Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Nelson

[quote user="ricardo"]I believe he returned in a barrel of Brandy and was buried in Westminster Abbey.[/quote]

I thought this was a post about The Inner Circle. [:D]Oh and for the avoidance of doubt City1st i am not following you around. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I thought this was a post about The Inner Circle. [:D]Oh and for the avoidance of doubt City1st i am not following you around. [;)][/quote]it must be some other furtive looking chap dodging from doorway to doorway behind me..........wearing size 12 boots

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Anyone know if Nelson is back from Portugal and in training[/quote]My money is on him being sold in the January transfer window.

''He hasn''t really seemed to have ''fitted in'' since Farke took over, and is not ''delivering '' either.Maybe it is time to move on.

Pub talk rumour he''s had a falling out with coaching staff over his lack of fitness and has gone home to Portugal. Hopefully not, as still our top scorer.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Pub talk rumour he''s had a falling out with coaching staff over his lack of fitness and has gone home to Portugal. Hopefully not, as still our top scorer.[/quote]Captain P that is what i have heard and that he is in no hurry to come back before the transfer window opens.

Heard he has no interest being here. If so get rid of him

We''re going nowhere this season on current form

The man''s a dick and seems (nb) to be undermining our efforts despite his good moments.

He joins the list of players who, for various reasons, we could do well to cash in on.

I would include the obvious ones as Naisy and Jarvis, add to that young Murphy, with some reservation and, extremely reluctantly, Klose and maybe even Jerome.

They do not seem to quite gel with the current direction we are intent upon going, yet each and every one are useful on their day.

We need some new blood, especially up front, and that requires a clear out.

I will elucidate:

Dolly ... we know why. Or do we.

Naismith ... wages and continued failure to produce,

Jarvis ... who?

Murphy ... talented youngster who blows hot and cold. Not one to rely upon and who has a reputation that overstates his overall contribution.

Klose .. Love the man, but he exists at a price. He is an asset that could be replaced more economically (Handley, Zimmo, Raggert) and he has flaws.

Jerome .. one up front reqires a more of a goal machine.

Yet another clear out then, but a half a season is a long time in football.

Who said anything about "getting rid of."

The operative words were that we "could do well by cashing in on."

It''s a wish list more than a click of the fingers and won''t happen in an instant..

It seems that Daniel Farke needs funding in order to continue with his vision for our future and getting an alternative strike force has become a priority for achieving this "for various reasons."

Both Oliveira and Jerome seem to be reducing in value by the months "for various reasons."

Broadstairs,

As I have said elsewhere, if we are not up amongst them come January I think we will see a few go to fund some young/ fresh blood whilst relying on some of the older players to see us through the rest of the season and into the next as they hand over the mantle.

"As I have said elsewhere, if we are not up amongst them come January I think we will see a few go to fund some young/ fresh blood whilst relying on some of the older players to see us through the rest of the season and into the next as they hand over the mantle."

Exactly which is why that if we are in with a decent shout come the January window then we should beg, borrow or steal in order to get in a worthwhile striker.

You cannot run a life, let alone a football club, without taking a risk when opportunities present themselves. Being timid only gets you a stagnation that relies upon luck to improve upon.

(Although that last piece of philosophically deep thinking can be discounted if our well-planned emphasis upon youth development and buying young prospects in bears fruit.)

If we are out of the picture then the revolution continues.

We need funds, but not I suspect as many as many fear.

He''ll have a chance at going to the World Cup. And he might well think that chance gets stronger if he makes a particular move in January.

Broadstairs,

You mentioned, ''luck'' which I say is where opportunity and preparedness meet.

If Oliveira cannot knuckle down to his job then he can certainly ''be'' off. Though I''m not so sure a player with his apparent temperament would be a welcome addition to an international squad.i don''t doubt that all this has already been chewed over numerous times by Webber, Farke etc and i''m sure they have players altready lined up for every eventuality. One of those being if a player leaves through a hefty fee/wages being offered.What we don''t want is another ''bertie big boll ox; who thinks he is bigger than the club and deserves to be elsewhere. What has impressed me about the German lads is their valuation of where they now are and the need to earn their place. Too many players come through the system with the wrong words being whispered in their ears, and believe all they have to do is turn up.What is gratifying is that most on here can see who is committed, who is not - who will move on and why. And with Oliveira we now have a communal scapegoatSo in Portuguese I shall say boooo

All this based on an unsubstantiated rumour City 1st? At least you haven''t resorted to the heinous crime of quoting the details of his contract to reinforce your claims of his not knuckling down to do his job.

Its an odd one where the ego seems to be hindering the player.

His strike rate this season is exceptional but he doesnt seemed to have sussed that by playing and scoring we will almost certainly make the play off is a season where the difference between all bar Wolves is wager thin. Surely that profile would be enough to continue to support his wc hopes.

Going to another club and not playing probably wont help him; nor will not playing. On the plus side taking a two month winter break will at least leave his tender groin/calf/teeth/ego fit and ready for the summer.

Disappointing that such an alleged poor attitude will hinder our progress.

Given his agent is Jorge Mendes, chances are he''ll go to Wolves where he can continue to be kn0b alongside that particular egoist. He''s hardly pulled up trees at Norwich has he?

There''s some serious revisionism of Nelson''s importance to us going on by some because they don''t like his attitude.

The bloke is our top-scorer in the league this season despite having played around half as many minutes as the other forwards and has the second-best goal to minute ratio in the Championship. If not for him and Maddison, we''d be languishing in the relegation zone currently.

He will more than likely be picked up in January and the board need to make sure it is at a price that benefits us. Replacing him will not be easy.

Lots of interesting comments about selling Nelson. Cannot see who is likely to pay the £8m rumoured offered by Reading in the summer. Especially as it looks he wants to leave and we are willing to sell. Possibly Wolves but don''t seem to be a requirement for them just now, maybe Reading but not the attraction they were in the summer. PL forget about it and probably World Cup. Nelson kidding himself.

If we sell Nelson for £8million we may as well just give up - compare that to the ''going rate'' for a Championship striker!

And before anybody says about injury problems, look at what Boro payed for Assombalonga

I can''t find anything about him wanting away so where are these rumours coming from? The last I heard was that he was happy and settled here.