Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Mulumbu joins Kilmarnock

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Difficult to think that Wolves success is down to Ruddy and Bennett. They may play their part but there are a number of other players that have put them at the top of the table.[/quote]

I’m not denying that, but the point was that no one of those who went had done anything of note! I wonder whether they both wish they were back here with us 😃

To be fair I think they''d both rather be playing for us. I think if we could have offered them what Wolves did they would happily have signed.

Because they enjoyed playing here. Norwich is a great club to play for. Just a couple of weeks ago Ryan Bennett was at the CSF quiz.

Did both go for financial reasons? Ruddy, yes, but not so sure that Bennett''s release was down to money.

However, I don''t think either is suited to the passing / possession mantra that we are trying to implement, although Ruddy did look confident and was untroubled when they beat us a couple of weeks ago.

The average wage in the SPL is about �145K per year.

If you exclude Celtic (700K) and Rangers (350K) its about �100K.

I think Bennett wanted and was expecting to stay. I don''t think he took to the news of not being offered a contract extension particularly well.

Clint wrote the following post at 24/11/2017 6:06 PM:

''I think Bennett wanted and was expecting to stay. I don''t think he took to the news of not being offered a contract extension particularly well. ''

I''m not surprised.

The sad thing is that he was castigated on this forum by the resident experts who all seemed to relish in slagging him off with some sort of brainless pack mentality.. There were very few of us who could see how good a player he was at this level!

I think he''s now played four Championship games on the trot for Wolves during which they have concede just one goal.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Both playing in a defence that has conceded less than a goal a game which is promotion form and to think that last season Ruddy and Bennett were perceived as a big part of the problem with us leaking goals.[/quote]

Yep. Certainly makes you think.  Certain traits at clubs are often set so deeply that it isn''t just changing players or even coaches around that sorts things out, certainly not in the short term. Ex-players and managers often benefit from fresh start, like Ruddy and Bennett.   However, we have Gunn and Hanley now - upgrades imo.