Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

Youngstars

Hi all,

Unfortunately I don''t get to the U23''s games, and whilst I was writing the possible team sheet out for next season (I was bored with 10 mins spare) I wondered what younger players could potentially fill the gaps that will appear.

Do any of you have any insight/opinions into what u23''s are close to the jump up at 1st team (not withstanding those on loan/injured: Godfrey, Lewis, Thompson etc)

I put into the squad:

Cantwell, Phillips, Middleton, Abrahams.

Bear in mind the only 2 I''ve heard are close are Phillips and Middleton. But given Cantwell was on the bench a few weeks ago and Abrahams seems to have created quite the impression I included them.

Godfrey, Lewis and Thompson will definitely be in the fold. I feel sorry for Lewis, who would certainly have been competing with Husband for that LB slot as he was very impressive in pre-season. Godfrey has always been a good prospect, and Thompson would again probably have featured not for his injuries. Raggett will also move into the team once his loan has finished of course.

As for the others, it is probably a season too soon for them. They will get chances, probably in cup games, and obviously Cantwell has indeed been on the bench a few times when our squad has been light due to injuries so is obviously considered good enough to be involved with the squad.

I used to attend U23''s regularly but sadly haven''t been able to get down much this season.