Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Ten days ago...

I wasted time.........now time wastes me

or perhapsshort time seems long in sorrow''s sharp sustaining.

At least we are not now moaning about lack of activity on the board and blaming it on Pete for his red card.

Is as I said to you a few weeks ago in the pub, when things are going well there is less to talk about, but when things aren’t going well everybody has an opinion about how it should be changed.

It’s one of the things that make football what it is, and it’s a damn site better than constantly talking about Brexit!

indeed Eddie; 3 defeats on the bounce is not great and nobody likes it, but the reaction is simply bizarre, knee jerk and OTT. 13th isnt where we want to be but it is just 4 pts of the play offs, which is nothing with 30 games still to go.

I dont expect us to make the play offs, we are simply not creating enough chances, and while I am loving the look of the trybull / maddison revolution I am far from convinced that they can create what we need from the current approach (an approach that allowed Klose to have 101 touches, 16 more than any other player, and possession for 8.5 mins of the game) And thats before we get to the issue of taking the few poor quality chances we do create.

We do have the quality to create - we just need to find that balance quickly. If we can find it by Xmas there is no reason why current gap cannot be closed.

I have no expectations of anything other than an 6th-14th finish - but the worrying signs are balanced by the encouraging ones.

I have had a serious twitter cull of the worst offenders as I simply can be bothered with fans who appear to relish the negative.

Its a long season - and I am expecting many more twists and turns.

[quote user="Baldyboy"] It’s one of the things that make football what it is, and it’s a damn site better than constantly talking about Brexit![/quote]

There''s often not much else on here oh hairless one.

Be even worse next week with no game.

Is it because we have so many in the German squad?

Why is there less to talk about when we''re doing well? There''s certainly less to be miserable about and less to moan about. But less to talk about? Really??

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Why is there less to talk about when we''re doing well? There''s certainly less to be miserable about and less to moan about. But less to talk about? Really??[/quote]"Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows’  Hamlet (cigar ad 1978)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Why is there less to talk about when we''re doing well? There''s certainly less to be miserable about and less to moan about. But less to talk about? Really??[/quote]

It depends on your perspective really, when things are going well you are just as quiet as everybody else Nigel, but when everybody’s moaning as you call it you are moaning about people moaning! How strange!

I''m not moaning Baldy. I love it when this place is busy. I just wish it was so busy when we are doing well. If you''re suggesting I''m not around when things are good then I''m afraid you''re talking poppycock.☺

Pretty much how i see it ZLF. Im hopeful for playoffs but not expecting them. Ive enjoyed seeing players like Husband, Zimmerman, Stiepermann bed in and prove to the likes of Lincoln that they have something to offer. Im interested to see if they can improve moreso.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m not moaning Baldy. I love it when this place is busy. I just wish it was so busy when we are doing well. If you''re suggesting I''m not around when things are good then I''m afraid you''re talking poppycock.☺[/quote]

I know you are around every day it’s there for all to see 😄

There has been an enormous amount of change since last season and the jury is out on both management and players. We had a bad start and a good run followed by a bad run. We don''t know what will come next. We are well above the bottom three but not far off top 6. Now until Christmas will confirm or otherwise our hopes and fears. For the first time in a long time we go into a transfer window fearing sales rather than debating arrivals

By the looks of it the jury has returned and given the verdict Yorkie. Season tickets not being renewed. Refunds wanted because we didn''t win another away game. Coveting Portsmouth and the binners. If that''s the jury still out I''d hate to see what the verdict could become!😉

I would have thought it''s pretty obvious why supporters have more to say when we''re not performing than they do when we''re winning.

Why would posters be critical when we are playing well? Would you expect to see calls for changes when the team is winning? It''s when we are not performing over a period that people begin to get restless and start posting with their opinions on what is wrong and what they think needs to be done to get back on track.

Why would you want to call for changes to a winning team?

I think young master nutty might be suggesting that not all posters on here are green and yellow and some may well have a whiff of bin about themYhus only appearing when there is something to attack the club withI tend to agree

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]I would have thought it''s pretty obvious why supporters have more to say when we''re not performing than they do when we''re winning.

Why would posters be critical when we are playing well? Would you expect to see calls for changes when the team is winning? It''s when we are not performing over a period that people begin to get restless and start posting with their opinions on what is wrong and what they think needs to be done to get back on track.

Why would you want to call for changes to a winning team?[/quote]If this message board is only about being critical then you''d have a point but you can come on here a applaud the good stuff as well, it just seems that some posters only want to criticise or perpetuate thier personal agenda against a player or players, board member or member of the management team/backroom staff.

Human nature isn''t it?

How many of us when we receive good service actually contact the provider to praise them? Considerably less than when things go wrong.

Same applies with football, and what one fan is prepared to accept, albeit short term, another won''t.

Both are entitled to air their views, and neither is right or wrong.

There is also an awful lot less to debate after a win isn''t there? There is only so many ways people can say ''I thought we played well'' or ''Really impressed by Klose today.'' Especially as it can feel very churlish to question anything post a win.

For me it''s less about the amount of posts but the post-ers that happen to go missing when we''re doing well...completely.

@Hogesar

Oh yes. I like to think though that I''ve got a reasonably well tuned BS filter that has, over time, given me a decent picture of who is worth replying to and who isn''t. Easy enough to filter out the likes of Highland and co.

I think it depends what you use the board for. What moves you to post. What moves you to speak out. Discontent is a great motivator. What Daniels, Kingo and Greavsy seem to be saying is they dont like to share their happiness and contentment but love sharing their misery and anger. I agree with them....