Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Nelson

My next door neighbours son has a girlfriend and her mums cousin knows someone who works at Carrow Road. [;)]No seriously it is creeping around the city that NO is no longer settled here and wants away when the opportunity arises. Not all rumours believe it or not get started on social media.Is it really surprising when you look at his playing history that despite his ability he hardly stays anywhere for too long.

I''ve not seen any lack of effort or commitment from him when he;s played and in fact his public comments have generally reaffirmed that he wants to play and be with us.

What I have seen is Farke unnecessarily flogging him into the ground at Arsenal and bringing him on in other games when he did not appear to be fit.

All depends I suppose on whether he really is injured or is in fact feigning minor injuries because he has fallen out with Farke but i''ve seen nothing to suggest the latter nor to give credibility to these rumours nor to suggest he does not want to play for and succeed with us.

If we do sell him in January it will be very disappointing and I really have no faith that any significant proportion of what we might receive would be spent on a new striker.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]So by getting rid of Olivera and Jerome who do we play up front?[/quote]I''ve said it to friends and the people who sit near me at the game for some time.... Nelson is a great striker but the way he acts, his temperament etc. is not condusive to our new ''way'' forward. I still can''t believe his antics at the start of the season.As for replacements up front... Kieffer Moore is doing rather well. What a shame he belongs to the dirty blue chaps from down the road! Since when did Ipswich start getting more lethal strikers than ours?? [:$]

Apart from his little outburst against Fulham there is nothing to suggest Nelson has a bad attitude.

He is a top rate Championship striker and Norwich would be foolish to sell him unless they really have to. Hopefully a good recovery away in Portugal will see him come back fit and refreshed and ready to help Norwich score the goals they so desperately need.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]My next door neighbours son has a girlfriend and her mums cousin knows someone who works at Carrow Road. [;)]No seriously it is creeping around the city that NO is no longer settled here and wants away when the opportunity arises. Not all rumours believe it or not get started on social media.Is it really surprising when you look at his playing history that despite his ability he hardly stays anywhere for too long.[/quote]To be honest Tilly I''ve been a bit concerned about Oliviera since all that nonsense at Fulham on the opening day. However good a player is if that player has an ego the size of a house it usually ends in tears. If he doesn''t want to be here it''s no good trying to convince him otherwise so if all this is true then ship him out asap.If we do sell it''s blindingly obvious we must invest all and more of the proceeds on a decent forward as poor old Jerome seems to have lost the plot completely this season.The quality of player we might get is unlikely to be in Oliveira''s class.In truth we could do with two replacements.

Just posted a pic on Instagram of him scoring vs Villa with the caption: "Missing this feeling. Can’t wait to be back 👆🏼⚽️🔰 #norwichcity" I''ve seen nothing to suggest anything other than that he''s extremely frustrated by his injury woes and is desperate to get back. Can''t believe people are writing him off as a trouble maker/bad egg over his one outburst at Fulham...whilst only going off the Instagram activity of him and the likes of Maddison /Josh Murphy, he''s popular in the dressing room.

I prefer evidence to rumours - Oliveira seems as committed to us as ever from his latest instagram post 👍

We need to keep hold of him, and get him fit quick. Quality player.

is this entire thread based on nothing?

Other than Fulham, what other incidents have their been? And since then, he has probably the best mins/goal ratio in the league?

[quote user="Alex "]I prefer evidence to rumours - Oliveira seems as committed to us as ever from his latest instagram post 👍

We need to keep hold of him, and get him fit quick. Quality player.[/quote]I fear that may put you in a minority, Alex [:(]

Try not to jump to conclusions people. Remember that totally BS Grabban/Johnson rumour that got spread around so much it became fact among supporters.

I''d cash in because of his injury record and how badly we need fit competition for Jerome, especially when you look at what Webbers done with other positions on a budget. He signed Kachunga for about a Million as well I believe. We sell and get a couple of replacements great, he comes back and gets a longer run in the side, even better. Even a cut price deal would give us decent money to work with.

If we see evidence then start getting on the players back, if not then keep your powder dry and try to avoid spreading the rumour around because it''ll do us and the player nothing but harm.

Wow look at all the cretins on this forum jumping on Oliveira''s back regarding wanting out with ZERO evidence to back it up. Truly embarrassing.

"Wow look at all the cretins on this forum jumping on Oliveira''s back regarding wanting out with ZERO evidence to back it up. Truly embarrassing."

I can think of quite a lot more things in the life to be embarrassed about than an opinion about a footballer.

Signed a "cretin."

P.S. Olly''s contribution to the cause has to be a bit more than we currently benefit from to convince me that he is 100% behind us.

You non cretins might enlighten me perhaps.

As far as I am aware, he''s back and is fit. Whether that means he plays is a different story because rather than falling out with the management I''m not sure he ever fell in with them. I feel he will be off in January as our manager is used to managing U23s and not ''mavericks''. I guess we shall see as time will tell.

''Whether that means he plays is a different story because rather than falling out with the management I''m not sure he ever fell in with them.''

Is that based purely on the Fulham incident? Because that was months ago now...

I don''t think it is a particularly bold prediction to say if Nelson leaves we won''t go up.

Also someone suggesting Kieffer Moore as a replacement? Bloody hell.

[quote user="Ray"]As far as I am aware, he''s back and is fit. Whether that means he plays is a different story because rather than falling out with the management I''m not sure he ever fell in with them. I feel he will be off in January as our manager is used to managing U23s and not ''mavericks''. I guess we shall see as time will tell.[/quote] Is being a "maverick" a recommendation? What matters surely is what the "maverick" actually contributes to the team over the season. As of now I''m inclined to think there are probably a good many U23s who could contribute as much and maybe more than Oliveira. 

@Westcoast

Bahahahaha, whut? Is that a serious post? There are certainly no under 23''s playing for Norwich who could contribute close to what Nelson does.

wcc, that entirely depends on their readiness. I mentioned this in a thread a few days ago. Who would be able to go up top and not have their confidence sapped should they not be read for the Champ? Morris seems the only candidate, many don''t agree. Unfortunately I haven''t seen him play but the EDP journos reckon the lad has something to offer and is a lot more agile than his frame suggests.

''As of now I''m inclined to think there are probably a good many U23s who could contribute as much and maybe more than Oliveira''

That''s one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read. If we had an U23 that contribute even half of what Nelson can offer then they would have been involved over the last few weeks when we have had a completely limp attack - not one has even featured on the bench.

On his day he is one of the best strikers in the league -

even in an injury hit season the stats back this up. Nelson may have ego/attitude problems, but so does Ronaldo...

Fwiw - Ronaldo is known to be a good guy in the changing room/off the pitch etc. Known to look after his team mates. He''s not a divisive figure.

He just has self belief and determination by the bucket loads.

Westcoast,

I make no other comment on maverick, other than to say the right manager with the right maverick could set the world alight.

I have no idea what Nelsons intentions are, if hes a bad egg or whatever. But his entire career until us has mostly been loan spells. That doesnt necessarily say anything, but it could.

@king canary
@Rogue Baboon
How about you think a bit more before you start the rubbishing? The reference to U23 players came from Ray, who was questioning Daniel Farke''s management experience. In that context, there are indeed a lot of talented "U23s" all over the world, many on the fringes of playing for top teams, and certainly capable of playing in the Championship. Furthermore, it doesn''t matter how good Nelson Oliveira is in principle, what matters is what he actually contributes. So far (and please note I said "as of now" in my original post), he''s been on the field for less than a third of the time played, scored 4 goals and made zero assists. I think it''s perfectly possible that Stuart Webber could find an "U23" who would contribute every bit as much, or more. Oliveira is, as Parma says, "a weapon", but a flawed one whose value to us is diminished by factors ranging from fitness and attitude to certain aspects of his play. We should be looking to bring in a longer term replacement who will be as, or more, effective.

[quote user="hogesar"]I have no idea what Nelsons intentions are, if hes a bad egg or whatever. But his entire career until us has mostly been loan spells. That doesnt necessarily say anything, but it could.[/quote]

I understand that Lady Hamilton thought a lot of him but he didn''t leave her in a very good state either.[Y]