Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Someone please convince me...

...that Farke is the man for the job. I like the guy and want him to do well for us, and that''s something for me. I never really took to Lambert or Neil and whilst I wanted to do well, on a personal level I wasn''t too cheesed off when either of them departed. However, based on the evidence I cannot reasonably say that I think Farke is the right man for the job, for the following reasons:-

Bizarre in-game decisions

Today typified his limits at affecting a game during its process. He quite clearly decided that a 4-1-4-1 formation was the best fit for today, would have prepared the team for that lineup and saw that lineup get is into the dressing room, fortuitously I grant you, 1-0 up. I agreed with taking off Husband, he was a weak link in an otherwise strong defence and was on a yellow card, but drop Stiepermann back and bring on Wildschut or Wes. Switching to a 5-3-2 was brainless.

Vrancic

This guy must have compromising pictures of Farke. How he starts games is bewildering enough but how avoids three substitutions in games he does start is truly baffling. Now I know that a few will cry, "BUT THE STATS". Well, they need to get on the football pitch. When you''re knocking 90% of your passes 10 yards sideways or 15 yards backwards, you can expect to make plenty of passes a game at a high completion rate. He offers nothing. Sometimes he doesn''t even look like he knows what he''s doing and looks about as out of place on the pitch as Ali Dia did in his ill-fated hour or professional football. And again, others will cry, "Oh here we go, the next Norwich scapegoat" but that''s rubbish. The vast majority of fans on an Archant poll stated that they were more excited at the prospect of Vrancic than any other signing this season. You only need to read the Brexiters in the EU thread to see how difficult it is to change the mind of a Norwich fan even when presented with reams of evidence. Yet plenty seem to have accepted their early expectations of this waster were misplaced.

No plan

Even under the dire afternoons and evenings at Carrow Road under Hughton and Neil you still got the impression that we were a team with a gameplan, even if many of us thought the gameplan was dull, unambitious and not likely to be successful. Under Farke we have no plan, no strategy and no drive. It looks like he picks a team and says "Go and win". The only noticeable thing is the insistence on Gunn rolling it short, even if it becomes obvious that it is a tactic doomed to fail as it did after 15 minutes versus Wolves. Suffice to say, we continued doing it all game.

Rubbish at home

I don''t think it''s any longer a stretch to say so far we''ve been as awful at home under Farke as any other manager in recent history. Two wins in 9, some god-awful performances and a defeat to a team who haven''t been able to beat anyone else all season. Even in our two Premier League relegation seasons and our Championship relegation season we won a greater percentage of home games than we have so far this season.

Hoolahan

How he didn''t feature today, even off the bench, I''ll be scratching my head at for a long time. It really makes you question whether Farke is watching the same stuff we are.

So please, someone tell me that I''ve got it all wrong and that recruiting a manager from a 4th tier continental league will bear fruit rather than lumbering us with a manager from the German equivalent of Cambridge United.

I think that you are spot on Canarydan but Saint Delia won’t get rid of him even if we dropped into League One again

One thing that confuses me is when people say this is a project and we should judge it after a few transfer windows, yet we have no money unless we sell our better players.

How can we improve if we are having to sell our best players?

Whatever the opposite of a tactical masterclass is..today was it

To change from 4 at the back with 2 wide men high up the pitch when we were winning at half time to going to 5 at the back with no wingers in the second was suicidal.

Why wouldn''t farke have just pushed steiperman back to left back and brought wildschut on?

Good post Canarydan. There is a lot in there that I can agree with.

I really want this experiment to succeed but at the moment we seem to be going backwards at a rate of knots. As you say there seems to be no visible gamepln and we are making mediocre opposition look worldclass.

What worries me is there is no indication that DF knows how to fix it.

Steiperman was completely lost in the position Farke played him.

Also the number of times Gunn took short goal kicks which did not leave the penalty area is unbelieveable

Short goal kicks that invite pressure. What is the point? Teams figure it out after the first one yet we still do it. We mess around with it at the back even when chasing games.

The reason the goal kicks don’t leave the box is because they are played to players under pressure who have no choice but to play the ball before it leaves the box!

No manager would have been able to have got this club doing any better than it is under Farke.

We have had to sell quality players.

We have been hit hard by Nelson''s / Tettey''s fitness and Pritchard''s injury.

We have a huge number of newbies.

Welcome to a long period of transition ... whoever was in charge this would be the case. At least Farke has a philosophy, hunger and a shrewd eye for a cheap player.

Shrewd eye for a cheaper player? Zimmerman and Trybull, then...

We are going to have to sell one Oliveria for another 5 or so signings , including replacing the guy you have just sold.

Not really sure how this transition is supposed to work with no money?

Early season Farke didn’t pick Tettey. If we miss a player, I think it is Lewis. He was an excellent wing back pre-season, and with him fit I think it would be three at the back with pace out wide.

Hopefully Ben Godfrey can be the defensive midfielder Trybull isn’t.

I’m not sure we have the players for Farke’s philosophy, or it is the right philosophy for the championship.