Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

BBC Football survey thingy

Ha!

It does tie into a more serious question that I have asked before though- if we''re going with this self funding model and it leads to a few years of mid-table Championship football then how can we can continue to justify our prices?

According to the BBC survey our cheapest season ticket is the most expensive in the division, despite being frozen for a few years. That can''t last if we stay at this level.

[quote user="king canary"]Ha!

It does tie into a more serious question that I have asked before though- if we''re going with this self funding model and it leads to a few years of mid-table Championship football then how can we can continue to justify our prices?

According to the BBC survey our cheapest season ticket is the most expensive in the division, despite being frozen for a few years. That can''t last if we stay at this level.[/quote]If they sell them all and there''s still a waiting list then they can justify the prices.I know the survey is just about the cost of going to a match but if the attendance at the matches is in the 90% of capacity bracket then the price structure fits the demand. Other clubs who have a lower % will set their prices accordingly.

It will be justified by the take up ie the market will determine pricing and I''m sure the club is well able to adjust prices to adapt to (and stimulate) demand

It''ll be a tough balancing act though- our revenue is quite reliant on ticket sales so any drop off will be felt keenly.

I''m just not as certain as others that our support will hold up through a lean spell. Could obviously be wrong though.

[quote user="king canary"]It''ll be a tough balancing act though- our revenue is quite reliant on ticket sales so any drop off will be felt keenly.

I''m just not as certain as others that our support will hold up through a lean spell. Could obviously be wrong though.[/quote]First of all the ''lean spell'' has to happen and then the club can react but at present the prices reflect the current demand.

I feel a comparison of the median adult season price would be more interesting. Not trying to make excuses but aside from having obstructed views in the corners you get a decent view of the match and unlike some clubs there’s no seats high in the sky or in wooden stands either.

That said. Ipswich’s cheapest being the third most expensive while half filling their stadium each week is superb!

Not only the highest cheapest ticket in the championship but also the 8th highest in the country, are you getting value for money?

I''ve got a bastard great pillar in my view, I''d love to see Deliar dare raise prices after the crap served up this season

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]So de liar now gets edited back to Delia, isn''t archant the little club bitch[/quote]
That would be your own auto-correct on your phone or whatever. It''s not Archant, although the implication is a little funny in itself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171Double the price Hull and Fulham fans are paying, £100 more than Leeds and QPR and almost £200 more than Derby and Villa, the most expensive ST''s in the Championship.And the only voices of dissent?  A FFS backed campaign earlier this year for cheaper ticket prices for AWAY fans.Where is NCISA when you need them?

VFM.......Yes soiree!

Top class entertainment don''t come cheap........HUZZAH!

First renewal deadline date in January 2018......not that far away. I do hope they raise the prices of the season tickets so we can compete with the ''big boys''.......Onwards an'' Upwards!

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]And proof that the club tell archant what can and can''t be posted on this forum[/quote]It is only proof that Archant - quite properly -deletes defamatory accusations/descriptions.

Just think of all that money we would now be getting if the club had had a bit more ''hambition'' and increased the ground to 35,0008000 more tickets at £500 a pop..... that''s £4m or so a year, knock off bit for discounts  and it''s still plenty of moneywho needs an ''hinvestor'' when you can build you way to success

......and Smith must score. wrote the following post at 2017-11-16 1:37 PM:

king canary wrote:

That''ll be cheapest adult season ticket- are they wrong?

Yes they are. It''s £499.50.

Sack the BBC Big Smile [:D]

Depending on when you purchase! They do not include incentives but base prices!