Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Recipe for failure

1. Take a squad of ageing complacent prem players.

2. Sell a few and re-invest in younger L1 standard players from overseas

3. Cross your fingers and hope for the best because...they might just make play offs before remaining money runs out.

The next step after this season is being forced to sell the few remaining prem/top champ players we have and buying even more substandard players A move that seems destined to return a prolonged stay in L1 unless investment can be found.

I go back to my comments at the start of the season. This board have taken us as far as they can. They were once punching at champ standard but since an influx of wealthy owners are looking ever more like L1 vision holders.....and that is where we are heading. Fast.

Personally I think we will finish mid table and will have a £25M hole in our finances as a consequence, which means we will not only have to ship out the ageing, high earners such as Naismith and Jarvis but one of Pritchard or Maddison will be sold. Not sure Murphy has done/is doing enough that somebody will offer that much for him......

But you didnt post this 8 games into our unbeaten run. Youve posted it after the last 4 games. Which suggests youre jumping the gun a little.

I think that 17 games played is a reasonable point to make an assessment. Our home form has seen us score only 7 goals in 9 games and we have accrued 10 point from a possible 27 (thank goodness for our way form). Personally I think we should really be looking at least another 9 points from the games we have played at home so far, which leads me to believe that we will finish around mid table. Dependent on how the games in hand go we could be 6 points off the play offs (7 in reality if you factor in our goal difference). I accept we are a work in progress and I do not have an issue with that, but I think that teams have sussed us out at home and DF needs to address our tactics accordingly.......

It was always going to be a uphill battle for Webber and Farke. Asking them to overhaul the squad, slash the wage bill, sell your best players and then not spend too much would be a hell of a job for anyone.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]You know things are bad when Tilly agrees with comments against the board! 😂[/quote]Baldyboy i am no board lover as i have said for yonks that the majority shareholders time is up and i have had no time for Tom from day one as he offers nothing whatsover in experience ,business nous or finance to bring to the table. Mind you i am told he is a lovely young man who attends quizzes,presses the flesh and talks to the fans. [;)] .