Sign in to follow this  
Countryside Canary

300 Million pound bid for Newcastle

[quote user="JF"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 22/11/2017 8:45 PM:

JF wrote:

Don’t suppose any of you lot on here invested a few hundred quid into bitcoin a few years ago and have forgotten about it!? No? Shame! That Seems the only way one of our fans is going to be rich enough to buy them out!

Serious question buddy. If you did have that money would you buy the football club you love and then be made unwelcome by the other fans if the players you were financing didn''t meet others expectations?

And another serious question. I had you down to make the Norwich picks for the Sheff Wed game on 9th December. Is that ok?

In all honesty unless you are in that position it really is impossible to answer what you would do. If I were worth a few billion then yes I’d throw money at the club, if I were worth what Delia is, then no chance, because football has moved into the playthings of the mega rich now.

Yeah, will be happy to do the picks 👍🏻[/quote]
Thanks buddy the gig is yours[:)]

Were Delia & MWJ shareholders then when Watling sold those shares to them that he obtained from Chase to get rid ? I seriously don''t know.

I know they were because they became shareholder in the summer of 1996 and Watling kept the shares until December 1997. 
As for the rest, I don''t know. I''m thinking if someone from outside wanted to buy the club then that offer may have to go to all the shareholders. But I don''t know.....
I do know that if you put Izal in public toilets there''s less chance of getting the bog rolls nicked...

I believe there is a rule that once you''ve bought a certain % of shares you have to make an offer for the rest of them - whether you''d have to offer the same amount per share I don''t know.

[quote user="king canary"]I believe there is a rule that once you''ve bought a certain % of shares you have to make an offer for the rest of them - whether you''d have to offer the same amount per share I don''t know.[/quote]

Honestly, it is almost as if some of you care more about the football than the intricacies of the Takeover Code...

Anyone who acquired 30 per cent of the shares in Norwich City would have to make an offer to all shareholders, and at the highest price they had paid in getting to 30 per cent.

And the answer to the next question is no, because the Takeover Code did not (I believe) apply to Norwich City back then.