Sign in to follow this  
Countryside Canary

300 Million pound bid for Newcastle

It is very frustrating.

All but the most wilfully blind happy clapper can see that this board is stale- well beyond its use-by date. A hangover of local club ownership struggling to compete in the global era.

We should be very grateful for all they have done. But knowing when to leave is as important as knowing when to step in. And the days of them helping this club move forward are long gone.

Which is why we stagnate under this watch and see nepotism creep in (nephew Tom and celebrity Ed Balls) where business sense should dominate.

Doubtless the nay sayers will be quick to shout that money doesnt necessarily bring success. Fine. But a lack of it most certainly guarantees failure in the mid to long term.

I stand by the belief for which I am often attacked on this site. That we will not remain a decent champ team unless the board is replaced. We are heading to League 1 on this watch. It is there for all to see....

Perhaps once Klose, Murphy, Maddison and Pritchard are sold to cover costs, and we can no longer afford Gun and Harrison on loan- that fact will settle in... purchasing cheap players from other countries and then hoping for the best is not a road map for long term glory

[quote user="Countryside Canary"]PCP partnership has tabled a bid for the toon, Mike Ashley paid £134 million back in 2007. But remember Delia told us MOBODY is looking to buy football clubs!![/quote]When did she say that?

Ashley selling Newcastle.

West Ham fans want Sullivan/Gold/Brady out.

Both have been relatively successful at their current clubs, both avoid the ‘foreign ownership’ stigma, both have experience of the English leagues.

So would we be against either if they approached Delia?

I wouldn''t say Ashley has been relatively successful- Newcastle have been relegated twice on his watch having been in the Premier League since 1992.

Question for our wunnaful fag packet heroes...

If someone tabled a 300m bid for us how much would that be per share. Just wondering how much I''d get in my sky rocket. Before Christmas would come in handy.....

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Who is this mysterious Mo Body and what are their credentials?Apples[/quote]part of Movemeber I believethough it could be to do with Mo Farrar who was recently knighted

ps I did wonder if this poor chap also mispelt his first name - there does appear to be a few letters too many

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Question for our wunnaful fag packet heroes...

If someone tabled a 300m bid for us how much would that be per share. Just wondering how much I''d get in my sky rocket. Before Christmas would come in handy.....[/quote]I have pm''ed you old fellow   -   do check

[quote user="king canary"]I wouldn''t say Ashley has been relatively successful- Newcastle have been relegated twice on his watch having been in the Premier League since 1992.[/quote]

True, but Delia hasn''t got the best relegation record

If someone tabled a 300m bid for us how much would that be per share. Just wondering how much I''d get in my sky rocket. Before Christmas would come in handy.....[/quote]
Come on you Ledger Lovers. I''d help you out with advice if your porcelain was stained....
Anyway. It seems I might not need the windfall[;)]
I am Mavis .L. Wanczyk, the current winner of Powerball lottery here United

States { USA } On August 23, 2017: The winning ticket was sold in Chicopee,

Massachusetts to me, which i won the largest jackpot with a single winner in

American history with the total sum of $758.7 million grand prize . Here is the

website for a proof: 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/08/24/who-mavis-wanczyk-winner-million-powerball-jackpot/t2Jt0IAlH6GJTtWLVXvijK/story.htmlIf

you received this message, please do consider yourself as one of the

beneficiaries from me. I am donating One Million dollars { $1,000,000.00 } each

to ten lucky people.Contact me via email (mavislwanczyk12@yahoo.com

[quote user="Countryside Canary"]PCP partnership has tabled a bid for the toon, Mike Ashley paid £134 million back in 2007. But remember Delia told us MOBODY is looking to buy football clubs!![/quote]

and he paid off the big debt they had.

If someone tabled a 300m bid for us how much would that be per share. Just wondering how much I''d get in my sky rocket. Before Christmas would come in handy.....[/quote]

Roughly £486.29 per ordinary £1 share, if the £300m just related to the ordinary share capital.

More chance of us landing in division one than Auntie selling out.

😳😳😳😳😳

💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷

You lot going bananas, I’ll be in the Bahamas.

You lot going nuts, I’ll be drinking cocktails out of them.

Innit Duncan😄

That''s £12,157.25 between me you and Jellytot.

Thanks Tangie. How much would we get if the owners sell up for a quid?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Innit Duncan😄

Thanks Tangie. How much would we get if the owners sell up for a quid?[/quote]

They could sell their shares for a £1 each, doesnt mean you have to.

If you have 25 shares and you wanted to sell them for £1 each then that = £25

Don’t suppose any of you lot on here invested a few hundred quid into bitcoin a few years ago and have forgotten about it!? No? Shame! That Seems the only way one of our fans is going to be rich enough to buy them out!

[quote user="JF"]Don’t suppose any of you lot on here invested a few hundred quid into bitcoin a few years ago and have forgotten about it!? No? Shame! That Seems the only way one of our fans is going to be rich enough to buy them out![/quote]

Would Delia sell to a City fan who was also a billionaire?

I doubt it!

[quote user="JF"]Don’t suppose any of you lot on here invested a few hundred quid into bitcoin a few years ago and have forgotten about it!? No? Shame! That Seems the only way one of our fans is going to be rich enough to buy them out![/quote]

Would Delia sell to a City fan who was also a billionaire?

I doubt it!

Serious question buddy. If you did have that money would you buy the football club you love and then be made unwelcome by the other fans if the players you were financing didn''t meet others expectations?
And another serious question. I had you down to make the Norwich picks for the Sheff Wed game on 9th December. Is that ok?

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Innit Duncan😄

Thanks Tangie. How much would we get if the owners sell up for a quid?[/quote]

They could sell their shares for a £1 each, doesnt mean you have to.

If you have 25 shares and you wanted to sell them for £1 each then that = £25[/quote]
So am I right in saying that whatever offer comes in for the owners shares has to be made to all shareholders but they can choose whether to accept?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 22/11/2017 8:45 PM:

JF wrote:

Don’t suppose any of you lot on here invested a few hundred quid into bitcoin a few years ago and have forgotten about it!? No? Shame! That Seems the only way one of our fans is going to be rich enough to buy them out!

Serious question buddy. If you did have that money would you buy the football club you love and then be made unwelcome by the other fans if the players you were financing didn''t meet others expectations?

And another serious question. I had you down to make the Norwich picks for the Sheff Wed game on 9th December. Is that ok?

In all honesty unless you are in that position it really is impossible to answer what you would do. If I were worth a few billion then yes I’d throw money at the club, if I were worth what Delia is, then no chance, because football has moved into the playthings of the mega rich now.

Yeah, will be happy to do the picks 👍🏻

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If that was the case we would all know what Watling actually walleted all those years ago.[/quote]
But surely that was a private transaction between shareholders. If someone from outside wanted to buy the club wouldn''t different rules apply?