Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

So who will be at the AGM?

Had a surprise tonight when an AGM regular informed me that they were otherwise engaged.

Of course, I''ll be there along with the rest of the Edwards dynasty but who else will be popping along?

If anyone who isn''t a shareholder fancies it, I believe a certain Til1010 has their proxy available...

Don''t own any shares so won''t be there.Who knows though, may be Delia and Winnie will have a change of heart and decide to gift me their majority shareholding instead of Nepotominism. Then I''ll be able to sit at the big table with a few of my mates.

Documented on here Duncan on a previous thread that my proxy was available. I offered it to Big Vince but he is a shareholder which at the time i was unaware of and will be going under his own steam and making his presence felt to the Board.

So that is myself and Lessingham who have a proxy available. Anybody wish to attend with mine send me a PM.

@ Badger

I might go but have never been before - what ID/ proof of share ownership do I need to provide?Just pm either myself or Tilly with youtr name and address, and we will fill in the form of proxy, and that will allow you to attend, we will have already completed the rest of the form (Unless Mr Tilson abstains) and you will be allowed top attend on our behalf.

Badger

Just turn up with your Annual Report and Proxy form. Nobody challenges you these days. Time was when they looked your name up on the shareholders list.

A waste of time going. Even if the whole audience vented fury at the board nothing would change. That''s the thing about majority ownership, you can wave two fingers at the punters and they can''t do a damn thing about it.

@Crafty

That is true, just look at the chaos at Arsenal’s AGM recently. Fans were unhappy, refused to vote for Kronkes son to be elected to the board and Kronke could just gleefully override them anyway, so unhappy fans just got angry

The whole thing is just pointless

It certainly won''t be a waste of time this year Nutty as Big Vince will be venting his spleen at the top table. Just a shame i will not be there to see it but i am sure ricardo will include it in his report. [:D]

[quote user="ricardo"]Badger

Just turn up with your Annual Report and Proxy form. Nobody challenges you these days. Time was when they looked your name up on the shareholders list.[/quote]Thanks Ricardo.I won''t take you up on your offer Lessingham as I''m not 100% certain I can attend - I hope to.

@Nigel

Because what will change? If everybody going demanded change what would happen? Would Delia suddenly decide it isn’t the way forward and announce an intention to sell? If somebody stood up and demanded Farke gets sacked does it affect anything?

Look at the Arsenal AGM for how pointless AGMs can be. Shareholders just make the numbers up, they don’t actually get a say in anything.

Rogue, all you''re saying is that Delia and Wynnie have most shares. The reason they have most shares is that nobody else wanted them. Geoffrey Watling was happy to sell the shares to others in smaller packages but to my knowledge there were no takers. Then Delia and MWJ underwrote share issues which meant when nobody else wanted them they would stump up. Surely Shareholders who have also stumped up should have the chance to ask questions and have their say. Obviously those who didn''t put in can''t attend.

As for selling the club, if someone seriously wanted to buy it we would know about it. As for giving it away, how would that be fair on people who have shelled out money to buy shares.

Ultimately those who put in most have most say. At least at our club we get a voice. More so then our counterparts down the A140. If the club gets new owners the chances are we''d have less of a voice which will only be acceptable if it''s accompanied by more success. I can''t see where the chances of more success are better than 50/50.

You appear to be arguing points I haven’t made.

I’m just making the point you can ask as many questions as you want, but nothing will change unless the board wants it to.

As you say at least at our club we get a voice, but we don’t really, do we. When was the last time something constructive happened directly because of an AGM?

I’d rather we took a shot at a 50/50 than what’s currently going on at the club!

Ed Balls said we weren’t seeking investment from outside yet only this week Webber said they’d like the fans to help finance the overhaul of Colney!

Surely if they need the fans help that’s an admission that the Club is in need of investment from outside the Club!

It just shows that the Club is in a mess when one board member says we don’t want investment but another says we need help!

Remember the days when we at least got a drink.

Not anymore overpriced crap beer.

The usual suspects will be there at noon to grab the front 2 rows and look in envy at all that money sitting at the top table

Arise Sir Balls

i wonder what would happen if a mega rich Norfolk person stood up and said i have say £100 million to buy and invest in the club are you interested what Delia and the board would say ?

Any real Fan would jump at the chance so surely as a fan Delia would sell if not the best interests of the club are not there

( as long as the person had the money and was fit and proper not going to happen but just a thought )

As MWJ said as long as he is not Indian, Chinese or comes from across the pond. We will be languishing in TC with Delia and next with Master Tom at the helm

Surely they would make an offer? If I wanted to buy it I would. Do you think we need a shrinking violet type of owner without the gumption to make an offer?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Rogue, all you''re saying is that Delia and Wynnie have most shares. The reason they have most shares is that nobody else wanted them. Geoffrey Watling was happy to sell the shares to others in smaller packages but to my knowledge there were no takers. Then Delia and MWJ underwrote share issues which meant when nobody else wanted them they would stump up. Surely Shareholders who have also stumped up should have the chance to ask questions and have their say. Obviously those who didn''t put in can''t attend.

As for selling the club, if someone seriously wanted to buy it we would know about it. As for giving it away, how would that be fair on people who have shelled out money to buy shares.

Ultimately those who put in most have most say. At least at our club we get a voice. More so then our counterparts down the A140. If the club gets new owners the chances are we''d have less of a voice which will only be acceptable if it''s accompanied by more success. I can''t see where the chances of more success are better than 50/50.[/quote]What voice would that be Nutty ?

Our own voice is always the best one Tilly.😉 And we get the opportunity to speak to all the directors and the owners. Do they implement what our voices say? No. Thank goodness! They''d change direction every week if they did. ☺

Which voice should change something Crafty. The loudest? The one with the most shares? A captain of industry maybe? A bog cleaner? Teacher? Bingo caller? Maybe a Doctor?