Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

No chance of even getting to the play offs this season!

So Farke says we don’t need another striker in January? Sorry, but if he really thinks relying on our current crop(or should that be craP) of strikers then he really is dreaming!

Yeah but to be fair, after the first couple of games a load on here (probably you included) made out we''d never be able to defend for toffee and would probably be in a relegation scrap.
So i''m more inclined to side with Farke. Also, i''m sure they''re looking at strikers but are unlikely to put pressure on themselves unnecessary by stating that they need to go and get one. It also shows support for CJ and NO.

I thought the same Hogesar, I would be surprised if we didn''t get a striker in January but there are hardly like to admit to that.
Re the play offs, I''d predicted we''d finish about 10th this season, too many changes for the top 6 and still a work in progress. I would of course be deliriously happy if we do finish top 6

[quote user="hogesar"]Yeah but to be fair, after the first couple of games a load on here (probably you included) made out we''d never be able to defend for toffee and would probably be in a relegation scrap.
So i''m more inclined to side with Farke. Also, i''m sure they''re looking at strikers but are unlikely to put pressure on themselves unnecessary by stating that they need to go and get one. It also shows support for CJ and NO.
[/quote]Totally correct, Hoge.Some people on here seem to have really no idea what ''media friendly'' quotes are actually all about. It doesn''t just keep the media outlet happy, but can also be used to deflect attention from other situations and, as you have said, can help keep players happy by showing support etc.There is a reason that players, managers etc. are media briefed before pretty much every interview.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]So Farke says we don’t need another striker in January? Sorry, but if he really thinks relying on our current crop(or should that be craP) of strikers then he really is dreaming![/quote]Since when has everyone in football always told the truth ?Taking everything they say with a large pinch of salt helps cut through the noise.

Farke throwing his hand on the table halfway through the game would not be a good idea as all clubs like to inflate the price if they know another club is sniffing around.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Farke throwing his hand on the table halfway through the game would not be a good idea as all clubs like to inflate the price if they know another club is sniffing around.[/quote]Jesus, some people are so naive - like nobody in the whole World hasn''t sussed that we need a striker.We have scored 15 goals in 16 matches, we are the 3rd lowest scorers in the League, Jerome can''t hit a barn door from 6 yards and Oliveira is either injured or benched.It''s bl**ding obvious that we are in desperate need of a striker in January.

Cam and/or Watkins score a couple of goals, Nelson gets fit and suddenly it''s not so bleeding obvious at all.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Cam and/or Watkins score a couple of goals, Nelson gets fit and suddenly it''s not so bleeding obvious at all.[/quote]

More chance of Lord Lucan turning up on Shergar than getting thise three wishes to happen before Jan transfer window closes

I think we will be lucky to avoid relegation to be honest. A fair number of players will be sold off (cheap as usual) in January and we will be reliant on loanees from the likes of Shrewsbury and Lincoln... and more lower league GermansGun has now been signed up by England and so he will be off, and we won''t get a fee because we had to sell him years back to balance the books.Colney is being tarted up ready to be sold off, for housing I betI''m not sure if I will even listen to the match this week, there is more to see looking out of my shed window if I am honest

[quote user="Rhubarb"]I''m not sure if I will even listen to the match this week, [/quote]I realise this is a classic attempt at humour doused in sarcasm City1st but i just knew there would be a element of fact in there somewhere. Obviously not going to the game then ?[:D][;)][:P]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Cam and/or Watkins score a couple of goals, Nelson gets fit and suddenly it''s not so bleeding obvious at all.[/quote]Apologies, i wa forgetting Watkins. No worries at all then we''ll soon be scoring 4 or 5 every game.

Its good we are able to recall Carlton Morris from loan at Shrewsbury as intimated by Farke in a previous article. Looks good against Div 1 defenders.

On Bet365 The betting is      To win the Championship outright 66/1  To be promoted 10/1      Whereas  those down the road and above us, are             ----       150/1      ----                11/1

I agree with Farke in that we don''t really need another major option, any side in this division would take a fully fit Oliveira or Jerome, of course they would. They are very, very good strikers at this level.

I do like the idea of getting someone like Morris back though, means we don''t have to spend any cash, we''d be blooding some youth and with his style of play he''d be great to throw on for the last 10 minutes to bruise out the rest of the match and save Oliveira''s legs.

[quote user="Diane"]I thought the same Hogesar, I would be surprised if we didn''t get a striker in January but there are hardly like to admit to that.
Re the play offs, I''d predicted we''d finish about 10th this season, too many changes for the top 6 and still a work in progress. I would of course be deliriously happy if we do finish top 6
[/quote]. How are we still a work in progress? No promotion this season and anyone with a touch of quality will be sold and replaced by more crap foreigners . We will be playing second fiddle to those down the road until Delia and everybody related to her are long gone and we get some proper owners in .

Big game today we simply must stop the rot otherwise we''ll all be on here tonight saying be need another striker and probably other positions as well. Let''s wait and see what happens.

[quote user="pete"]Its good we are able to recall Carlton Morris from loan at Shrewsbury as intimated by Farke in a previous article. Looks good against Div 1 defenders.[/quote]

Morris 80 plus games and 16 goals 8 of which came scored for Hamilton

Kings Lynn next step

Just looking at the table a run of 3 or 4 games either way can may huge changes. In 14th we are only 4 points off 5th, and look at the teams all fighting over 2 play offs spots. 1st and 2nd have a fairly big gap on 3rd and 4th, who have a similar gap on 5th and 6th.

It’s then an absolute free for all down to 14th

Gap or no gap Rogue, I have more chance of becoming Pope than we do of making the play offs after that $hit I witnessed today!

It’s time all the deluded fans realise we will not make the play offs under Farke at all.

We’ll be fine once Marley Watkins gets firing. We just need to make sure he’s happy and not unsettled

😹

@Baldy

The irony is, even after today, we are a point closer than we were 4 hours ago.

But, yeah, im reality we are nowhere near the playoffs. We just don’t have the ability to get though our home games.