Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

We live in an instant soceity

It''s not just Norwich Fans it''s a football thing, listen to any media and already they are talking about who should buy who and how much, and loads of people buy into it.

The days of Fergerson, Shankly and Clough have gone. when manager were able to produced a team over a period of time, - I know the transfer window hasn''t helped this - now manager have a few games (Koeman 4 games!) to appease the fans.

Now is the time for the board to let everybody know this is a long term plan and they will review the situation at Christmas next year.

Go on board be brave. otherwise we have the knee jerk reaction one way or another after every win/loss.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]It''s not just Norwich Fans it''s a football thing, listen to any media and already they are talking about who should buy who and how much, and loads of people buy into it.

The days of Fergerson, Shankly and Clough have gone. when manager were able to produced a team over a period of time, - I know the transfer window hasn''t helped this - now manager have a few games (Koeman 4 games!) to appease the fans.

Now is the time for the board to let everybody know this is a long term plan and they will review the situation at Christmas next year.

Go on board be brave. otherwise we have the knee jerk reaction one way or another after every win/loss.[/quote]

Christmas next year! Your joking, right? This is dire.... I''m not sure many can wait till Christmas this year. No win in 6... we''re regressing. No long term plan can include relegation to League one.

It isn''t knee jerk to look at a team that is going backwards in almost every way and say ''something needs to change.'' It''s just sensible. The board weren''t decisive enough last year with Neil and look where that got us.

This club should never be in this position, we have a captive audience due to our location etc. We have attracted some of the best players in the FL in the past.

Clubs make costly financial mistakes but we seem to be up there with the best when it comes to mistakes

I can understand what you''re getting at, but what we have to watch each week now is terrible. The modern "way of football" has put me off the sport a bit... But I am a NCFC fan and I don''t like the way the club is run atm... I felt sorry for the loyal fans that travelled to Nottingham yesterday...I feel sorry for those that invested in a season ticket too!!!

Football is a results based business, the stakes are too high for it to be anything else.

As for the board saying next Christmas they would be leaving themselves open to all sorts of criticism. What if we got relegated - would the fans really turn and say ‘oh it’s ok, the board will look at it again at Christmas...’

Obviously I am concerned at the current run of form, just as everybody else is. However, I would question whether short term reactions to loss of form have worked for us previously.Given the success that Hughton is having might we have been better off being patient in the first place, both in terms of our finances and the quality of manager we had?It does not seem to me that sacking a manager/ coach, with all the costs involved, is unequivocally a good thing.

Problem is there''s no one to support anymore, and very little hope.

I feel for Farke, but sentiment is dangerous. I don''t like Webber and feel his actions since taking over have been poor. We''re not Huddersfield, and a different approach was needed. to simply try and reproduce the Huddersfield model was irresponsible and naive, and quite frankly shows Webber''s limitations.

As for the board, they have lost 90% of the supporters now. They have made mistake after mistake, and I don''t want them in charge of making any more structural changes or managerial appointments at the club.

So being quite honest, I''m becoming apathetic to the situation and I''m almost content to let Webber and Farke stay and hang themselves.

Go on board, be brave concerning the ''long term plan''......Announce that season ticket prices are unfortunately to be increased for next season.....or, that they will be frozen again at the forthcoming AGM......

Now, that''ll show honesty, integrity and decisiveness......

Apathy feels like the correct term.

I think people are realising that this self funding model is going to lead to regular player sales, mid-table football and the only chance of promotion would be some form of miraculous ''everything clicks'' season that is highly difficult to create.

Interesting reading and the point about modern football is exactly how I feel, generally its dull and normally one team trying not to lose rather than both teams trying to win even for a team Like Man Utd.

That said is changing the manager every time a team loses a couple of games in a row the answer for a club like ours ?

I know it''s time for some people to panic, but does anybody really thing we will be relegated this season? if not then lets ride this sticky patch - it was only a few weeks back we were 9 games unbeaten.

As for the apathy I can see this is taking over a lot of fans country wide, not just Norfolk.

OTBC

Lincoln canary said"As for the board, they have lost 90% of the supporters now".

Absolute tosh,maybe in your head but certainly not at the ground.

At some point a club has to get off the managerial merry go round and give somebody a couple of seasons to build there own team and not half his and half the previous managers. If relegation is looming then act,otherwise leave Farke to get on with it. I''m not the guys biggest fan but a some point we''ll have to allow somebody the time they need to steady the ship.

[quote user=" Badger"]Obviously I am concerned at the current run of form, just as everybody else is. However, I would question whether short term reactions to loss of form have worked for us previously.Given the success that Hughton is having might we have been better off being patient in the first place, both in terms of our finances and the quality of manager we had?It does not seem to me that sacking a manager/ coach, with all the costs involved, is unequivocally a good thing. [/quote]That would just be the beginning. If Farke was not deemed good enough then where would that leave his ''patron'' Webber, the two German coaches, the new scouting and youth coaches ?Would it really be that easy ?The last few games have not delivered, but this is a wider and longer project. Too many have been blinded by our instant success since 2009.We are nor relegation fodder. Some need to grow up stop posting hysterical idiocy and maybe get someone to give them a slap on the face to shake them out of it.(and a kick in the nadgers if they are found out to be bin)

We are at risk of getting relegated if we cant score goals.

I''ve seen it happen to City.

Anyway the current situation is the result of our previous manager wasting £30m+ on transfer fees and wages re players such as Naismith, Jarvis, Andreau, McGovern, etc.

Add Lafferty, VOO and the payoffs and the figure go past £40m.

and money on Maddison, playing Jacob Murphy, Pritchard and getting us into the PL to have that money

[quote user="Rhubarb"]and money on Maddison, playing Jacob Murphy, Pritchard and getting us into the PL to have that money[/quote]

what has this got to do with the money we have poured down the drain?

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]We are at risk of getting relegated if we cant score goals.

I''ve seen it happen to City.

Anyway the current situation is the result of our previous manager wasting £30m+ on transfer fees and wages re players such as Naismith, Jarvis, Andreau, McGovern, etc.

Add Lafferty, VOO and the payoffs and the figure go past £40m.[/quote]Add on another £1m squandered on Moxy.

The problem with our instant society is the media. Basically the media is everywhere non-stop these days. Back in the Fergerson, Shankly and Clough days, you had 4 tv channels, two radio channels maybe and the back pages of the papers. And that was it. Things were slower paced.

Now-a-days you have constant media coverage. There''s a TV channel dedicated to football news for heavens sake. To fill all that time you have pundits discussing every tiny issue to the nth degree, and hence the ridiculous pressure that puts on every manager. And that''s before you get to the internet and social media where every tom, dick and harry can have his view regardless of his level of knowledge on what he''s talking about.

And it''s not just football which is suffering because of the media. I can''t but help but feel political discourse has declined in recent years with less tolerance, less sensible debates and more nonsense.

Couple this with the ''modern'' game of football, which is formulaic, and quite frankly dull. I''m sick of seeing teams line up with 1 striker and 2 holding midfielders. Boring, and pointless. It''s killing the game. I''ve given up with Sky Sports now because I''m sick of seeing two teams trying not to lose and hoping they ''snatch a goal from a set piece''. Boring. Boring. Boring. And as for England. Boring. Boring. Boring.