change things that much. 

[quote]Or maybe it could be 1st wiz with a new name situation know what I mean.[/quote]

Do know what ? The same thought struck me. You could well be right mate !

Hmmm the style is familiar .

Factor into the argument the fact that McVeigh only played against Plymouth as we were down the the bare bones as regards forwards and Lisbie only arrived about 24 hours before the Plymouth match, after Worthers stated that he''d spent the week working on sytems and formations with the available players at his disposal. McVeigh wasn''t chosen ahead of any of our star players, he was played because he was deemed the best of the rest...

Now that Lisbie has had time to settle and find his feet, he''s bound to be prefered to McVeigh as he''s brought in to play games, rather than to feature sporadically as a squad player. It makes sense to me, and in all honesty, I can''t see why there is any need for discussion - McVeigh knows what he needs to do to start and in Worthers eyes, it would certainly appear that he''s still not quite knuckling down to deserve any more than bit-parts... 

Norwich: Green, Colin, Shackell, Fleming, Drury, Marney, Safri,
Hughes, Brennan, Ashton, Lisbie. Subs: Jarrett, McVeigh,
Gallacher, Davenport, Doherty.

Watford: Foster, Chambers, Mackay, Carlisle, Stewart, Devlin,
Blizzard, Spring, McNamee, Young, King. Subs: Chamberlain,
DeMerit, Doyley, Bouazza, Bangura.

I think some of you may owe Mr Hill an apology, he seemed to be well informed........some of you are quick to point the finger but slow to put your hands up when wrong

OTBC

St.John