Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

On train, going to game

Just gone through Grantham, and there seems more allotments than houses.

So, that makes the leading question of the day, who, on here, has an allotment, and what do they get out of having one? Is it produce, solitude or something else?

My dad used to have one- grew a lot of his own veg, enjoyed spending time there and when me and my brother were old enough we would learn how to do some of the stuff. So I now know how to grow potatoes and tomatoes- don''t have the space to now mind.

I had a friend at uni who had an allotment and I would not mind If i had one, but only if you get a good shed. My friend did up the shed in inherited and fitted a stove so he could hang out in it. He even spend the odd night sleeping there.All this talk of Sheds. I remember Norwich travelling to play Falkirk whose stadium at the time had two stands. One lengthways, one behind a goal. Classic Norwich away chant was. My garden shed has 4 walls. You''ve only got two stands.

Keep it quiet, but I bury bodies on mine. Good fertilizer, (after a couple of years)

My mate has one to keep in touch with his love of horticulture.He trained to do this but ended up in the sales side so spends most of his time on a phone or computer, which is better money but less job satisfaction. (And it gives him a break from the kids).

[quote user="Herman"]Keep it quiet, but I bury bodies on mine. Good fertilizer, (after a couple of years)

My mate has one to keep in touch with his love of horticulture.He trained to do this but ended up in the sales side so spends most of his time on a phone or computer, which is better money but less job satisfaction. (And it gives him a break from the kids).[/quote]

This is no joking matter.

Chairman Mao DID use the bodies of his enemies as human fertiliser.

70 million victims of Mao. Far exceeded Stalin and Hitler as the biggest killer of the 20th century. Yet this is not widely known as China has always been secretive and closed to outsiders. People die quietly.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Herman"]Keep it quiet, but I bury bodies on mine. Good fertilizer, (after a couple of years)[/quote]Chairman Mao DID use the bodies of his enemies as human fertiliser.

70 million victims of Mao.[/quote]He must have had a HUGE allotment. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Herman"]Keep it quiet, but I bury bodies on mine. Good fertilizer, (after a couple of years)[/quote]Chairman Mao DID use the bodies of his enemies as human fertiliser.

70 million victims of Mao.[/quote]He must have had a HUGE allotment. [:S][/quote]He did & he built a wall around it.

I had a huge one when I first got demobbed from the RAF, which I thoroughly enjoyed! I had it for a couple of years whilst I recovered from my Service but once I went back to work I had to sadly give it up as just don’t have the time to do it now!

It was the perfect place to escape to when City we’re away on a Saturday afternoon in order to listen to the game in peace!

I grew lots of nice produce too, don’t think I bought any vegetables for two and a half years as I was lucky with what I grew 😂😂