Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

I'm fed up with this, it's soul destroying

I do like some of the things Farke has tried to do and can see some method to the style of play but it''s just not working. We have some very good attacking players at this level but have managed to lose all goal threat.

We dominate games for long spells but we just don''t score and that makes the margins so fine that any goal we concede tends to lose us points.

Very, very disillusioned at the moment.

Thought we looked OK tonight, which won''t be popular. 
Thought Vrancic had an alright game.
If someone offers 8 mill for Oliveira snap their hand off.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I do like some of the things Farke has tried to do and can see some method to the style of play but it''s just not working. We have some very good attacking players at this level but have managed to lose all goal threat.

We dominate games for long spells but we just don''t score and that makes the margins so fine that any goal we concede tends to lose us points.

Very, very disillusioned at the moment.[/quote]Unfortunately we don''t look like scoring either.Tthe restraints were off a bit tonight and you saw players running with the ball and balls being hit long but there still seems to be no one who can finish.They scored by the simple method of getting the ball into the danger area early on. Count the City defenders in the box - and count the opposition plyers in their own box by the time we have got the ball there.Whatever Farke is telling the players he needs to stop, now

There''s never anyone ahead of the ball, players will break but they just end up going sideways and backwards as there''s no other option.

Even when we''re losing, there''s very little movement ahead of the ball as there seems to be a complete reluctance to commit players forward.

It''s not working now and it''s not going to change.

[quote user="hogesar"]Thought we looked OK tonight, which won''t be popular. 
[/quote]

We always look ok though. That''s not really the point, we are so ineffective and dull.

Painfully short on quality.

Never rated Wildschut since he joined, just a forrest gump impersenator.

Watkins has shown absolutely no quality on the ball.

Jerome... no words... works hard but looks like he''ll never score again

Klose - on far too much money for the inconsistent shows we get

Naismith - awful, awful buy but probably one we are stuck with and one that could perhaps provide us a small spark.

Wes - past his best now, probably done this summer at this level.

Murphy - promising but horribly inconsistent and needs others to be on form for him to be working.

Plenty more but that''ll do for now. The rest are either injured, low cost or doing pretty well. Perhaps when Pritchard is back and we have a wide man that can actually cross, we might score a few goals. Would honestly take the hit on promotion this season, sell the likes of Nelson and Klose and bring the kids in. Honestly think Morris and Raggett couldn''t do much worse.

Thought we looked OK tonight, which won''t be popular.

Opinions are each to their own. But that was never OK. It was boring, unimaginative, come for a draw 1970''s Italian style nothingness.

There were alternatives without Tettey and Vrancic wasn''t one of them. Why stick to a system if you don''t have the players available at the time. 4-4-2 isn''t sinful.

I must admit you are spot on about Oliveira. I know he was frustrated with the lack of service where he wanted it but he just didn''t look interested second half.

Meant to add:

Oliveira - doesn''t really want to be here and we''d be better off taking the money than have him pick and choose what games he can be arsed with. If only you could channel Jeromes work rate and attitude with Nelsons ability you''d have a great player.

Vrancic - seems totally unsuitable for the hustle and bustle of championship football. He has a bit of quality but nowhere near enough to compensate for his lack of fight. Needs a good hard look at himself. He''ll probably be moved on in summer If this continues. Watching him and then comparing to watching Thompson when I''ve seen him, I can''t wait for Thompson to get back fit.

[/quote]

Fans like this hogesar character are killing this football club. The comments are unbelievable, it’s as though he/she is happy when our team is losing and want relegation.

[/quote]

Fans like this hogesar character are killing this football club. The comments are unbelievable, it’s as though he/she is happy when our team is losing and want relegation.

Much better tempo about us but once again never looked like creating a chance let alone score a goal. What is it with these intricate one -twos on the edge of their box, going nowhere, no threat down the flanks. Forest were rubbish and we should''ve got a clean sheet but for Zimbo showing his true level for their goal, beaten all ends up. Soul destroying sums it up.

Same as we used to do at the turn of the millennium. I remember it well then that we couldn''t break into the opposition penalty box. Not enough game and guile about our attacking players at the moment. It''s little wonder a front three with Wes at his peak, the clever game player Holt and a young, physical Chris Martin absolutely smashed it at this level. We have a few too many snowflakes at the moment and not enough players to put their head where it hurts or try that risky bit of skill or run that extra yard like the former 3 would have.

Cheers Simmo.

And I suppose posters like you who can only be bothered to voice your opinions after a poor run are the premier league quality fans our club needs?

Get a fcking grip springs to mind.

What’s genuinely shyte is fans tearing into fans. As if it’s that bad it’s come to mud slinging at our own. This is what fks me off most about Norwich.

When you start blaming fellow fans for the team coming up short, you have lost the argument as far as I am concerned. The issue is simple, we have no cutting edge whatsoever, and Farke, the coaches need to address it, if part of the solution is new blood, then the board/Webber have some big decisions to make.........

[quote user="hogesar"]Cheers Simmo.

And I suppose posters like you who can only be bothered to voice your opinions after a poor run are the premier league quality fans our club needs?

Get a fcking grip springs to mind.[/quote]

I pay 1.7k a year to watch football @ carrow road.

It is abysmal shower of sh@te.

Can you seriously see it getting better, I predict Maddison will be sold in January for his own good. He will only go one way staying at NCFC with the poor players being bought around him.

[quote user="hogesar"]Cheers Simmo.

Get a fcking grip springs to mind.[/quote]

I pay 1.7k a year to watch football @ carrow road.

It is abysmal shower of sh@te.

Can you seriously see it getting better, I predict Maddison will be sold in January for his own good. He will only go one way staying at NCFC with the poor players being bought around him.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Same as we used to do at the turn of the millennium. I remember it well then that we couldn''t break into the opposition penalty box. Not enough game and guile about our attacking players at the moment. It''s little wonder a front three with Wes at his peak, the clever game player Holt and a young, physical Chris Martin absolutely smashed it at this level. We have a few too many snowflakes at the moment and not enough players to put their head where it hurts or try that risky bit of skill or run that extra yard like the former 3 would have.[/quote]That''s pretty much what I put up this afternoonIn attack we seem to be playing as if we had been coached by a volley ball coach. Only in this case we need about half a dozen goes at ''spiking'' the ball.I know there are a few who are t ssing themselves silly over the numbers on www.saddo.com, but the reality is there, watching the game. You have to rip into the opposition as often as you can. We had far more passes back to Gunn than we did shots, on or off target. Vrancis and Superman have not adapted to the robust and fast pace of the Championship. Something that was also the case with RVW.I''ve seen Barcelona tip tapping about like this, keeping possession, the only difference is they have to ability to put a player in front of the goal who will score with a coupe of incisive passes. We do not have players of that quality.Far from the English types with their English type ways needing to adapt Farke needs to adapt to the Championship... very soon.There were signs tonight. Gunn actually started to kit it up field, longer passes were made and players have begun to run with the ball.He needs to scrap what he is telling them. Concentrate on getting them mentally honed and keeping it simple.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]When you start blaming fellow fans for the team coming up short, you have lost the argument as far as I am concerned. The issue is simple, we have no cutting edge whatsoever, and Farke, the coaches need to address it, if part of the solution is new blood, then the board/Webber have some big decisions to make.........[/quote]

The answer to your post is simple silk purse (Howson),

Sows ear (Vrancic).

Fosun International (silk purse), Delia Smith (Sows ear).