Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Pritchards back

He had a 45 min run out last night in the U23s, which is slightly ahead of the fears of him being out until XmasThere are a few others who may be on the verge of stepping up - Aarons, Phillips. Fonkeu, Abrahams and Ramsay.Others will be pleased to see Martin returning as well - he''ll give Vrancic a break from being duty scapegoat. Also if Raggett is able to step up could we cash in on Klose ?

In what way are Aarons, Phillips, Fonkeu, Abrahams and Ramsay ready in your opinion? I haven''t seen any u23 games, so I can''t comment.

[quote user="Morgan"]In what way are Aarons, Phillips, Fonkeu, Abrahams

and Ramsay ready in your opinion? I haven''t seen any u23 games, so I

can''t comment.[/quote]oh dearperhaps you missed the bit that said ''who maybe"but nevermind I''m sure you meant well (I think)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3577445/ShowPost.aspxPlease keep up City1st. [:D][:P][;)][/quote]ah yes, I did look but must have missed it somehow - so my apologiesI was merely trying to shed a bit of light on what has become rather a gloomy forumps how do you transfer selfies into emojis as you have done, I would be keen to do that as well

Yep, I was just asking for their opinion with no malice whatsoever. I wrote something similar a few weeks ago about some of the u23''s stepping up, I was intrigued to see what other people think.

[quote user="king canary"]I think he was just asking your opinion...

You really are the most unnecessarily confrontational poster on here City 1st.[/quote]Who are you to say this ?What gives your the right to say I am confrontational ?

[quote user="Morgan"]Yep, I was just asking for their opinion with no malice whatsoever. I wrote something similar a few weeks ago about some of the u23''s stepping up, I was intrigued to see what other people think.[/quote]Fine, that''s ok.My thoughts are that the U23''s is being used as a sort of ''reserve battalion''. ie they are pretty much either on their way or returning to the first team.Raggett, Godfrey and Adams have been sent back out out on loan, whereas these signings (as they are) have stayed with the club. It is an indication of where they are in their development. Phillips and Fronkeu are raw youth players and will have been brought in to be able to step up to the first team sooner than laterYou can watch the players but cannot know what the coaching staff see in training, or their mental approach

And ready to take his place in the shop window.

Pritchard to Palace in the summer. Fitness depending.
talking of dummies

[quote user="king canary"]@Rhubarb

I''d suggest the likes of Raggart and Godfrey are much closer to the first team picture than those still here.[/quote]They well might be which comes down to the question over Klose (Raggett)Godfrey has already made first team appearances

My concern with Morris is that he''s seemingly failed to nail down a starting place in any of his loans. Both Murphy brothers were helped by extended starting runs at Coventry and Mk Don''s respectively but Morris hasn''t had that.

[quote user="king canary"]My concern with Morris is that he''s seemingly failed to nail down a starting place in any of his loans. Both Murphy brothers were helped by extended starting runs at Coventry and Mk Don''s respectively but Morris hasn''t had that.[/quote]That is as much as with ToffoloWe were short of a decent left back with the losses of Brady and Olsson and yet Toffolo has not featured and is still out on loan.I think it is case of some you win etcLook at the FA Youth cup squad,. Ben Wyatt had to drop down to non league at one point, as did McGeehan whilst others have simply ''faded away''.However with Cat 1 the policy does seem to be to find players at a much later level and develop them. That is the level we are at without parachute payments and it seems to be working.

I see it slightly differently. I''d imagine most of those on the verge of our first team are out on loan at the moment, gaining the experience that the Murphys and Maddison had last year, all under the watchful eye of Neil Adams.

I''m not sure Fonkeu, Abrahams, Middleton et al will be anywhere near the first team squad this season, unless we get to a point where we are neither going up or down and we have the chance to see what they can do. Philips and Cantwell are closer (Cantwell has travelled with the team for tonight''s game).

[quote user="king canary"]If there was a way of recalling Godfrey I''d be tempted as Tettey is injury prone. He could be a real asset.[/quote]He''s back Jan 1st - six weeksI suspect Tettey will not be re signed May 2018Phillips will also be looking to step up, as might Adams.There is certainly a job keeping tabs on them as well as keeping an eye on likely prospects

[quote user="king canary"]For some reason had it in my head that Godfrey was on loan until the end of the season- glad to be wrong on that front.[/quote]Jan - Godrey, Toffolo, Adams and RegettJun - Morris, Ramsay

Seguing nicely into some gossip I read today about Norwich being in for a defensive mid in Morsey? Seems unlikely if Godfrey returns in Jan surely?

Pedrhaps the fact that while on loan the Murphy brothers had talent

Morris does not get extended runs because he is not good enough

Simple reason

[quote user="Rhubarb"]That is as much as with Toffolo

[/quote]
Toffolo is in Celebrity in the Jungle at the moment, quite lively too [:)]

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="Rhubarb"]That is as much as with Toffolo

[/quote]
Toffolo is in Celebrity in the Jungle at the moment, quite lively too [:)]
[/quote]Celebrity and Jungletwo words that rather stretch their normal definition